RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-05, 05:58 PM   #1
morse code
...fuck life.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Death penalty and treating minors as adults

IP: 28AD 5545

well basically theres been alot of controversy about this lately, wut do you think shood happen...shood minors be able to be put to death and treated as adults or not...i personally say yes because they usually know that there will be consequences when the crime is committed even though they probably werent thinking about them at the time,
Send a message via Yahoo to morse code   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-05, 06:03 PM   #2
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: 828D 0B7A

I just did an english essay on something similar......

but they shouldnt be because what if they are killed by the sentence, then later on after they are dead new evidence comes up to prove there innocence, wouldnt work.
Old 04-06-05, 06:38 PM   #3
FlowIntelligent.
The Epitome Of Greatness

Text Record: 55-26
IP: 28AD 5545

9 times out of 10 if someone is in jail they arent innocent. And the main charge that would give you the death penalty would be murder. And they always have a ton of evidence for murder cases. I think that minors should have the same consequences as adults. So what if youre 13-16 murder is murder. Unless it was accidental. If they want to kill someone like a man, then suffer the consequences as a man. And what if it was a family member of yours that this "child" murdered. Would you want him to spend his life in jail or die. And we all know we would want them to die for the simple fact they took a member of our familys' life.

I dont care if your 13 or 31 its the same thing and at that age you know the difference between right and wrong and you know what could happen to you if youre caught.

And another thing. The population In NY states prison system based on age is ridiculous.

48% Of the prisons in NY state alone are inmates 18 - 24 years old. So you tell me that our younger generation are more level headed. They take up half the population of the prisons in NY.

And for another fact.

42% Of inmates in NY states prison system are there for manslaughter/Murder
or another related crime

out of that 42% of total inmates with a charge of murder or manslaughter 27% are under the age of 24

So therfore these "kids" are more insane than adults and should be treated as adults if they are doing more serious crimes than their older generations.

They know what they are doing but they do it for respect and notoriety. Well now theyre in prison. Do they deserve to die?

Yes because they killed someone else.

An eye for an eye, A tooth for a tooth.

Send a message via AIM to FlowIntelligent.   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-05, 05:34 PM   #4
TAKENOTICE
ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME

Text Record: 5-5
IP: E89B 00E7

well some people say that until the age of 16 in most children the brain has not fully developed the full concept of right and wrong, all though i partially believe this i also think that in most cases the child is fully aware and believes that because they are not of age they are not liable...i believe the death penalty should be allowed only in extreme cases involving children 15 and older i can't sya sending i 13 or 14 year olds to die i think life in prison is just as just...
DaTruth29 [~*Lady Fiya*~] shake-spear Trooper Nova
Old 04-07-05, 06:38 PM   #5
FlowIntelligent.
The Epitome Of Greatness

IP: 3240 794D

Life in prison is as just as the death penalty ? Youll be alive still with the mindstate of a murderer no matter your age. That puts other inmate's life's at risk more than the usual. And a 13-14 year old will be liable for parole. He'll go to juvi until he is 18 and then they will ship his ass out to prison where he'll spend at the least 3 more years or up to 10-15 more years get out of prison because of time served or parole and could kill again. Dont give people the chance to make America worse than it already is. Why should we be scared to walk down the street by ourselfs at night cause this crazy teen threatened us and we know he could kill again. And escaping from prison is possible. He could become a terrorist and bomb a big city. Anything's possible. I say from the age of 8 or 9 you definately know the difference between right and wrong. And you know hurting someone else to the extent of murder could force consequences upon yourself. People in general are not stupid and know the difference between right and wrong so all that is just ignorance. You know shooting someone is wrong when youre young. Very young. And you know stealing is wrong and you know everything bad is wrong some people stay with that 'wrong' mindset. And others throw it out the window, thinking its right when in all reality subconsciously they know its wrong. think about it.

Old 04-07-05, 08:45 PM   #6
TAKENOTICE
ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME

You Are To Quick To Judge A Persons Mentality At Such A Young Age...people Change People Feel Regret For The Most Part...in Some Aspect Of Your Arguement You Are Completely Correct In The Ways Of A Psycopath...which Studies Show That Once A Psycopath Always A Psycopath But Psycopaths Usually Commit Mass Murders As In Serial Killers, It Is Not All Murders Some Do Wish They Sould Go Back And Change Everything...please Excuse The Caps I'm Not Yelling At The Comp My Button Was Jammed By My Lil Sis...trying To Fix It...NEVERMIND THE POST PROGRAM DID IT FOR ME...
Old 04-07-05, 08:46 PM   #7
TAKENOTICE
ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME

Okay Nvm My Buttons Just Fucked...BUT FLOW ON A SIDE NOTE OUT OF THE MAJORITY IN CEREBRAL APPROACH I FIND YOU ARE ONE OF THE BEST TO BATTLE OPINIONS WITH YOU TRUELY EXPLAIN YOUR FULL OPINION...YOU WOULD ACTUALLY BUT RATHER GOOD AT DEBATE...

Last edited by WiNC : 04-07-05 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-07-05, 08:50 PM   #8
FlowIntelligent.
The Epitome Of Greatness

No im not too quick to judge. I know from experience. I did crimes at an early age but i feel no remorse and i took the consequences that were put before me. People can change but the chance a murderer changes is slim to none, because mentally they do think they have changed, but there's that chance something can trigger an ex murderer to kill again. And when i was in prison for my first 3 months i was with teens that committed murder.. And i heard shit from them that made me feel that if youre that young and feel no remorse for the murder you committed or you dont regret it then the possibility of killing again is extremely high.

Life in jail is inhumane in my eyes. Jail is not a good place and some people glorify it after being in jail saying it wasnt too bad or whatnot and it is that bad and that has nothing to do with violence or jail crimes its how the deps treat you in there. Youre an animal to them, worse than an animal so life in jail to me is worse than death because i would be quick to take the death penalty over life in jail. Its just not worth it.

Old 04-07-05, 08:51 PM   #9
FlowIntelligent.
The Epitome Of Greatness

Yea the damn debate classes in high school years ago distort my views from alot of other peoples views.

Its either that or i like being right ?

Old 04-07-05, 08:54 PM   #10
TAKENOTICE
ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME

Yea But If Life In Prison Is Worse Then Death In The Way You Precieve It Then Why Wouldn't You Want Someone Who Killed A Member Of Your Family As You Previously Stated To Suffer Rather Then Go Out The Easy Way ...
Old 04-07-05, 09:01 PM   #11
FlowIntelligent.
The Epitome Of Greatness

Because i understand that it is inhumane to have to spend your life in jail. And im more of the pacifist type, you suffer enough awaiting your execution. You must forgive sooner or later.

And im not being judgemental by saying it. I would like revenge on family and friends that have been murdered but i wont do it because its just suicide by law.

Do not judge, so that you may not be judged. For with the judgment you make you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. Why do you see the speck in your neighbor's eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your neighbor, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' while the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor's eye.

If he regrets his actions, then i would start to forgive. Never forget but forgiveness is a extremely hard thing to do. Escpecially in a situation of a family member murdered.

Old 04-10-05, 02:14 AM   #13
High-Dro
Non-Convicted Rapist

IP: 4461 951A

yea, we aint got the death penalty....but i kinda support the death penalty, cuz if i was sentenced to jail for life, i would rther be dead......and a lot of cases teens know what they're doing is wrong

Send a message via AIM to High-Dro Send a message via MSN to High-Dro   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-05, 09:45 PM   #14
Thassarap
.The Movement.

Text Record: 3-3
IP: 38EC B892

the death penalty should not exist for anyone because their innocence might be proven
life sentences have the same effect, but you can release a cleared convict serving a life sentence, and you cant bring them back to life if you kill them
Old 08-04-05, 02:19 AM   #15
DON
Middle Weight

Text Record: 27-11
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 1999 62FA

i believe we shouldnt have a death penalty just because it isnt humane to have a human locked up in a cell awaiting for their death. yea, if they killed my mom i probly wouldnt b sayin this, but i know i wouldnt wana wait 16 years in a prison until i was executed through a needle. life in prison is enough punishment because they only let them out one hour a day. by that time theyll b so insane from lack of socialization that they will want to die, so it will b more of a punishment for them.

and for the minors part, if they were aware of what they were doing and knew there would be such consequences then yeah, they should b killed too. that just shows that thier criminal mind has matured beyond the years they have in age