RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-07, 12:08 AM   #31
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Text Record: 22-1
IP: D2BE 2A40

So, your friends are idiots?

My grammar needs tuning, and you started a sentence with and.......tisk...

Listen douche bag...i'm sorry I don't go out of my way perfect my grammar on rapverse. I'm in college, writing scholarship. I'm going to graduate early..with over a 3.8. One of the classes I took. J202. 1 page paper every morning of class. 15 minutes...any grammatical or spelling errors..you fail the paper. The papers are worth over 50% of your grade, i got an A..easy....so i apologize if I value your opinion on my grammer, a lot less than my college professors...but you'll understand once you get there if you make it. Terumoto doesn't think your an idiot. He knows you are wrong though. This other dude that just posted in here, said we were both right...simply because he didn't understand the argument. And, i've told about a total of 10 people....about how im trying to explain "nothing" to this guy....and they are all curious as to how you don't fucking understand it yet.....so really, do I give a shit about your stupid ass friend who is just as narrow minded as you? No. Do i care if you arn't willing to accept the fact that nothing doesn't exist....no. It's common sense. I bet I could ask my youngest sister, and off the top of her head, she could show a better understanding of this subject than you have shown after it was explained to you very thoroughly.

All i can say to you now is, to argue with me...is to argue with just about every scientist thats ever walked the face of the earth.

Now, if you are going to reply....please show me one possible example where "Nothing" in it's entirety...not just used as a word for measure....can exist in this world..right now....think real hard...think of ONE example...where you can say there is nothing, and there will be no way to deny it.....if you can't do this...just shut the fuck up....i'm tired of seeing your un-educated nonsense over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
I just got back from a friend's house who I made read this entire thread and he thinks you're an idiot too, R-Evolution.

Oh and my reading comprehension needs no tuning, however, your grammar sure does.

like I said before, peace.

And don't let ANYONE change how you view the world. Lord knows no one can.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-07, 12:22 AM   #32
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: F175 FBF7

I imagine that what it was like before I was born is exactly what it will be like after I die. So, on a related note, I suppose to be scared of death is to be scared of the same thing that was before life. There was nothing, from the perspective of 'me' at least, and when I die it will be that way again. No blackness, no space, no lost memories, no time, no emotions, no knowledge, no pain, no bliss even........just absolutely nothing.

Just trying to un-mutilate this thread. =/

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 07-30-07, 12:36 AM   #33
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic/Socrates
I imagine that what it was like before I was born is exactly what it will be like after I die. So, on a related note, I suppose to be scared of death is to be scared of the same thing that was before life. There was nothing, from the perspective of 'me' at least, and when I die it will be that way again. No blackness, no space, no lost memories, no time, no emotions, no knowledge, no pain, no bliss even........just absolutely nothing.

finally, someone with something of value to say.

like you said though, that "nothingness" isn't nothingness in it's entirety. That is soley your perspective. All those things still exist in the world, only difference is, you have lost the ability to recognize anything.

And i wouldn't say that to fear death is to fear the pre-birth experience all over again....I would say it's more, the fear of death is the fear of never being happy again. Never getting to do the things you love doing. While you are free from suffering, you are also kept from happiness. Not to mention, some people are a little shook by the idea of hell. But realistically....I think fear of death is a condition that is un-avoidable, it can only be treated when you reach a certain level of maturity and acceptance. As humans, especially americans...we're afraid of change. And Death is the biggest change any of us can possibly go through. It's not something we think about and spook ourselves with, but I think sub-conciously it's definately an active thought.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-07, 01:33 AM   #34
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 3223 240D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic/Socrates

I'll tell you something interesting. Have you ever seen that thing that cats do where they just stare out into space for long periods of time? Like they'll sit on a porch or a fence or a couch and just stare, it looks like they're daydreaming or something. Well a study was done, and in fact when cats do that, they have NO brain activity whatsoever. None. Not a brain wave at all besides the very tiny ones that keep them breathing and shit. No actual brain activity occurs.

Just another reason why cats are so awesome.
Old 07-30-07, 01:42 AM   #35
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 2998 9024

This thread is somthing, nothing would of not been making a thread.
Old 07-30-07, 01:50 AM   #36
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?.
This thread is somthing, nothing would of not been making a thread.

if this thread wouldn't have been made...it wouldn't exist..just like i've been saying the whole time.

however....you cannot say...."there is nothing" because i didn't make a thread on an online hip hop forum....

thats the whole point of this....there is a vast difference between there is no thread, and there is nothing. But, why am I explaining this to you....you arn't that yuppy ass un-educated pretend to be intellectual type that I was dealing with earlier

Old 07-30-07, 09:01 PM   #37
сварливый

IP: 30B6 8894

I'm sorry but you failed to persuade me and I failed to persuade you, and in SOME cases, we were both right. However, I see this and you don't, which gives me an easy upper-hand over you.
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 07-30-07, 09:15 PM   #38
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
I'm sorry but you failed to persuade me and I failed to persuade you, and in SOME cases, we were both right. However, I see this and you don't, which gives me an easy upper-hand over you.

You failed to persuade me because there is nothing to persuade me of. Your argument was empty, and based on nothing but a personal interpreation of a word.

In many cases, we could have argued and been both correct.

However, that is not possible in this case. Because for me to be right, which I am, because it's an un-deniable truth...would completely reverse any possibility of the latter.

Just like if you were right, which I, as well as most human beings over the age of 12, can gaurantee that you are not. But hypothetically speaking, if you were...I could not possibly be right.

That's just how it is. There is no grey area.

And i could flip this, and say that..."And your failure to see this as true gives ME the upper hand"

You can make your own rules about anything and everything, that doesn't make them effective though.

so instead I'll say.

By admitting i was right, even thought it is only partial, is admitting i was 100% successful in my intention.

Thanks

Old 07-30-07, 09:19 PM   #39
сварливый

IP: 30B6 8894

I asked a 42 year old adult male who's been in the navy and studied Universe Relevance before and he told me I was closer to right than you were.

And this is the exact reason he gave me -

Because you spent the entire time in our so called "Argument" babbling about the importance of Nothing. Which obviously made it Something, which obviously made you contradict yourself all the way through the near-end of page 2.

You're a stupid fuck. lmao
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 07-30-07, 10:05 PM   #40
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
I asked a 42 year old adult male who's been in the navy and studied Universe Relevance before and he told me I was closer to right than you were.

And this is the exact reason he gave me -

Because you spent the entire time in our so called "Argument" babbling about the importance of Nothing. Which obviously made it Something, which obviously made you contradict yourself all the way through the near-end of page 2.

You're a stupid fuck. lmao

see, this is where you look stupid.

I never once argued the importance of nothing. I argued that nothing, in it's entirety, didn't even exist.
that it could not exist...because it's existance completely reverses the possibility of being nothing.

And please don't try to say I'm making nothing into something, by saying it's something that doesn't exist...because that just displays how basic your mind really is more-so than ever.

By saying nothing doesn't exist, i'm not contradicting myself, i'm doing my best in explaing something that is impossible for the human language to fully explain.

Oh yeah, the part that makes you look stupid. Is you claiming you understood me 100%. When you just proved that you didn't at all.

Old 07-30-07, 10:12 PM   #41
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Oh, and I hope you understand what universal relevance is. It's a theory that suggests that there are things in the world, that are completely relevant to everything else....and the idea of this possibility.....would have to mean that EVERYTHING is relevant to everything.

It's basically a religous theory, from the perspective of science and science alone, that has absolutely nothing to do with him being able to judge who is right or wrong in this conversation.

Studying universal relevance you're entire life will not get you anywhere closer to understanding this topic.....

Old 07-30-07, 10:19 PM   #42
xCadaverx
Must not Sleep; Must Warn Others

IP: A52E FBE3

There are no answers to nothing; but there is infinite definitions.

Nothing is what it is: nothing; yet at the same time, nothing is almost everything.

[/Jimi Hendrix on LSD ]
Old 07-30-07, 10:24 PM   #43
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCadaverx
There are no answers to nothing; but there is infinite definitions.

Nothing is what it is: nothing; yet at the same time, nothing is almost everything.

[/Jimi Hendrix on LSD ]

I like the idea of you trying to contribute. And I like the idea of jimi hendrix on acid as well.

But that makes no sense. Human translations of perceptions mean don't mean anything in reality. They are just ways to communicate. The difference is, we can never fully explain any 1 thing in the world. So our babel is really just a feeble attempt to explain what we cannot.

You can say nothing has infinite definitions. But that is the tricky part. You can't define what doesn't exist. You can try to define the idea that something doesn't exist, but that's as close as you will ever come.

Human translation of human realities is a product of conditioning. Not truth.

Old 07-30-07, 10:44 PM   #44
xCadaverx
Must not Sleep; Must Warn Others

IP: A52E FBE3

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Evolution
I like the idea of you trying to contribute. And I like the idea of jimi hendrix on acid as well.

But that makes no sense. Human translations of perceptions mean don't mean anything in reality. They are just ways to communicate. The difference is, we can never fully explain any 1 thing in the world. So our babel is really just a feeble attempt to explain what we cannot.

You can say nothing has infinite definitions. But that is the tricky part. You can't define what doesn't exist. You can try to define the idea that something doesn't exist, but that's as close as you will ever come.

Human translation of human realities is a product of conditioning. Not truth.

Well, I'm sure technically, and I guess obviously, nothing really doesn't exist.

But a definition is not a fully explanation, I've found myself confused still and wondering about things after looking up a word or whatever.

noth·ing –noun
1. no thing; not anything; naught: to say nothing.
2. no part, share, or trace (usually fol. by of): The house showed nothing of its former magnificence.
3. something that is nonexistent.
4. nonexistence; nothingness:
dictionary.com

I guess what I'm trying to say is, how are you so sure our own human communication did not make up the literal thought and creation of "nothing". Or even if nothing exists.

"In the beginning, there was nothing."
^I guess that just makes things harder to understand for me.
Old 07-30-07, 11:00 PM   #45
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCadaverx
Well, I'm sure technically, and I guess obviously, nothing really doesn't exist.

But a definition is not a fully explanation, I've found myself confused still and wondering about things after looking up a word or whatever.

noth·ing –noun
1. no thing; not anything; naught: to say nothing.
2. no part, share, or trace (usually fol. by of): The house showed nothing of its former magnificence.
3. something that is nonexistent.
4. nonexistence; nothingness:
dictionary.com

I guess what I'm trying to say is, how are you so sure our own human communication did not make up the literal thought and creation of "nothing". Or even if nothing exists.

"In the beginning, there was nothing."
^I guess that just makes things harder to understand for me.

see, this where the conversation should have gone 3000000 posts ago..thankyou for dis-connecting words from reality.

And speaking from a non-religious point of view....not saying that I am not religious, just trying to be objective as possible.

Our human communication DID create the literal thought of "nothing"

Because human communication, in general, is an attempt to explain the world at hand.

And with such a literal perspective, people seek answers for everything, and tend to create them through logic.

IE...if something exists...and nothing is the opposite of something...than nothing must exist as well.

when in reality, the existance of something is what makes nothing impossible.

Since the beginning of time(assuming you don't believe time is infinite) we've tried to make sense of things we have no business understanding...and we havn't succeeded..we've just found a middle ground that is acceptable for now.

There is no reason to question the idea that nothing exists...because who cares?

to question it is extremely meaningless and empty. The only purpose this conversation even serves, is just an exercise to think outside of what we've been conditioned to think like, and to extend outside of this topic, into a more relevant topic, that is more rewarding to discuss, yet has no real answers.

honestly, who gives a shit about fact and fiction?