RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-06, 04:58 PM   #1
gladbag
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Jigga boycots Cristal (well hell i can't buy it anyway HA! HA! HA!)_

IP: CF74 5D3A

Jigga boycots Cristal (well hell i can't buy it anyway HA! HA! HA!)_

After years of flaunting Cristal in his rhymes and videos, Jay-Z has announced that he plans to boycott the pricey champagne and will no longer serve it at his 40/40 sports lounges, due to comments made by Cristal's managing director.
In a recent edition of The Economist Magazine, Frédéric Rouzaud, the managing director of Louis Roderer Cristal, described the rap community's promotion of the drink as "unwelcome attention."

"What can we do?" said Rouzaud, in an article titled "Bubbles & Bling." "We can't forbid people from buying it. I'm sure Dom Perignon or Krug would be delighted to have their business.
Cristal, which is priced at around $200 a bottle, has been prominently shown and mentioned in numerous songs and videos from various hip-hop artists in the past ten years.

"It has come to my attention that the managing director of Cristal, Frederic Rouzaud views the 'hip-hop' culture as "unwelcome attention." I view his comments as racist and will no longer support any of his products through any of my various brands including The 40/40 Club nor in my personal life" said Jay-Z, via a statement.

Jay-Z and his 40/40 Club franchise will now be serving only Krug and Dom Perignon to patrons thirsting for plush champagne products.
In related news, Jay-Z is scheduled to hit New York's Radio City Music Hall on June 25 to celebrate the tenth anniversary of his debut, Reasonable Doubt. Hov will perform the critically acclaimed CD in its entirety for the first time that night.
Old 06-16-06, 09:18 PM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: AA62 EAD1

Word.. I would of done the same thing.......

Fuck them.......
Old 06-16-06, 10:00 PM   #3
So.Rell
Mic Jordan

Text Record: 1-0
IP: EBE6 A230

A Tommy Hilfiger move...Fuck Cristal...that's so stupid

Get the Fuck out the Ring!
"When the LP Rolls Out..
The Source will be Forced to make the Quotables a Three page Fold Out" - Kno of Cunninlynguists.
Send a message via AIM to So.Rell   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-06, 06:25 AM   #4
Konvict_NYC
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 9E6B C227

Yeah that shit is stupid but I bet Jay Z wont stop drinkin Cristal or sellin it at his club, it'll lose customers..but that guy saying it as "unwelcome attention", what's he talking about, without rappers buying it and therefore their millions of followers buying it, he would lose buisness.

N.O.K

SpuL - 10/10
Shere Kaughn - 10/10
Speats - 20/10
and more

Send a message via AIM to Konvict_NYC Send a message via MSN to Konvict_NYC   Reply With Quote