RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Violent Text League
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-08, 11:39 PM   #1
Lay.
don't try.

Text Record: 13-2
Week 9 Mag - The Reaper

IP: 534F DFE5

Week Nyne Mag - The Reaper

Your mag..

Intro.
Battle Reviews
Top Punches
Battle Predictions
Power Rankings
Outro.

Intro -

yooo...whats up everybody, its been another weekkk an now were on week 9..should be good. So far, kirks streched his champ run to four..an has erased any doubt that there was of his ability. JTR is steppin up to the plate this week, lookin to dethrone kirk. There was a no show battle..Ram an Babylon..meh, don't really need them anyway. Ryan Hughes no showed..but luckily I put him in a 3 way match purposely cuz I figured he was all talk when he signed back in. Odd, that LFS no showed the contendors, thats unlike him. You guys picked it up on voting an were really gung ho about it early in the week. Then when Sunday strolled aroudn you failed to give much of your time to the saturday battles..like the champ match that only got three votes. But voting is improving..an thats a good sign. Anyway..we'll get onto the mag..N we'll get some more in depth reviews on this week..

Battle Reviews -

HW Match Kirk vs Lay

Well, despite some hype..this ended up being another weak battle produced by the two. Lack of effort, with Lay streched between leagues, an Kirk working 97hours a week..it get pretty hectic. But we DID show..more than I can say for some of you. Both verses had their ups n downs, but the voters came in an overrall felt Kirk was worthy of keepin his title.

Contendors JTR vs LFS

Idk, ..maybe LFS got scared off with flashes of his last loss to JTR, but I was actually expectin this to be a good read. L has been improving, but he ho showed in this one..J dropped a no show verse n took this. Free pass to the HW match, will he take this oppurtunity an run with it?

Flight vs Wordz Ahgod

This was unfortunate on Wordz part, Flights late check gave Word the impression that he was gonna no show, an word posted early an that was his downfall. He posted a no show verse earlier in the week..an Flight came in, saw it what he had to beat an did so comfortably.

Intangible vs LP

This was a let down, L dropped a pretty nice verse thats been up to his standards lately..an he's really been showing he can do damage. L gave Intan plenty of an extension let him drop real late..an all he did was post someone elses work. L woulda took it either way, but he gets the win by default.

Ryan Hughes vs D523 vs Ghostface

Well Ryan no showed..for his second time in this league, I think I may issue a permanant ban..or if he tries an sign up again he will have to have a week of showing he's active with battles, or voting etc. He ho showed,..Ghostface dropped first..it was a weakk attempt, no reall concepts.. He needs some work if he wants to compete in this league..but he voted so he'll stick around. D523 came in an dropped a decent verse..took this one with ease.

Lil Wayne vs C.A.L.I.

This was a controversial battle..Cali came in thinkin it would be easy, an Lil wayne suprised all of us an had about two good lines opposed to Cali's none. Wayne worded his stuff alot better too..an it was obvious Wayne took it...although Cali claimed the Day Trippers had a complete VTL voting scandal..oOooOoOooOoO...
gg..maybe next time. Way to follow through with kirks remark "Either sign out of the league or get laughed out of it faggot".

Ramcees vs Babylon

Ram, has picked up this new no show trend. He did it in LLLjr aswell..so babylon followed in his footsteps,..an this was a dissapointment.

'The Intangible Files'

Well, as we all begin to think Intangible IS elevating in this league, we realize he's a biter..what ashame. Here's the cold hard evidence..

http://www.rapworlds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124384

Catastrophe -
ya lose'n streak? of COURSE IT BEGINS! punches lunge-in ya face, DISTORT'N YA CHIN!!
i'm straight-this-herb's-gay...it's like you "rape-ya-wordplays" by the way ya "FORCE'N 'EM IN"!!!!
get scarred nearly face'n-death, you proved ya place-in-text, so wack I should slap you silly
bad word'n...shitty flow...like "broke grocery scanners", it's "hard to read ya bars clearly

Intangible -
ya lose'n streak? of course it begins! punches lunge-in ya face, distort'n ya chin!
i'm straight-this-herb's-gay...it's like you "rape-ya-wordplays" by the way ya "force'n 'em in
get scarred nearly face'n-death, you proved ya place-in-text, so wack I should slap you silly
bad word'n...shitty flow...like "broke grocery scanners", it's "hard to read ya bars clearly

gg, booted.

Week 9 Top Punches

as chosen by you,..the voters.

He's drunk, so watch the whiskey erupt, as I slap the shit outta this sissy mutt
This bitch been InTan so long I swear this dude has gotta be as crispy as fuck
LP vs Intan

& I don’t care bout the point totals, best believe that I ‘ve desecrated the best
Cuz if your coming with goodwill, It’ll be followed by a premeditated death
LP vs Intan

Cali thinks you're a cheater and dickrider, you need to tell him the facts,
Cause this fag just prefers a man on the inside who can cover his ass,
Kirk vs Lay

Only 14 weeks this season? That's somethin' dumb and that's not as fun,
I expected atleast a week 16.... since you're so used to droppin' um,
Kirk vs Lay

your run was nice though..but its about time someones showed you the door kirk.
kid after this to swallow your pride..you'd have to scavenge whats left off the floor first.
Lay vs Kirk

see you live farrr beyond city limits..but still I'ma make sure you'll be smothered first.
an its not that he lives on the outskirts - its jus that his girl refuses to let him under hers.
Lay vs Kirk

battle me? Son aint even waisting his breath, Im breaking his neck
My balls r RVs pride n joy, his wife just likes the taste of respect
Wordz Ahgod vs Flight

even with a no-show last week, we all know i'm going to take this dude
cause everyone wants to see me spit wordz... and bash, hack and break him too!
Flight vs Wordz Ahgod

GF im lookin at your verse, and im realizin you must've been scared this time
Because ive read it over and over just tryna find ... where did you rhyme?
D523 vs Ghostface

Like shit! I was thinkin, what the Fuck does CALI stand for?
Nothin. He's always sittin his fat ass down waitin to order
Lil Wayne vs C.A.L.I.

Battle Predictions

Kirk vs JTR -
hmm..Kirks been on a roll..an after a no show win last week I think JTR will still be cold an not come with enough heat to take this. Kirk Wins

LP vs D523 -
D dropped pretty decent last week..but L has been consistencly droppin above average..an wit smoothe wording he kinda reminds me of kirk with his style. I see him takin this. LP Wins.

Lay vs YouAndWhatArmy -
Lay's coming off a loss, an Laz from b-boys is a good text battler...this'll prove to be a good matchup. Laz Wins.

Flight vs Lil Wayne -
Wayne showed he can come with some heat last week, but Flight is more consistent an can dropp nice when he puts the effort in. Flight Wins.

LFS vs Ghostface -
Ghostface kinda new to the text battle scene, still tryin to work out his technique..LFS Wins.

Wordz Ahgod vs Birdman -
Idk Birdmans history..but I see word bein more experienced an havin the edge in this one. Wordz Wins.

Power Rankings -

1. Kirk -
Yeah, he's still on top. Consistant an lethal...anyone gonna step up an strip him of the title?

2. JTR -
We all know him by now, arrogant an funny..he's someone you dont' want to be matched up against. Will he take the belt from Kirk this week?

3. Lay -
He's earned his stripes, still workin out his style a bit. Will he bounce back from the loss?

4. LP -
Been droppin nice, gettin his shot at the contendors this week..finally get a chance to prove himself.

5. YouAndWhatArmy -
Laz from b-boys, for those that don't know him, you most likely will after this week. He may jump in the rankings, depending on his verse this week.

Outro -

Well, its been another week. More tha halfway through the season..seen some heads come an go, some ho show..a few leave their mark on the league. VTL is still goin strong in its first season..should be some interesting battles this week. An with some new talent entering the league, things could start heating up. We'll see..enjoy the mag. Pz. Everyone step up an drop ya best..

by : Lay
Old 08-04-08, 12:02 AM   #2
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 2BA6 1F0F

You should try something like having a Weekly Nameplay Competition, which if you win gets you an extra point or something.

You drop some dudes name (not a league battler because it would be wasting nameplays that u could be using in league battles). You drop an outsiders name or just make a name up for each week like "SwiftNigga29" or something. Then each person in the league gets one punch to throw, but it HAS to be a nameplay. Obviously. And obviously, if you drop a nameplay on Monday.. but come Friday you think up a better one you can just replace the previous one with the new one.

I don't know. It just adds something extra to do and its only one bar.
Old 08-04-08, 01:24 AM   #3
Lay.
don't try.

lol..i tried a 1-2 punch weekly thing, whoever had the best punch got to a point..but noone bothered with it..an I jus gave someone to diss..I think it was JTR too. so I scrapped the idea.
Old 08-04-08, 01:34 AM   #4
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 2BA6 1F0F

word, never mind then.
Old 08-04-08, 11:12 AM   #5
LPMNDCTE
New Jack

Text Record: 1-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 15D3 63C9

Good Mag Lay... It really is good to have a great mag cuz it makes people try even harder in the week...

The B.E.S.T. Crew

Old 08-04-08, 11:48 AM   #6
Lay.
don't try.

thanks man, its appreciated to have members in the league that actually try.. lol makes the mag worth doing then.
Old 08-04-08, 11:57 AM   #7
Adam

Text Record: 28-0
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: D088 20AB

Doesn't even mention me in the league.
Old 08-04-08, 11:58 AM   #8
Adam

Or... in the mag*

Fuck, I'm stupid.
Old 08-04-08, 12:04 PM   #9
Lay.
don't try.

haha you signed out, or there would be something to say.
Old 08-04-08, 01:05 PM   #10
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: F540 07B2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Fear
lol..i tried a 1-2 punch weekly thing, whoever had the best punch got to a point..but noone bothered with it..an I jus gave someone to diss..I think it was JTR too. so I scrapped the idea.

lol wait what?

and the graphic thingy for this mag, the reaper, that was DOPE
Old 08-04-08, 02:00 PM   #11
Lay.
don't try.

lol..we did the 1-2 punch..the first week you signed up for the league, an the person to diss was you, noone dropped a punch..excpet kirk the night it was due..so we jus scrapped the idea..yeah I thought it looked sick too.
Old 08-04-08, 03:19 PM   #12
Adam

Quote:
haha you signed out, or there would be something to say.

Could have said I lingered around and kicked ass at it.
Old 08-04-08, 03:46 PM   #13
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: F540 07B2

Quote:
lol..we did the 1-2 punch..the first week you signed up for the league, an the person to diss was you, noone dropped a punch..excpet kirk the night it was due..so we jus scrapped the idea..yeah I thought it looked sick too.

i bet you thought you'd get battle of the week til you realised i just dropped 26 lines of thunder on kirk today , lol if he drops hard then the battle of the week is gonna be a tight one to decide man cuz y'all came dope, word to all the early drops this week, i hope Kirk drops early
Old 08-04-08, 03:47 PM   #14
Lay.
don't try.

you need to sign back in before playoffs so you can be in em Adam..or I'll kill you. Yeah man..lol i dropped early cuz Laz posted fuckin last night..there's atleast 2 good battles this week already. Kirks gonna have to drop pretty nice to top that..
Old 08-04-08, 03:56 PM   #15
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Text Record: 23-0
IP: 9244 687A

^Get on aim, son.

88 miles per hour should do it.