RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-05, 12:19 PM   #1
Bangalore

Text Record: 10-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
Think Your Gonna Make it Without a Backup Plan

IP: CF4E 8780

i recently found out that alot of people don't go to college. this was surprising to me partially because i've been raised in a "college is everything" atmosphere. in a school where 99% of the graduates go on to college i find it hard to not go. i know this is going to sound close minded but i've always associated stability and success with a college degree (2 year 4 year junior college) i'm not downsizing technical colleges either... but do you think a college education is important?

Free Time...

I Live the Lifestyle You Want to Live

Secret Society/Cut Throat

Last edited by Non Capisco : 04-28-05 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-28-05, 12:29 PM   #2
Compose

IP: D5FE 7245

depends what you want to do...

most of the official 9-5 career jobs that you work the rest of your life with...will need a college degree

But i dont want that life...parents say you wont get nowhere and no good job without college. Thats the dumbest thing ever because look at almost all of the parents...they work 9-5 jobs and they hate their jobs right?...and they wasted their life with college instead of going towards their dreams.

Me...im not going to college but i will do whatever it takes to rap

peace
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 04-28-05, 03:15 PM   #3
Bangalore

i understand what your saying but don't you want something to fall back on? no offense to you but for every main streamer/ underground credit out there there is a million more that didn't make it.

Free Time...

Old 04-28-05, 04:35 PM   #4
Compose

IP: D5FE 7245

When youu say "dont you want something to fall back on"...in my eyes "falling back on something" means What if...so if i did do that that would mean What if i dont make it into rap...but thats not me, im going to keep striving until i get there...those million other people that didnt make it or thinking the exact same way you are thinking...they said What if...and got a seperate job to fall back on...and now theyre has beens because they said what if...there is no other job for me...
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 04-28-05, 06:19 PM   #5
Bangalore

or maybe those millions of individuals told themselves "i'm going to make it...i'm different and unique" but in all actuality they are regretting the fact that they didn't get the degree...or maybe they are asking people "would you like fries with that?" were talking about a very small part in an already pretty exclusive pre-set niche... i think it is cool that you follow your dream and hey maybe you may make it...but having a secondary plan would provide a saftey net....just in case ya know?

Free Time...

Old 04-28-05, 06:22 PM   #6
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Text Record: 11-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B525 44D9

im tha same az Compose. and if i dont make it rappin, ima b slangin, n ima b sellin my cds n shit out my trunk, well im not gonna have a car, so ima sell them outta my shoppin cart or sumthin, lol, werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!
Old 04-28-05, 07:04 PM   #8
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 91F7 E22B

its all about difference of opinion really

compose makes his point that he wants to pursue his dream, and first and foremost i would pursue my dream to and stop at nothing to achieve it. but having a safety net to fall back on is definitely something to think about. i mean its all good having drive to get where you wanna be but you have eventually got to face up to the possibility that you won't get there. i mean you wanna pursue rap...you may think you are dope at it and a lot of people may agree with you, but there may be some who don't. and if you made it to the big time on TV people might not like you and you will fall off and never get back. so having a safety net is always something everyone should try and get. me, myself I been to college, i got my degrees in business and graphic design so in actual fact i've got two safety nets. i can pursue a career in business or pursue a career in design.
Old 05-01-05, 12:58 AM   #9
High-Dro
Non-Convicted Rapist

IP: EBC9 87F2

it's true though, times are changing...neither of my parents graduated but my mom makes about 100K a year and my dad makes around 60K....but if i wanted to do the same job as my mom, i would have to go to university for at least 4 years....so, i'm goin to university fa sho...nova scotia has the highest percentage of high school grads to move on to post-secondary schools in canada...at around 40% i think my chem teacher said....

p.s. - my mom is a personal financial planner if u were curious

Send a message via AIM to High-Dro Send a message via MSN to High-Dro   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-05, 01:19 AM   #10
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Text Record: 11-0
IP: B525 44D9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~High-Dro~
it's true though, times are changing...neither of my parents graduated but my mom makes about 100K a year and my dad makes around 60K....but if i wanted to do the same job as my mom, i would have to go to university for at least 4 years....so, i'm goin to university fa sho...nova scotia has the highest percentage of high school grads to move on to post-secondary schools in canada...at around 40% i think my chem teacher said....

p.s. - my mom is a personal financial planner if u were curious

160K?!?!?!?!?!??!?!????????? holy fucking shit, thas like mo then 4 times wut both my parents make put 2getha. give me money or i'll have u swarmed, lol, werd

*edit* i asked, put 2getha my parents make about 30k a year, lol, urs make over 5 times az much az mine do, haha, werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!

Last edited by KOOL COL-B : 05-01-05 at 01:44 AM.
Old 05-01-05, 01:27 AM   #11
morse code
...fuck life.

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 3240 794D

i alsoo will stop at nothign to pursue my dreams, however, im still going to college, its not like i cant still try and pursue my dream while in school, and if that break comes while im in school then college would be in the past, but then at least i wood have sum college experience under my belt, but no matter wut happens to my rap career, my fall back jobs would HAVE to have sumthing to do with music because its literally my life...
Send a message via Yahoo to morse code   Reply With Quote