RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-09, 03:47 PM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

man...screenplay I'm workin on

IP: 19D7 9C0F

based on the work I did with some mentees and their struggles...goal is to write this screen play and have it adapted into a film...don't mind indie...

But...I tell you...I have a greater appreciation for writers (LE)..directors, and movie producers now...huge undertaking...

And, I have NO IDEA how to do it...but Imma delve into it anyway...hopefully God will stir me in the right direction...put the right people, places, and resources in my life to make it happen.

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-09, 11:19 PM   #2
Speats
Hell yeah

Text Record: 10-8
IP: F758 EC49

Is that really the poster%
Send a message via AIM to Speats Send a message via MSN to Speats   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-09, 11:29 PM   #3
Adam

Text Record: 28-0
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 7A2E D565

lol @ the poster..

Not even because it's such a shitty graphic and layout, but the fact that it says "In Theaters"

You crack me up.
Old 11-05-09, 03:48 AM   #4
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: 3AF6 0673

there's nothing wrong with having ambition...but it will be a longshot getting it into theatres though, but at the same time nobody knows what the future holds so anything's possible

just be sure to train yourself to write to deadlines, cos the pros can throw together screenplays in 8 weeks or, in some cases, less
Old 11-05-09, 06:58 AM   #5
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: D8C9 D395

volume2736482 coming soon.
Old 11-05-09, 07:17 AM   #6
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark
there's nothing wrong with having ambition...but it will be a longshot getting it into theatres though, but at the same time nobody knows what the future holds so anything's possible

just be sure to train yourself to write to deadlines, cos the pros can throw together screenplays in 8 weeks or, in some cases, less

Yea...I'm actually deep into the story already...

I got my hands on movie scripts from this web site someone gave me...It's a unique format and a fun process...

BTW...I don't listen to haters who pretend to know the future.

Old 11-05-09, 07:21 AM   #7
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speats
Is that really the poster%

nah...dats somethin I did in Microsoft Word real quick jus for motivation...

Real poster will have that title, but a picture of some of the characters in their actual setting...(an inner city school)

Old 11-05-09, 07:41 AM   #8
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.

Yes you do, you're christian for fuck sakes.
Old 11-05-09, 07:53 AM   #9
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Yes you do, you're christian for fuck sakes.

well praise the Lord...at least you acknowledged me as a Christian and not a *#*^#*#%%_______________ fill in the blank.

Anyway...you be blessed man. I know I am!

Old 11-05-09, 10:14 AM   #10
Dabatos
C.hristopher S.ean D.abatos

IP: F499 B9F8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
lol @ the poster..

Not even because it's such a shitty graphic and layout, but the fact that it says "In Theaters"

You crack me up.

Dang man, its pretty sad you hate because hes actually doing something with his skill. While hes doing something worth doing, your just talking crap like you always do. Please grow up.

www.FG-Servers.com

Send a message via AIM to Dabatos   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-09, 10:18 AM   #11
Dabatos

Oh yeah homie if you need some pointers hit me up. I was trying to be a writer for television show a few years back. Even almost got into cal-arts (California Institute of the Arts.) Ivy League art school but couldn't get the funds to attend . My uncle told me whenever I finish my first draft of my book or idea of a television show with a script, He would introduce me to Mel Gibson in Valencia, Ca. But things happened and now I'm using my skill for writing sermons and bible studies lol. If you need help or want me to check out your work hit me up bro. You just reminded me how much I loved writing stories. I'll msg you the link later to the rough draft I had.

www.FG-Servers.com

Old 11-05-09, 11:03 AM   #12
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabatos
Oh yeah homie if you need some pointers hit me up. I was trying to be a writer for television show a few years back. Even almost got into cal-arts (California Institute of the Arts.) Ivy League art school but couldn't get the funds to attend . My uncle told me whenever I finish my first draft of my book or idea of a television show with a script, He would introduce me to Mel Gibson in Valencia, Ca. But things happened and now I'm using my skill for writing sermons and bible studies lol. If you need help or want me to check out your work hit me up bro. You just reminded me how much I loved writing stories. I'll msg you the link later to the rough draft I had.

No doubt man...preciate it...I'd aways wanted to write a book...But, every time I started, I lost interest in the story-line and nixed the project. That happened about 3 times. This idea came to me in the form of a dream...I do believe God gave me this vision. So, I read some movie scripts--e.g., Pineapple Express, Beetle Juice, among others--and started writing mine.

Just 2 days in, I already have 20 pages written. It's an interesting process...

But, I will DEF. hit you up if I need more pointers on it...

Old 11-05-09, 11:58 AM   #13
Dabatos

fa sho bro!! Nice 20 pages? thats good man. Yeah writing scripts is way different from writing books lol. It's interesting how the scripts go right? lol. Its fun to free write as you write the story, but for me, it would be 1000x to write a story line first than edit it as you go. Makes it a lot more easier, and you can add anything to the story line later on. Best of luck on that homie

www.FG-Servers.com

Old 11-05-09, 02:45 PM   #14
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabatos

Hahaha... few days ago you were boasting about making 200k a year and being able to do anything you wanted.

You're such a hack.

Also, I'm not talking shit, I'm just being realistic. Truth hurts.
Old 11-05-09, 05:34 PM   #15
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: 0553 F80F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
Yea...I'm actually deep into the story already...

I got my hands on movie scripts from this web site someone gave me...It's a unique format and a fun process...

yeah it is an interesting hobby, i had to write a screenplay when i was studying film a few years ago...also don't forget you need to limit your screenplay to a hundred n something pages (i think it was about 100-115, don't quote me on that one though) or the people that matter may not even read it.