RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-07, 08:37 AM   #1
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

Text Record: 3-3
"Gangster"

IP: E0AB 4BA8

Ok, so you gangsta huh? Word?

Well, i doubt it.

Oh and before you get it all twisted im talking more on the lines of New York ish since thats where im at but

First of all, just because your black, doesnt mean your gangster, and just because your white and listen to 50 cent, doesnt mean it either sorry.

The first actual "Gangsters" as we to this day know them, were the Italians, but before than, im sure we all saw Gangs Of New York, some fact, some fiction. But The Dead Rabbits were a gang in New York City in the 1850s originally part of the Roache Guards. The gang achieved great renown for their organization and prowess as thieves and thugs. The fighting uniform of the Roache Guards was a blue stripe on their pantaloons, while the Dead Rabbits adopted a red stripe. In riots their emblem was a dead rabbit impaled on a spike. The Rabbits and the Guards swore undying enmity and constantly fought each other at the Five Points, but in the rows with the water-front and Bowery Boys they made common cause against the enemy, as did other Five Points gangs including the Shirt Tails and Chichesters. This is partially where this fucking "epidemic" arised from.

Me? Im no gangster, i have to much heart for that, i cant kill someone, unless its self defense, i dont sell drugs because im smarter than that, i can make more workin hard for 10 years than i can make stuck in a fuckin cell for 10 years.

But to recent day, anyone who thinks they can rap, spits about guns and drugs thinks that they are, your not, clothes doesnt define it, the way you talk, none of that shit, just be humble.

Obviously going to be some haters but thats life, i can take critism and hate better than they can take me laughin in their face because i dont give a fuck

Lifes to short for small shit, talk is cheap, yeah i could give a mean grill to everyone i meet and be an asshole like half the population of the world but shit lifes hard enough im just tryna get by'

but, DONT FRONT

-My $0.02

Oh n excuse the ADHD

But most importantly, DO YOU, if you dont smoke weed dont be talkin like you do in ya raps, and if you dont bust guns, than fine, dont rap about it, sometimes i catch myself doin it to, ill think of real sick line but it doesnt have its part with me so i dont use it, thats bein fake, so word ima stop addin shit lol

Last edited by Aurora Sky : 03-02-07 at 08:45 AM.
Old 03-02-07, 10:17 AM   #2
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 2143 04F1

Word, I feel you.
No one should actually "try" to be gangsta.
For some, just the way they respond to things and handle situations make them "gangsta" ya dig?
Some people dont try to be gangsta, but are very gangsta and they know it. They acknowledge it by always statin "Im a G" haha
People often say the real G's are dead or in Jail. Thats only partially true. There are alot of real G's out here on the streets. They just havent been killed or been caught by the hook yet. Alot of them will, BUT some of them wont.
Hopefully Im one of the people that wont be killed or locked up. BANG!

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 10:28 AM   #3
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

^- Yeah shits true but some just say it like they are trying to speak it into being or somethin, i see through all that shit, im not saying a real g cant come to rapverse but the majority that say they are aint, to be fair ill even say half instead of the majority but we all know thats pushin it.. ya kno
Old 03-02-07, 10:38 AM   #4
Zone Out
Power Hungry

You was right @ majority.
Alot of the kids that be talkin tough dont even live 100 miles of an urban area.
Im not sayin living in an urban area automatically makes you tough, but kids that were born and raised in an urban environment are just built differently than kids raised in a suburban area.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Old 03-02-07, 10:45 AM   #5
Mayne Event
Flyweight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 213D E6DB

suburban gangsters yo...

^^ the class of almost all "gangsters" now a days... I feel you on it.. because really... Ive dont it before, ive made almost a whole cd, started recording it, and completely scrapped it because I was like hold up... I dont touch guns, I have no need. Drugs are like 50 / 50 but Im not a massive coke dealer or anything... I just havent bothered writing anything else yet, im just letting those thoughts n stuff die outta my system so I can actually write..
Old 03-02-07, 10:49 AM   #6
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

^- Yeah i hear that, its a broke thing, im white, from New York, not the city though, i live in a town with a bunch of mixed people, im an hour from the city so we have a good mixture of people that take the train up from there for work n shit, its a small town, broke, i live in this placed called "High meadows" on top of a mountain this lil ghetto as trailor park, and yeah it is ghetto, not an old folks place, mainly poor people, i dont care, i rep my shit still im proud no shame cuz shit, cuz im going be out this bitch soon but regardless, its a broke thing, when you broke life aint easy, you fight for shit, to get shit or to defend your own shit, thats what it boils down to, either someone fuckin with you for your gear, your house whatever, all that talk, and the fights from it make you harder is time goes, so yeah im tough, but its not like im like yeah son ima debo your shit, im chill, i protect my shit but dont start shit, thats real
Old 03-02-07, 10:51 AM   #7
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayne Event
suburban gangsters yo...

^^ the class of almost all "gangsters" now a days... I feel you on it.. because really... Ive dont it before, ive made almost a whole cd, started recording it, and completely scrapped it because I was like hold up... I dont touch guns, I have no need. Drugs are like 50 / 50 but Im not a massive coke dealer or anything... I just havent bothered writing anything else yet, im just letting those thoughts n stuff die outta my system so I can actually write..

Yeah man, detox that shit lol, na i hear you though its the growth of being an artist and lettin yourself expand from the 'protocol' ya kno?
Old 03-02-07, 10:58 AM   #8
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

Dont get it twisted though im not that poor, lol, we got two nice cars in the driveway and the house is pretty decent, not all nasty n shit but times is tough, my dads just a carpenter and my moms a nurse, you know 100k house income on some middle class shit, id love to be some rich white boy from the burbs got i got dealt a diff hand, n that 100k is rounded up bout 20k
Old 03-02-07, 11:48 AM   #9
Mayne Event
Flyweight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 213D E6DB

www.sourcekey.com

try that out haha just watch the video if you can find it on there.. it just seems so scripted and gay....

but i know wat ur sayin bout ur house n stuff.... I just bought myself my own car.. well Ford Escape... but really.. i worked my ass off for it.. and its a sweetass ride... but i appreciate it more because my work paid for it..
Old 03-02-07, 01:05 PM   #11
Zone Out
Power Hungry

If you're raised around an area with a high crime rate and drug dealers and killers, it dont matter if you have a weak mind or not. You will have all of that embedded into you. Its not changing to become them, its becoming them, period. Not literally becoming them, but just knowing it in your mind. Some people embrace that lifestyle, some people dont. The ones that embrace usually becomes the people commitin the crimes and dealin the drugs. The people that dont embrace it are usually the ones that make it out the hood. But even still, just because you make it out the hood and try to lead a good life you will always have that hoddness in you, ya dig?

and the same thing goes vice versa.
If you're raised in the suburbs around grannies plantin flowers and ice cream men smiling and police officers actually helping you and not beatin your ass. And talkin your problems out then you move to the hood, that wont make you hood, because you still have that suburban mentality. YOU FEEL ME?! DO SOMEBODY FEEL ME!?

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Old 03-02-07, 01:13 PM   #12
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 5006 8890

well i happen to rap...

and never have i said i was a gangsta...

and i never will
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 01:31 PM   #13
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

Yeah zone right, kinda like how you cant teach an old dog new tricks, growin up around shit almost sets you in your ways, but not always, like where i live has alot of drugs, there are a few old heads pitchin crack but thats only a lil bit and its not talked about as much as everything else, alot alot of coke being sold around here but mainly weed, crime isnt bad here, we had like 1 shooting in the last 2 years, where someone died anyway, mostly robbery, assault, vandilism and drugs, oh and like 3 yrs ago the "town bank" got robbed, funniest shit ever, 2 dumb fuck robbers got lost on a dirt road and got busted
Old 03-02-07, 02:06 PM   #14
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: D22F CD29

if your not in a real gang, your not a gangster.

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 02:14 PM   #15
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

^- Rofl, son

Being in a gang dont make you a gangster

Thats like saying you gangsta by affiliation

but than again if being in a gang dont make you gangster, what does?