RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Got Skillz - Summer 2004
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who won this battle?
CarsonJetx2 2 33.33%
Calamity 4 66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-04, 05:44 AM   #1
Phenom-in-all
Vendetta the K.O. King

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 19-4
Graphics Record: 0-0
CarsonJetx2 vs. Calamity

IP: 78D8 9CA9

RULES
-Matchups posted Monday (even though ya'll already know this week)
-check in by Wednesday
-Drop by Friday
-Votes Saturday/Sunday
-repost new matchups Monday (recycle)
(all times are midnight central)
-must vote in at least 2 battles per round or you lose 5 votes. (Basically a loss, unless you can earn 10 votes, before the opponent)

-1-3 minutes (INCLUDING intro, outro, etc) - this will increase every round
-no d/r
-no crew
-5 votes to win, or whoever is leading by end of Sunday. (If a tie, me/Carson/SevenThird decide who won by re-voting ourselves)
-If you don't like the rules - I believe Premanition is the next replacement willing to take your spot.
Calamity Wins By a Vote of 4-2

Same Page Productions

Last edited by SevenThird : 08-02-04 at 03:08 AM.
Send a message via AIM to Phenom-in-all Send a message via MSN to Phenom-in-all  
Old 07-26-04, 11:12 AM   #2
Ca'lam
The Light

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 7-0
IP: BBE3 5651

Check...

Proud OYD member again . <------- That is whassup

Old 07-26-04, 11:15 AM   #3
The Jett
Im Short.Ur Fat.He's Gay.

Text Record: 48-16
Audio Record: 17-11
IP: 85C0 F54B

Check'd In -1
Send a message via AIM to The Jett Send a message via MSN to The Jett  
Old 07-27-04, 05:22 PM   #4
The Jett
Im Short.Ur Fat.He's Gay.

Text Record: 48-16
Audio Record: 17-11
IP: 8242 042D

Send a message via AIM to The Jett Send a message via MSN to The Jett  
Old 07-30-04, 10:46 PM   #5
Ca'lam
The Light

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 7-0
IP: E2AB 896F

Scratch what i posted in the other thread.. i baught a temporary mic to get me by.. Had to freestyle this so excuse the millisecond pauses lmao..
Shouled be up in a few minutes....

Proud OYD member again . <------- That is whassup

Old 07-30-04, 11:10 PM   #6
Crossword
yawn

IP: 06D4 9403

i am keeping this short cause i don think there is a reason to break this battle down

Carson.
Flow was on, and you rode the beat well.
Punches, very nice.
Quality, good.

Calamity
Flow, best part of the track, and was only alright.
punches... Kid you said 'I tried to call your punchlines, but it was busy'? Thats kind of helping him...but anyways... They were... alright.
Quality... Eww...plain disgusting eww...Worse then mine haha

V/ Carson.

do your research.

Send a message via AIM to Crossword Send a message via Yahoo to Crossword  
Old 07-31-04, 04:15 AM   #7
Know-Gimix
The Ups and Downs of Life

Audio Record: 9-1
IP: D666 F54C

Decent drop from both of you--- wanna hear it here it goes.

Carson-- You came as I suspected you would, but maaan-- you went back to those stupid fuckin voice effects and you layed it on thick in this one-- That was kind of a dissapointment because it sounded like you were movin away from that in ur last couple audios-- Flow was good, decent punches you got a decent delivery I just wish you would stop fuckin with your voice so much because it makes it alot harder for the listener to decypher -- 7.0/10

Calamity- You surprised the shit out of me-- I think this was a major upset here, Your emotion improved dramatically since the last audio I heard from you- You picked up your mic prescence and your flow was correct- It was much easier to understand your verse- It didn't sound like a freestyle at some points though (sounded like you were readin a couple lines)- and I think your production quality lacks when compared to Carson's but in terms of delivery, punches, and overall enjoyment I give this one to you--- 7.5/10
Old 07-31-04, 04:59 AM   #8
Phenom-in-all
Vendetta the K.O. King

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 19-4
IP: 78D8 9CA9

Carson - exactly what Seven said - you went back to mr. robotic... I dunno. Flow was on as usual - thats mos def a strength. Punches were good, and personals were all over. This was pretty good - just not very enjoyable to listen to. Intro was good - not too long (like mine for Delinquent lol) but just right. Beat was original, but I wasn't fond of it. 6.5/10

Calamity - wow... Your quality is as bad as mine except - you dont keep your levels even. Your vol went UP and down all over. Sounded like you stumbled on your freestyle a bit, but seemed aight to me. Punches were funny too - thats key. 6/10

Even with the wack robot sound - Carson came off better all around, although agreein with 7/3, Calamity came hella strong on this one. 300% improvement.... but still got to give this one to Carson.

Same Page Productions
Send a message via AIM to Phenom-in-all Send a message via MSN to Phenom-in-all  
Old 07-31-04, 06:42 AM   #9
Kingz
Street Royal-T

Text Record: 23-5
Audio Record: 4-1
IP: 0EAE B57B

Carson - your flow was tight as fuck (as usual) but those voice affect ruined it, some are tight but you got too many. half of my wants to give you props cause its original but half of me thinks that some need to go. but think u could go far in this tournament. jus try less affects in the next round if you make it.

Calamity - damn emotional and flow was hella hot. production was kinda wack and so was quality but if you had betta equipment then it it would be tight

i gotta give this to calamity i was feelin his shit it was like a proper diss track, if he had the same equipment as carson then i think he wud of cleaned house. but wot he bought to the table suprised all of us and its great to see people suprise and step-up they're game for the tournament.

way to rep the tourny calamity!

vote calamity

Old 07-31-04, 04:57 PM   #10
The Wig
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 62EA 10BE

Carson: Man, I'm telling you, turn up the mic volume a bit to where it's over the beat. If you're using Cool Edit or Adobe Audition it's extremely simple. The effects took away from the overall song. I hate voting on a battle when I can't really understand what you're saying because you might have had some sick punches in there. All I can really say is the flow and delivery rocked it out.

Calamity: I was feeling it more than Carson's simply because I understood you, but like another person said, it didn't sound like it was freestyled. Most of the time people put "I freed it" because if their lyrics suck dick, they have an excuse, right? Anyway, I'm gonna give this one to you simply because I heard what you were saying, and felt it. Not as good of flow as Carson, but you still got it.
Old 08-01-04, 04:28 PM   #11
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP: 19F7 7629

I think the only thing wrong with calamity's verse was his vocals. They kept on going in and out like he was rocking his head too much to a still mic. If you coulda just stayed still, you probably would have killed it, but now I have to actually factor in Carson's verse.

Carson was OK, but I hate how he has that voice, just irks the shit outta me. Flow was pretty god and punches weren't bad. His verse just wasn't enjoyable to me....

Vote - Calamity
Old 08-02-04, 03:07 AM   #12
Know-Gimix
The Ups and Downs of Life

Audio Record: 9-1
IP: D666 F54C

Closed
Calamity wins 4-2

Congratulations on the upset.