RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Fresh From The Lab > New Release Songs > Rapverse Radio > Commercial Break
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-06, 12:49 AM   #16
K.ontroverz.Y
I Smacc Booty Emcee's

IP: 0775 E664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca'lam
word i seen one of them jigs. its a good card. but it dont have phantom power on it i dont think. which means you need to cop a preamp also :-/,.... your better off coppin a MXL 990 with a 100 dolla preamp.. could run you around 170

Yeah bro. 170 not bad. Like i have LOTS of money like GRANDS. im just trying to make my purchase worth it. you know what i mean? tired of this computer Bs. But Calam what i really want to know is. Alright for the studio's. you usally don't record on the computer. So what setup would you have to get too record in a booth without the computer right beside you. Ya dig what im sayin?

K.ontroverz.Y
..Audio King Of Rv..

A.uthentik I.ntelligence
..Forever..

Send a message via AIM to K.ontroverz.Y Send a message via MSN to K.ontroverz.Y   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-06, 12:58 AM   #17
Ca'lam
The Light

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 7-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: C3EB D97D

dont be son. the computer is where its at now. ALOT of studios use computers for the recording and shit.

see for a home studio, all you need is the mic, monitors, booth mixer/interface. and acomputer. you can get some REALLY really nice quality, like real cd quality with the right mixing skills and mastering skills.

keep the computer in the mix yo. thats why they make mic chords so long.

my suggestion to you, since you have the cake. im being real here.

for the quality you look for. its gonna run you about 500-1,000. I could have REALLY good quality. I just lack a quiet place to record, i lack a good prrogram to mix with and i lack Good cables and cords and shit.

my suggestion is to fuck with a AKG (reasonable priced one for the quality is like 199) .. a Groove Tube.. a Rode (what i use).. and some other mics are quite decent..

right now, if your mixer has phantom power. your set. just Build you a booth out of wood, and put studio foam in it. cut a TINY hole for the cords to come out and you set. Cop a Good condensor. I recomend a Rode NT1-a or a AKG 2000 or 3000. i forget but they both go for 199 and they are GREAT for the price.

get at me man. i got the knoledge i just lack the cake haha

Proud OYD member again . <------- That is whassup
Old 07-30-06, 01:04 AM   #18
K.ontroverz.Y
I Smacc Booty Emcee's

thats whats up ^

word alright i'm going to look into that. So the wood. Damn i have to talk to my parents about that wood tip. Thats cool. So having the wood i wouldn't need To build the studio with soundproof walls? or. IS THAT the soundproof walls? and alright the computer i'll keep but it'll need to be a few feet away. cause my computer makes some shaky noise and shit.

On the mic tip. So i should get a AKG with a pop filter and phantom power? that would make the quality above decent right? so that should run me about 3 bills thats cool. not too expensive. or is there anything else i need? and the preamp. what does it connect too? is there a wire you need to buy to connect it to the computer? And what would i have to do to edit the quality? cause right now on C.E i do a WHOLE bunch of shit to make my quality better. so if i had a better microphone i wouldnt have to do edit anything? or would i still have to touch up on the quality?

AND once i get this shit set up. me and you have to lay down some SERIOUS tracks. you know what im saying bro?

K.ontroverz.Y
..Audio King Of Rv..

A.uthentik I.ntelligence
..Forever..

Send a message via AIM to K.ontroverz.Y Send a message via MSN to K.ontroverz.Y   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-06, 01:15 AM   #19
Ca'lam
The Light

yea. the boof is just to spit in. like, for real, you could have some carpenter build you one for hella cheap. all it is is a Big wood box. some thing you can stand comfortable in and spit. i wanna say, the size of maybe a REALLY big fridge. theres directions all oer the internet for building one. you dont really need em, but if you wanted guidlines they good for that. and inside that box, you woul dhave foam coverin every where inside so its sound proof and there are no echos. its ghetto, but it works really good. my friend uses one out in cali. it might get hot in there tho, so dont be in there to long or you gon sweat haha.

and about that computer thing. it wont matter, in the booth you wont hear the cpu. thats the booths purpose. and you can have the cpu as far as you want. jsut buy long mic cables yo.

as far as the whole phantom ower thing and preamp shit goes.. See with the soundcard you have, yours dont have phantom power in it. which is bad, cause you have to buy more shit to compensate for that. if you want a good mic (condensor mic) you need a preamp that has phantom power in it (most of them do). so what you would do, is run the mic cable into the preamp that has phantom power, and run the preamp to you soundcard. its easier that it sounds tho. so in all all you need to cop is a preamp and a mic and you set for right now.

as far as what you will have to do to your quality. you'll still have to mix it and shit. everyone does, unless you have like a top of the line mic (which not to many home studios have). shit i do to my vocals are more for effect than quality. if i just recorded my shit and mixed down, my shit wouldnt sound near as crsip. it wouldnt sound bad by any means, but it wouldnt be like it is now.

and of course you'll need to learn how to EQ. <-- a very important part of makin ya shit sound listenable.

Old 07-30-06, 01:19 AM   #20
Ca'lam
The Light

an word about collabing yo. i just hope i have my equipent with me at school ya dig ?

Old 07-30-06, 01:19 AM   #21
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: B8B4 D1AE

i got an MXL 990 with a Soundblaster X-Fi something soundcard and i record in my closet next to me neckties.....my next step up is an AKG....or Audio Technica
Old 07-30-06, 01:21 AM   #22
K.ontroverz.Y
I Smacc Booty Emcee's

yeah i know how to EQ that shits simple. Thanks bro i appreciate. it. Thats all i really needed to know as of now. Damn homie i remember when you was hoops. A text nucca like me and we ran that crew. Now look at us. on too bigger and better thangs. your going to college. Im on full scholarship for track. Dayum nice to see your doing your thang keep at it bro. and keep spittin that fire. if you ever create a mixtape i want a copy

K.ontroverz.Y
..Audio King Of Rv..

A.uthentik I.ntelligence
..Forever..

Old 07-30-06, 01:26 AM   #23
Ca'lam
The Light

word. them was the days yo. ^

haha, 2 years yo

Old 07-30-06, 01:30 AM   #24
K.ontroverz.Y
I Smacc Booty Emcee's

lol i know what crew was we in together HWCS?

K.ontroverz.Y
..Audio King Of Rv..

A.uthentik I.ntelligence
..Forever..

Old 07-30-06, 01:34 AM   #25
Ca'lam
The Light

yep. sick ass crew. we was ill . cept poison/prolix bit in a battle against me LOL

Old 07-30-06, 01:36 AM   #26
K.ontroverz.Y
I Smacc Booty Emcee's

lol yeah yo we was the strongest crew. Everybody still remembers hwcs lol damn those were those days. when i was good at text n wack at audio. now im cool at audio n wack at text lmfao and yeah i remember that prolix business

K.ontroverz.Y
..Audio King Of Rv..

A.uthentik I.ntelligence
..Forever..

Old 07-30-06, 01:51 AM   #27
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: B8B4 D1AE

sexyback......justin timberlake.....
Old 07-30-06, 02:24 PM   #28
FH
New to RV

IP: 369D BAF4

with cpu away from booth... it'd be hard to press record lol.
Old 07-30-06, 02:29 PM   #29
K.ontroverz.Y
I Smacc Booty Emcee's

yeah you know i was kind of thinking i can have a big stick and i can reach over n press record. LMFAO naww i could press record. and walk over to the booth and just trim out the part where im walking back to the booth

K.ontroverz.Y
..Audio King Of Rv..

A.uthentik I.ntelligence
..Forever..

Old 07-30-06, 02:33 PM   #30
[.:D:.]
Deadly

Text Record: 7-2
Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 1399 38A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca'lam
word i seen one of them jigs. its a good card. but it dont have phantom power on it i dont think. which means you need to cop a preamp also :-/,.... your better off coppin a MXL 990 with a 100 dolla preamp.. could run you around 170

yea u kno thats the same thing i got..only wit me i just gotta start mixin betta i been lazy as shit lol..but yea dont get that Samson shit..=\..cause its shit..why you gonna get a mic that goes into ya usb and u said u paid 370 for a soundcard =\..for starters if u hop on the MXL it should be good casue of the soundcard..then the pre amp and shit..but yea a quiet place to lay down ya tracks and u straight..

[.Diabolic:.]
Send a message via AIM to [.:D:.]   Reply With Quote