RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Provocative Thoughts
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-06, 09:00 PM   #1
~Luciano~
~Break Bred or Play Dead~

Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 3C62 382D

Ok first and foremost welcome to Provocative Thoughts, RV's one and only topical league. And yes, it is dope as fuck, you are free to bow down before me and Troop if you wish

Alright this is the rules thread and this is what you ned to follow every week when you battle. If you don't agree with some of the rules, then pm me your complaints and I'll see what I can do. Here are the rules:

1) This is a 10 week season, that means at the end of 10 wins the playoffs will start and the road to the championships will begin. Seeing as this is a permanant league the next season will start relatively soon after the last one ended, maintaining a high level of consistency.

2) You must post at LEAST 16 lines when you drop, this is really the bare minumum when it comes to good OM's. There is no maximum line limit but try and keep it under 40 lines so more people will vote on the battle. Also, try and keep it a similar length to your opponent so it's more fair, but this 'fairness' rule is not a necessity.

3) No recycling or biting is allowed in this league. If you are found doing this you will be DQ'd from your battle and will be kicked from the league. The usual rules of dickriding and swaying apply: Swaying=DQ, Dickriding=kicked from the league. Don't like it? Then fuck off because cheating is for faggots and you shouldn't be doing it.

4) If you want to help write the mag or be interviewed for it then let me know, I'm on MSN and AIM quite often and my address for both is under my username. Similarly if you have any suggestions or comments that can help improve the league then again pm me or hit me up via ims, I would really appreciate your feedback.

5) Topic choices will be posted in your battles and you can write to your own one. Before I had it so you had to agree but due to a number of complaints I changed it. You MAY use a picture to help you write, in fact it is recommended you do this. You must choose a topic from the list though.

6) Provocative Thoughts is for all ability levels, except the ridicolously wack. If I see you dropping lines like 'Yo all my niggaz kill the bloodz/Murder police and runnin the the hoodz/' I WILL kick you for disgracing the league. But if you're geniounly interested in writing OM's and want to elevate this league is for you. But I will warn you there is a very high standard of quality in this league, and if you suck then you WILL get whored.

7) There is now only one belt, the Heavyweight belt. This is because there isn't enough people in the league to have two. The same rules apply, the people who drop dopest will get the title shots.

8) You can sign in and out as you please and when you sign back in you'll still have the same record as last time. Again this will make you take every battle seriously and elevate the level of your writing.

9) Anything you drop in this league can be posted in the OM forum and on other message boards so you get more feedback. In fact if you're particularly proud of what you've written I recommend you do this, just so you know how you've done and how to improve.

10) You have to vote on 3 battles and edit the links into your check in, otherwise I'll deduct votes for every missing link. If you're the type of person who goes round voting on loads of things and I know this then you don't have to post a link. Similarly if you've geniounly forgotten to post links and have actually voted, and I still deduct votes, then pm me and I'll change it. Don't be niggardly on your voting, give everyone feedback just as you would expect to have given to you. What goes around comes around, if you vote loads more people will be inclined to give you feedback on your drops. And you must do at least 4 or 5 lines commenting on each persons drop in your vote, don't post shit like 'Writer X won because he dropped doper.' If you do this I will deduct votes on your battle and continous wack voting will see you kicked from the league.

Thank you for reading and please do your best to follow the rules and make this league dope. Peace!

~~Bumpin My Musik~~
~Audio Rookie Of The Year..Ya Tha Real 1~

Last edited by Appocolyptik : 07-06-06 at 05:36 AM.
Send a message via AIM to ~Luciano~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Luciano~