RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Audio Assistance
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-06, 07:22 PM   #61
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 7A32 88DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca'lam
haha.. i remember this. triple did me like 2 years ago.

most my joint arent full songs. more like verses that i lost interest in the song...

but you'll get my style without a whole song.

www.soundclick.com/pheenix

Pocket Change
Can you Help me Sample (sample)
My Civil War(sample) and/or When Pigs Fly(first verse to a join im working on)

they should all be at the top

i dont have many full joints. workin on that.

Ca'lam, damn it's been a minute. Your vocals are clear, your reverb is a little too high on that pocket change on the verses, its lifting you from the beat a little too much. Seems to be a preset for you cuz it's the same on all these tracks. You'd gain a whole lot of body in your vocals if you EQ'd your lows and mids more for your verses. Your preset for the hooks (being that there's a lot of singing) is on point. Your lyrics still tak a concious effort to make out due to the EQing as mentioned before, turnign dow nthe reverb and bringing up the mids and lows would completely turn that around. You have the makings of a real harmonic hip hop type seeing that you sing, it's to some extent liek a smooth jazz type of hip hop, and I can easily visualize someone playing through a CD of yours at a contemporary art show or say ...a wedding and in places that people are in a hip hop type of cultural vibe but normally wouldn't play hip hop at all you'd get spins there. Matter fact, I can think of more than a few art shows my brother's put on that I could se this playing at and people going 'damn..who's this?". The phase pan on When pigs fly is too overt from ear to ear, you'd want it a little more subtle on that synth so people slightly hear it, so it doesnt' become an effort on their ears after a whole song worth of wah-wah-wah-wah-wah-wah-wah back and fourth. Or another alternative is that when the synth first hits, have it start in one ear and slowly pan to the other as the tone progresses, then on the next, fades back in the other direction and so on.

One thing that I noticed is that even after listening and analyzing the songs, with the exception of Pocket Change I'm really not sure what your topics are. I think you'd aboslutely explode if you did visionary type tracks or more conceptual tracks where you're speaking to someone specific or about something specific. I don't often say this, but I think you and a professional conceptual song writer would have the makings of a run away music career. The right A&R would would fall out his seat laughin if your CD slid across his desk cuz he'd see how to align the pieces and make you a household name on tour with Jill Scott and Flowetry, and doing collabs with Maxwell and D'Angelo and a Mos Def cameo. You have some "lyrical" tracks and some collabs on your page, but I'm tellin ya man, lol don't even waste your time with that man that's way beneath what you can do, and after some massaging on your vocals, playing to your strengths and aiming at the right crowd would pay off for you BIG TIME. And I mean BIG TIME.

Your target audience is mature adults that are older and wiser now, and beyond the "rap" phase but still got that culture in em and just want to listen to something smoother. I can see this playing in the Caddy easily, like the sound track to unwind to. This is that plush leather seat music, ya feel? It's music for the grown. music for the trendy, the new young contemporary corporate america with fat pockets music.

Apexx

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-06, 07:27 PM   #62
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 7A32 88DD

DV
Ike (as IBM)
Daubs
Key (yo key, pick 3 tracks off your page chief!)

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-06, 10:33 PM   #63
Tar Heel
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: AC3C 7C2E

long time no see pawtna,

just lookin for a new name and the critique wouldnt hurt either

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/tarheel704

Tracks- Real Shit, Im A Rapper, and Makin It
Old 07-20-06, 12:18 AM   #64
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP: 53E0 C8C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
Enyg, you rush shit in your flow at times it's always a loose sylable here and there that make your flow sound stuffed together and othe times it's just gaps like you don't flow all the way to the end of the bar so it doesn't "lock" which makes you sound unpolished. Easily corrected with word conservation. You remind me of Megala of Cannibal Ox in some regards. Your flow is consistent but also redundant at times since your spit tempo is the same on pretty much everything cept on that "almight oyd" track it sounded like you put something different into it to match everyone elses tempo. Who ever did the hook on that song was way off beat, speaking beyond the bar end and the reverb made it sound worse. Actually, now that I listen to you on the second hook, its' the beat that comes back in too soon, it should have stlled for a little bit longer. You went back to your typical flow by the time the second verse started.

I'd say all in all you sound like a "close" emcee, as in you're closed to a finished product but the shortcomings that you hear in your self i also hear. It's mostly in flow like talking at one pace then rushing a part of a sentence to get more sylables in, thne going back to the normal tempo agian all in the same sentence is a no-no. Iron that out and I think you'd be pretty well off. Your beat choices are slow tempo usually more abstract underground type of sound which some people aboslutely love and other people couldn't care less for, so be mindfull of that.

And that's pretty much it.

Uno

Word....I appreciate it. I was wondering when someone was going to tell me about all those little things I hear...lol. Sometimes I'll just put a track up to see if anyone else hears the little shit that I do......

Good Looks though.....definitely appreciated
Old 07-20-06, 01:47 AM   #65
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 1-1
IP: FEAC 2479

click da siggy... I'm Here Now Remixed...lol... there's definitel;y a diff between this and the old one... peep 'em both (I'm Here Now... it's near the bottom) to see what i mean...
Four Minutes... it's on my MySpace account ... which is also in my sig! easy

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"

Last edited by I.G. : 07-20-06 at 01:50 AM.
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-06, 11:28 AM   #66
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: 3D3C 291C

Another random thing, Hype, f*** Blair.

There my 3 tracks for you to look at.

Cheers.
Old 07-20-06, 02:51 PM   #67
Key...
You Love My Style.

Text Record: 19-2
Audio Record: 11-2
IP: 0B2B E24E

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pag...m?bandID=193936

3 trackz:

1-Sometimes I Feel feat Q & Duece
2-The Circle
3-Never Cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Theresa
"Hi Key, You The Only Guy Who Took My Virginity."

Authentik Intelligence
O. Y. D.

Old 07-20-06, 03:02 PM   #68
Ca'lam
The Light

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 7-0
IP: 2603 E5BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
Ca'lam, damn it's been a minute. Your vocals are clear, your reverb is a little too high on that pocket change on the verses, its lifting you from the beat a little too much. Seems to be a preset for you cuz it's the same on all these tracks. You'd gain a whole lot of body in your vocals if you EQ'd your lows and mids more for your verses. Your preset for the hooks (being that there's a lot of singing) is on point. Your lyrics still tak a concious effort to make out due to the EQing as mentioned before, turnign dow nthe reverb and bringing up the mids and lows would completely turn that around. You have the makings of a real harmonic hip hop type seeing that you sing, it's to some extent liek a smooth jazz type of hip hop, and I can easily visualize someone playing through a CD of yours at a contemporary art show or say ...a wedding and in places that people are in a hip hop type of cultural vibe but normally wouldn't play hip hop at all you'd get spins there. Matter fact, I can think of more than a few art shows my brother's put on that I could se this playing at and people going 'damn..who's this?". The phase pan on When pigs fly is too overt from ear to ear, you'd want it a little more subtle on that synth so people slightly hear it, so it doesnt' become an effort on their ears after a whole song worth of wah-wah-wah-wah-wah-wah-wah back and fourth. Or another alternative is that when the synth first hits, have it start in one ear and slowly pan to the other as the tone progresses, then on the next, fades back in the other direction and so on.

One thing that I noticed is that even after listening and analyzing the songs, with the exception of Pocket Change I'm really not sure what your topics are. I think you'd aboslutely explode if you did visionary type tracks or more conceptual tracks where you're speaking to someone specific or about something specific. I don't often say this, but I think you and a professional conceptual song writer would have the makings of a run away music career. The right A&R would would fall out his seat laughin if your CD slid across his desk cuz he'd see how to align the pieces and make you a household name on tour with Jill Scott and Flowetry, and doing collabs with Maxwell and D'Angelo and a Mos Def cameo. You have some "lyrical" tracks and some collabs on your page, but I'm tellin ya man, lol don't even waste your time with that man that's way beneath what you can do, and after some massaging on your vocals, playing to your strengths and aiming at the right crowd would pay off for you BIG TIME. And I mean BIG TIME.

Your target audience is mature adults that are older and wiser now, and beyond the "rap" phase but still got that culture in em and just want to listen to something smoother. I can see this playing in the Caddy easily, like the sound track to unwind to. This is that plush leather seat music, ya feel? It's music for the grown. music for the trendy, the new young contemporary corporate america with fat pockets music.

Apexx

Thanks Ape, (your new nick name by the way )

yea, i have a hard time writing in a straight line ya know ? i had super duper ADD/ADHD (combination of both) so mind minds all over the place. i think if i focused harder, i might be ale to fix that problem.. very much appreciated.

Proud OYD member again . <------- That is whassup
Old 08-11-06, 04:03 AM   #69
kalealcrooks
New to RV

IP: 99B6 278F

www.soundclick.com/silverpharoah

riding low

welcome to my hood

scrub hands

for music by One Term, ILLegitimate Voices, Word, and Kaleal Crooks... www.silverpharoah.com
Send a message via AIM to kalealcrooks Send a message via MSN to kalealcrooks Send a message via Yahoo to kalealcrooks   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 07:15 PM   #70
KempoMRK
The Saviour

IP: 9179 A89B

Dope thread Appex, I'll post some stuff up when I get better.
Send a message via AIM to KempoMRK Send a message via Yahoo to KempoMRK   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-06, 04:58 PM   #71
Wordz AhGod
ROFL @ u niggas since '04

Text Record: 26-11
IP: FC94 E1E4

www.soundclick.com/rawking

'Get it Popping'
'All I had'
'I promise'

Id appreciate any feed or help you'd give on this man. thanks

Send a message via AIM to Wordz AhGod Send a message via MSN to Wordz AhGod   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-06, 12:08 PM   #72
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: 3A9D 1961

safe apexx.

]when you get to mine, fuck soundclick. do the three on my myspace www.myspace.com/daubsnw

easy.
Old 11-02-06, 09:51 AM   #73
Flame305
This is my first post!

IP: 8A38 E02E

http://www.myspace.com/bpflame

Grown Man
War Talk
For The Ladies
Send a message via MSN to Flame305 Send a message via Yahoo to Flame305   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-06, 06:22 PM   #74
LnC
New to RV

IP: F7E3 42B8

www.myspace.com/dsplnc

"For Ya Fam"
"Thank You"
"Summertime Vibe"

Hope to hear what you think APEXX...

Thanks bro.
Old 01-27-07, 06:39 PM   #75
Chris Stylez
Semper Fi

IP: 7BE2 A0A1

www.myspace.com/csdabest

"The Usual Suspect"
"Dem Nuh See"
"Savior"

Im the more smooth sounding one with da laid back style

Project List

The Classick Mixtape Vol (8/18)
Age Of Consent Mixtape Vol 1(16/16)
The Classick Album(2/16)
S&S Express E.P.(1/10)

Lot of back to back shit. Stay tuned.
Send a message via AIM to Chris Stylez Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Stylez   Reply With Quote