RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-06, 11:34 AM   #1
-TeamOne-
Is Betta Than You

College

IP:

What college do you go to or plan to go to and for what reason? and how are youg paying/going to pay for it

I plan to go to University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign with financial aid because

1. Its number 5 in the country for what i plan to major in (Computer Engineering)

2. Close to Home

3. Campus is veryyyyyyyyyyy big and nice

4. Mostly ALL of my closest friends are goin

5. They just got a newly built recreation center recently and its raw as hell

6. So much shit to do on campus, everytime i visit i never want to leave

7. Free broadband Internet and Cable Television

8. Co - Ed Dorms & Bathrooms

9. Fraternities

10. If you stay on campus you can have someone that doesent even go there visit you anytime they want and stay in your dorm as long as u want, (all colleges probably have this)

11. THE PARTIES yes yes yes, every day there is a party, not that i will be goin everyday, but whenever i have any freetime you know where ill be

12. Concerts, U of I plays host to alot of concerts, like the recent ludacris one, and students get a discount price.

The list goes on but my hands are tired

What about you?
Old 10-04-06, 11:39 AM   #2
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

University of Sydney...

Cause... Its the best uni in this state or something.
Old 10-04-06, 11:42 AM   #3
-TeamOne-
Is Betta Than You

IP:

well what about your major are they the best in that, cuz i hear peopl always talkin about they wanna go to harvard n princeton n shyt because they r ivy leagues, but whats the point if they dont have the best program for your major, the only ivy league school that has a better computer engineering program than U of I is Stanford, so id rather go to U of I than harvard princeton yale and wtv werd
Old 10-04-06, 11:47 AM   #4
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Well I'm majoring in Japanese, Philosophy, and Information Systems...

University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) is probably better for Information Systems, but if I went there I'd be stuck with mainly computing subjects, because I wouldn't be able to take Japanese or Philosophy... Boring... And I'd have to do maths... I HATE maths.

I dont really even want to do that info system shit, but I gotta make a living you know... Philosophy and being bilingual don't pay well. -_-
Old 10-04-06, 12:56 PM   #5
Baron, Bitch!
New to RV

IP:

I cant stand it man. Never went to college. I have the view that you should learn an apprentiship before you leave school, and then go into that trade when you're old enough to. You can be the smartest mahfucker there is, then apply for a job and see every one turn you away because you have no experience. Ive been there. I know. :^/

"I had to get off the boat, so I could walk on water" - Jay-Z
Send a message via MSN to Baron, Bitch! Send a message via Yahoo to Baron, Bitch!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-06, 01:17 PM   #6
-TeamOne-
Is Betta Than You

IP:

where do you work how long have you worked there and how much do you make an hour, be honest
Old 10-04-06, 01:21 PM   #7
Baron, Bitch!
New to RV

IP:

I work as a Registrar (Births, Deaths and Marriages), Ive been there 11 months, and I make £15,600 a year basic. That's not including the registered buildings I have to go out to to marry/do civil partnerships at for people.

I dont get paid an hour, we get paid per month, which also changes depending on how many weddings/civil partnerships we do, and how much Deputy Super Intendenting we do. For instance, if the SR is off sick for a month- We get paid the month on THEIR wage because we're doing THEIR job.

Get me?

"I had to get off the boat, so I could walk on water" - Jay-Z
Send a message via MSN to Baron, Bitch! Send a message via Yahoo to Baron, Bitch!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-06, 08:44 PM   #8
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron, Bitch!
I work as a Registrar (Births, Deaths and Marriages), Ive been there 11 months, and I make £15,600 a year basic. That's not including the registered buildings I have to go out to to marry/do civil partnerships at for people.

I dont get paid an hour, we get paid per month, which also changes depending on how many weddings/civil partnerships we do, and how much Deputy Super Intendenting we do. For instance, if the SR is off sick for a month- We get paid the month on THEIR wage because we're doing THEIR job.

Get me?

Yo, that is some pretty shitty pay...

There's a program called the JET program that I can do after I finish my degree, which will find me a place to stay in Japan, a school to teach english at, and also take care of transport... And I'd be earning more than that right off the bat. Not to mention the untaxed $30/hour I'd get for private tutoring, which I didn't count in the pay.
Old 10-04-06, 01:40 PM   #9
-TeamOne-
Is Betta Than You

IP:

so basically you make $29,243 a year in US Money, which really is nothing, you really should have went to college no offense.
Old 10-04-06, 01:51 PM   #10
Compose

IP:

^30,000$ a year without college is nothing? what the fuck are you smoking? i can live in luxury in the bronx with that kinda money

but fuck college
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 10-04-06, 04:18 PM   #11
-TeamOne-
Is Betta Than You

IP:

no 30,000$ a year period is nothing whether your in college or not son, once i get my Masters im gonna be making twice that much within months, if not 3 times
Old 10-05-06, 03:00 PM   #12
Compose

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TeamOne-
no 30,000$ a year period is nothing whether your in college or not son, once i get my Masters im gonna be making twice that much within months, if not 3 times

thats more then enough to live decently here
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 10-05-06, 03:44 PM   #13
Zone Out
Power Hungry

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
thats more then enough to live decently here

lol, I heard you dont like me, lil nigga

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-06, 04:25 PM   #14
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP:

Have fun in those little ass dorm rooms Law, lol.
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 10-05-06, 11:32 AM   #15
-TeamOne-
Is Betta Than You

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Degree
Have fun in those little ass dorm rooms Law, lol.

lol yea some are little, but not the ones in the 6-pack, thats where i was staying when i visited, the guy who i stayed with had 2 room mates, a bunk bed a regular bed 3 desks a mini refridgerator a TV an XBOX 2 laptops one desktop computer, 2 woofers, a closet and shelves, i was like dayum! hopefuly i score a dorm like that.