RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-09, 08:41 PM   #1
сварливый

Doing a good act

IP: 735C 87EC

if you did a good act strictly to make yourself feel better or good, then your good act was dictated by being egocentric and was thus only a good act for yourself, and you were never benevolent in the first place, because at the center of every good act that you've ever done for someone else, was yourself, and you didn't have the other person in mind when you did that good act, you had yourself at heart.

Discuss.

-You can answer this now if you already understand, for those who don't, continue reading-

Any example you can think of is selfish aside from those people who give their lives away to making another person have pleasure, those are the only benevolent people on this earth, because good is subjective and the objective in good is yourself; for other people to be benevolent towards you, they have to disregard their own happiness in order to add to your happiness, and they have to not want to do it. In short, logically, no one is benevolent by freewill, they have to be enslaved against their will to be benevolent. If they are benevolent out of freewill, then they are focused on themselves from the beginning and can never be benevolent.

this is why good and bad, or right and wrong are non-existent, and me stabbing you may be a bad thing to you, but it could have been a good thing to me, I may have thought it was ultimate good that I've done by stabbing you, but in your eyes it was a bad thing. Whose opinion is right?

How does right and wrong or good and bad exist?

Discuss.
Old 02-12-09, 09:09 PM   #2
50Cal.
STROBE's Favorite Rapper

Text Record: 62-23
Audio Record: 9-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 0FA0 9C00

good or wrong is ditated by other higher power hence why all civilized societys have leaders or religion to follow.

94-29
R.I.P RAPVERSE
Send a message via AIM to 50Cal.   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-09, 09:16 PM   #3
сварливый

You dodged the question. I didn't ask where it came from but thanks for telling me you think God taught us what right and wrong is.
Old 02-14-09, 11:13 PM   #4
Alphabetized
New Jack

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: A1E4 9BCF

To say that there is no right or wrong, is foolish, and it is simply a show of your own intelligence level. If you can't grasp the concept of what's a right moral desicion and what's a wrong one, you either have a dangerously low IQ, or you chose not to think about the outcome of your action. What makes something morally right or wrong is what effect it yields and in what context you action has taken place.

For example, you used stabbing someone to support your thought that although the person being stabbed would feel it was a "bad" the person who did the action could have believed it was for the greater "good." You may be right either way, but it depends on the situation and it's outcome.

If there is a terrorist about to blow up a plane with innocent people on it, and you stab him before he detonates the bomb and it saves all the people that was a morally appropriate action for the greater good.

However, if your on a plane and you stabbed the pilot and co-pilot in attempt to hijack the plane and crash it into the ground killing all the innocent on board, that is a "bad"

The reason, is the situation and the outcome.

In the first, your using a bad means to a good end, and the end doesn't always justify the means, but because of the details of the situation, anyone with half a brain can see it was a good. It was for the greater good of the innocent people, and whether an objective or subjective choice it yielded a good result on everyone around you. Although the terrorist will feel that you have done a bad thing, you have thwarted his attempt on doing an obvious evil act.

In the 2nd, your doing an evil act. You have a bad means to a bad end, and oncemore, anyone with a brain can easily interpret what you have done as an evil or a "bad."
Old 02-15-09, 05:29 AM   #5
сварливый

"That's so fucking foolish man you must have a dangerously low IQ, you may be right either way, but it depends on the situation and it's outcome."

I guess that's what you get for calling me 'wrong', as 'wrong' represents 'bad', and bad or good don't exist. Right and wrong don't exist, yet you start out your post by calling me fucking wrong and then adding your own little context for everything.

Lmfao

D:

Of course good and bad is how you interpret it, so what makes good and bad - good and bad? How you interpret it. Therefore it's subjective and does not exist as there are clashing consciousness. You SHOULD have, in order to be more correct, said "Statistically, the number of people that believes a certain act is a good thing is what makes that good thing a good thing, or that bad thing a bad thing." in which you'd be correct in that a wider number of people see things a certain way and thus their opinion matters the most in the matter of casting an opinion of what is good and bad.

██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 02-16-09, 12:00 PM   #6
one way
Addicted

Audio Record: 0-1
IP: B158 C755

na I feel ya, helping someone out to only make yourself look good is selfish and kinda wrong, but then again this society has taught me nothing about helping others, so I say if they got two leg and two hands then fuck them they dont need my help. Also it is common to feel satisfied and good about yourself for helping someone else, there is nothing wrong with that nor is it selfish, it borders selfish when you do those thing to benefit you. But the fact that good and evil exist is obviouse just the way we see good and evil in our eyes is different, example racists see nothing wrong with their behaviour, but I think they are 'bad'.

Myspace

It's ok to make money, Legit or illegal...
But it's treason when you turn your back on your people.
Old 02-16-09, 01:27 PM   #7
сварливый

you can't feel me if you don't understand me my frien

let's look at what's obvious, you would not do ANYTHING IN THE WORLD, if you didn't want to.

Therefore everything is selfish and about you. That's what I was getting at. So obviously you didn't understand that because you're talking about good and evil and how things "border" selfish.

Me explaining this to you is the most unselfish act in the world because it's about you.

Yet me explaining this to you only happened because I wanted to. Therefore it's selfish.
Old 02-16-09, 01:34 PM   #8
one way
Addicted

You think people want to clean up the puke of some little kid after they spill all over the grocery store, or you think someone wants to spend all their hard earned money on some homeless bum who refuses to get a job, you think my post lady wants to pick up all the dog shit she sees on her rout cause people are to lasy to do it themselves...........are a moron if you think people only do things cause they want to, this would be a hell of a place to live if it was like that.

Myspace

Old 02-16-09, 01:40 PM   #9
сварливый

I guess it's a hellish and heavenly place we live in then.

Because although I may say "I do not want to respond to you", yet I have, then I guess logic would dictate that I did want to respond to you, in the end.
Old 02-16-09, 02:12 PM   #10
one way
Addicted

of couse you wanted to respond, what eles do you have to do, thats what your known for.

Myspace

Old 02-16-09, 02:13 PM   #11
сварливый

I suppose now you're going to tell me that what you just assumed about me may or may not be a good or bad thing.

Personally I don't care, yet you did.
Old 02-16-09, 02:13 PM   #12
Alphabetized
New Jack

Audio Record: 0-0
IP: A1E4 9BCF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
"That's so fucking foolish man you must have a dangerously low IQ, you may be right either way, but it depends on the situation and it's outcome."

I guess that's what you get for calling me 'wrong', as 'wrong' represents 'bad', and bad or good don't exist. Right and wrong don't exist, yet you start out your post by calling me fucking wrong and then adding your own little context for everything.

Lmfao

D:

Of course good and bad is how you interpret it, so what makes good and bad - good and bad? How you interpret it. Therefore it's subjective and does not exist as there are clashing consciousness. You SHOULD have, in order to be more correct, said "Statistically, the number of people that believes a certain act is a good thing is what makes that good thing a good thing, or that bad thing a bad thing." in which you'd be correct in that a wider number of people see things a certain way and thus their opinion matters the most in the matter of casting an opinion of what is good and bad.

Your right, I should have pulled up the statistics on how many people think killing a mother and her unborn child is a bad act to know if it was bad or not.
Old 02-16-09, 02:15 PM   #13
сварливый

You never would know, otherwise: unless you depend knowing on something more than your personal opinion.
Old 02-17-09, 12:15 AM   #14
50Cal.
STROBE's Favorite Rapper

Text Record: 62-23
Audio Record: 9-2
IP: 0FA0 9C00

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
You dodged the question. I didn't ask where it came from but thanks for telling me you think God taught us what right and wrong is.

no i didnt.right or wrong is a thought dictated by belief

94-29
R.I.P RAPVERSE
Send a message via AIM to 50Cal.   Reply With Quote