RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Audio Assistance
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-07, 12:40 AM   #16
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: D22F CD29

el rey holla at me, i got u on myspace, im mark schafer and i been spittin at least 4'' away i been more like 6'' or more cuz i been tryin to fix it. but my shit seems to change randomly wit quality from each time i move my mic or anything around and turn off the comp. but yeah, all that i can get up to my standards, but i dont have any way to rid the distortion yet, i'll be foolin wit it but i'ze lookin (tryin to be quicker) if anyone had the problem before and knows how to fix the co1u distortion.

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-07, 02:24 AM   #17
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 93F5 24A1

post up a sample since theres 5000 kinds of distortion

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-07, 12:54 AM   #19
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

could try Nuendo and see if it doens't try to finger your other steinberg programs. if not for cubase/nuendo, really your only step forward is acid in my personal experience. aint much else in the Hobby grade. everything above these are basically Protools category.

and you're asking what I use? I use Digital Performer :heart: with a pinch of Garage Band and Bias Peak Pro depending on my needs.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-07, 01:59 PM   #21
M&rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
post up a sample since theres 5000 kinds of distortion

soundclick.com/pictureperfect2pac
^^^
its called "gone unfinished appex distortion" i got just the vocals above it. and below it is a song i recorded with the recording thing lower cuz a friend told me that would help with the distortion, but idk if it did.
and el rey, i just added u

my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-07, 04:13 PM   #22
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

^that's not distortion dude that's a problem called extremely shitty mic. to get closer to sounding better your mids which is the only thing your mic is good at need to be turned DOWN, that's why it sounds like a clock radio. your highs need to be turned up and your lows need to be cut into 1000 little pieces to have the good ones turned up and the bad ones turned down. and that's before we begin to talk about that lack of volume.

I listened to your track and fucked with it a little and this is closer to what it should sound like: http://www.sendspace.com/file/s42asp

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 05-02-07, 06:11 PM   #23
M&rk

^^
if its cuz my mic is so shitty why everyone talkin it up on here. the co1u usb mic is like all people talk about on here. theres gotta be a way to make it sound respectable. but i'mma mess wit them highs mids and lows.... but how can i " cut the lows into 1000 pieces?" idk know what thats all about. but thnx

my reverbnation.com page
Old 05-03-07, 05:13 AM   #24
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

^^^apexx means equalizing the vocals finely. when you use more bands you can pinpoint where your shit needs to get cut and boosted more precisely

and fyi just because "everyone" on this site is talking up a sub par microphone doesn't magically make it a good microphone

and to be honest not everyone is even talking about that mic anymore...go around the site asking audio heads what they use....

the world is bigger than the co1u....a lot bigger
Old 05-03-07, 10:31 AM   #25
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

^said it so i didn't have to.

also you gotta keep in mind cheap mics are cheap because the production tolerances are hella wide which to you means no 2 mics are the same. that means one C01U could be relatively clear and the other could sound like muddled shit. guess which one of these two could apply to you?

but straight up you just sound like a cheap motherfucker who expects miracles from monkeyshit. tryin to squeeze blood from a stone and wondering why you aint' gettin nowhere. like i told you at the start of this thread, you want quality? it costs money. period. there's no way around it cuz to make somethin better costs money.

why you think a Ferrari don't cost what a camry costs?

now i wasted enough of my time and money talkin to you bout bullshit so

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.