RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Higher Thinking
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-05, 08:33 PM   #1
Elementality

Acuity Vs. Stanza

IP: BC9E 8B9A

Battles up Monday - Check In by Wednesday - Drop by Friday - Votes by Sunday

No line limit and the battler with most votes by Sunday night is the winner. If this is a topical battle, write a topical and not a poetic drop and the same is vice a versa.

All Battlers must vote on 4 other battles and leave their voting links in their battle thread. Battles voted on may be from either poetry or topical battles. If vote threads aren't in your poetry battle thread by sunday you will suffer a loss by Disqualification.

Extensions must be asked for by Thursday night by pming any of the mods (Acuity, Drama Queen & Elementality). No extensions will be given 4 if asked 4 on Friday night. Extensions are only given till Sunday night at the most. If you dont ask for an extention, and drop whenever you feel like it you will be Disqualified. Do not abuse extentions, they are not to be used if you're just too lazy to drop within the confines of the circumstances. Leave reasonable explanation for your absense. If the League notices you are a slacker due to this nature you will be banned for being out-right slothfully callous.

Every battler must nominate (not their own) one topical and poetry battle for pieces of the week, in the main forum . People with pieces of the week shall have their drops stickied and placed in the Pieces Of Inspiration sub forum

Don't ho-show because you will be banned if you do it twice. We can understand you cannot drop due to certain circumstances but if this happens a second time, you're banned from the league for 2 weeks. If you signed up for both leagues and you no-show in one league twice, you will be banned in both leagues!

Try to limit the freeposts, we will have a chat/beef thread for that. Also give fully explained votes, if not your votes won't count!

Your Topic: Spirititual Deprevation

Last edited by Elementality : 05-31-05 at 11:42 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Elementality  
Old 05-31-05, 10:50 PM   #2
Acuity
Rastafari Walk Tall

Audio Record: 15-9
IP: 69F0 7D50

Checkin in.............this should be good, jus show homie, lets make history...

"His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia and Elect of God"

Blog

Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Web Designer

Old 05-31-05, 11:22 PM   #3
Stanza
Banned: Biting

Text Record: 28-15
IP: 28AD 5545

................................................ch eck
Send a message via AIM to Stanza Send a message via Yahoo to Stanza  
Old 06-03-05, 12:33 PM   #4
Stanza

IP: 3240 794D

Spirititual Depravation

As The wind blows against the windows of my Sad soul
The Thoughts of deprevation begins to take control
Debasing My Mind & Tearing Down my bodily Features
Thought this was only in my spirit but it has its on creature
My Spirits being so spoken bad of in so many ways
I figure that I Should Just Give up now and end my days
My days on This Earth That Have me So Depressed
Repressed and So Undedicated to Lifes Many Test

So My Soul Sits in Deprevation as the Mockery Still Taunts on
My Head Hung Down In Sadness as I Pull The Clip out of my Gun
Then It all comes back to me ....My Life Isnt All About Easy Street
Because Even In Life A Spirititaul Depravation Can Have You Beat

GLuck Acuity!

Ps to Elemenatality
You Spelled Depravation Wrong LOL
Old 06-03-05, 07:15 PM   #5
Acuity
Rastafari Walk Tall

Audio Record: 15-9
IP: C3B3 1B13

Spiritual Deprevation

I sit in this cage, three blocks of grey, 1 row of steel, no conversation
No stimulation for the mind, no allowance for religion, that’s my deprevation
One belief is given prescedent, that the dictator is the lord, he is the faith
I cannot adjust, deduct, Christ from my thoughts, abort bible preachings as a retort
If caught practising his teachings, im deprived of food and water, of sunlight
This is my plight, survive in spite of religion, or die a martyr in ma deathrow like plight
It’s a catch 22 in a different form, I wonder if I can afford to abandon the path now
I’ve spent my life devoted to Jesus Of Nazareth, at birth in mind I took a vow
Christened Acuity, now imprisoned for my beliefs, should I tolerate my spiritual neglection
Malcolm X didn’t. Ghandi didn’t, Shaka Zulu didn’t, Irish Catholics were unrelenting
They give me inspiration, to stand firm at my hearts station and not stop or drop
Not to be silenced by an oppressive force that tells me what I say about creation is wrong
As it challenges their premise for power,my anger I will vent, that shall come in time
So I keep ma rhymes concise and precise, enabling me to worship within my mind
If I cant express ma faith on the outside, then ill express it on the inside with no contestation
As these people cant take away what I keep in there and ensue to spiritual depravation
So in elation I know I will die at some random undestined moment ma life will end
Although short, I have served the lord, 27 years since the doctor cut my umbilical
But im glowing, knowing my place in perfection is reserved and biblical and magical
My prays with the lord are heavenly debates, angelic conversations
This weight and tide of prejudice cannot persist with continuing spiritual deprevation

-Acuity-

"His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia and Elect of God"

Blog

Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Web Designer

Last edited by Acuity : 06-03-05 at 07:18 PM.

Old 06-04-05, 10:06 AM   #6
50Cal.
STROBE's Favorite Rapper

Text Record: 62-23
Audio Record: 9-2
Graphics Record: 0-0

ok this was fucking garbage all around a trash factory of wackness what the fuck first off the topics being given are garbage this week i want my mod spot back i will run this poetry again yall can have the topical part.anyways imagery was horrible by both there was none no good picture at all was given here none it was that bad.emotion was decent i feel stanza had better emotion acuitys drop looked more like a report for school shit was boring so based on better emotion and emotion being a chief aspect of poetry i give it to stanza but both dropped wacked im ashamed of you both.
vote-stanza

94-29
R.I.P RAPVERSE
Send a message via AIM to 50Cal.  
Old 06-05-05, 01:38 PM   #7
DQ
Odi et Amo

IP: AFB0 5C2F

I like both drops in fact, I feel the topic allowed you to write a more emotional than imagery piece.

Stanza: strongest aspect was the emotion you had, I like how you portrayed the process of spiritual deprevation, nice word choice as well. Sound expression was okay, could've been better here and there though. Vocab was suited for the topic, only negative remark I have is: the length! Should've made it longer and more indepth in my opinion because I was left wondering here and there. Please do me a favor, next time you start to write an excellent piece, don't just stop but make it longer

Acuity: I enjoyed reading your poem, had strong content with raw emotion, not so much imagery but it was there. I feel yours is kinda at same level as Stanza's with that difference that you did go in detail unlike him. That I think makes you win this battle because emotion and vocab were equal to Stanza's. Sound expression was better though but was fairly close...if only Stanza made his longer...

Vote: Acuity

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Send a message via AIM to DQ Send a message via MSN to DQ Send a message via Yahoo to DQ  
Old 06-05-05, 04:47 PM   #8
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 0825 899A

Stanza- Your choice of vocabulary was good, a bit basic in parts but fit into place well. It was too small to really get me into the story, which would've been a changing factor if you made it longer. A lot of loose ends in the story which can be good sometimes, but in other times it can decrease the greatness of the story. Very good piece, though.

Acuity- As usual, you kept up a pretty good level of vocabulary that added to the story. Showed some emotion, less then Stanza. Your vocabulary allows detail, and the length allowed you to get your point across. Good drop but far from your best...

I have to give it to Acuity because:

1. It was less vague
2. More of the story for me to get into

Didn't really like this topic a whole lot, though... both were decent.

v/ Acuity

Old 06-05-05, 09:03 PM   #9
Elementality

IP: BC9E 8B9A

This was a fairly close one in my opinion... Stanza, yours was pretty aiite, failry good imagery, good struc, and I liked the pathetic fallacy you gave.

What acuity has here is usually described as an "Epic poem". Which is a poem about heroes. I found his to be a little more indepth than stanza because of this, and because of his style, diction and flow.

I think that both styles are very unique, but my vote goes to Acuity because it was more delineative.

V/ Ac
Old 06-05-05, 10:08 PM   #10
Stanza

IP: 0825 899A

Thanx To All Atleast You Were Honest LOL

All Yall Are Dope (atleast on my Respecto Meter)

And Plus I Think This is my First Poetry Lost LOL So Im Str8 and Look who i was Facin Nice Drop Acuity
Thanx To all voters
Old 06-06-05, 12:08 AM   #11
50Cal.
STROBE's Favorite Rapper

Text Record: 62-23
Audio Record: 9-2
Graphics Record: 0-0

Acuity Wins God Knows How He Did Whatever He Gets The Win Regardless You Better Never Drop Like That Again Ac Or Ill Kill You Myself

94-29
R.I.P RAPVERSE
Send a message via AIM to 50Cal.