RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-05, 11:35 AM   #1
noname
Coming to Kill you All

Text Record: 43-20
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Why do people hate on 50?

IP: 7A58 0887

Why do people hate on 50?
Yes...the man has a basic rhyme scheme...and his content gets bombastic due to redundancy.
But look at what he DOES have
Animated flow, delivery, voice, writes good songs and catchy hooks

People hate cuz he doesn't have metas or lyrics about society...etc.
But he doesn't make that kinda music.......
He makes the "blast in ya room" type of music...And he is the best at that too.

Rapmusic is STILL music.So it's meant to be entertainment.
I don't see why ya'll got to hate on catchy hooks or dope beats.It seems to me,that when you guys hear a song that a lot of people like..and it has a catchy hook..you automatically label it "pop".And to me,that is fucking stupid.

I mean,I'm all for lyrics with multis and metas 'n wateva.But there are times I want to hear to simple ones that you can listen too without having to think about every line in order to get it.
SO........

Some times call for Rakim 'n Talib..some call for 50 'n his mainstream buddies
That is all

Last edited by Natural killa : 10-01-05 at 11:46 AM.
Send a message via AIM to noname   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-05, 11:43 AM   #2
Compose

IP: 4ADA E6DD

Cuz he'd rather have money then Hip Hop.
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 10-01-05, 11:46 AM   #3
noname
Coming to Kill you All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
Cuz he'd rather have money then Hip Hop.

Isn't the whole point of puttin out an album.......is to have have people buy it?
Old 10-01-05, 11:48 AM   #4
Compose

Thats not the whole point...ofcourse you wanna get money off it cuz its your profession, but he does it for the money only and sells out to the industry. Hip Hop is giving him money, not his record...but he keeps milking Hip Hop for all the money it has without giving back to it.
Old 10-01-05, 11:52 AM   #5
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 6B3B E822

I do respect him for his marketing stratigys and the simple fact that within a fairly short period of time he went from being a nobody to one of the most recognised people in hip hop. You cant talk down on that..

However. In the last few years, rap's image has gone through a fairly large identity crisis and people like 50 Cent are at the forefront of this. Rappers dont like him because he has defined a steriotype that although not everyone aspires to, is still forced on a large portion of people involved in the rap industry. To industry cats now a days, his image is what is marketable, he has set a standard that is not only weak from an artists perspective but places bad expectations on our genre of music.

To put it more simple..
He sucks, but got popular and now a lot of other rappers who suck are getting big because their seen as 'safe' to invest in for record companies. I believe this is just a stage hip hop is going through and the sooner rappers like 50 Cent start to fade away the better.

I hope this answers your question...
Old 10-01-05, 11:53 AM   #6
noname
Coming to Kill you All

Quote:
Thats not the whole point...ofcourse you wanna get money off it cuz its your profession, but he does it for the money only and sells out to the industry. Hip Hop is giving him money, not his record...but he keeps milking Hip Hop for all the money it has without giving back to it.

what u mean "not giving back"?

I don't know about you...but I'd rather have money than "save hip-hop".
If you wanna spend ur whole life trying to be some "messiah" to some music genre while being broke as fuck with no money at all..fine.Have fun,knock urself out.
But I'd rather have money...and live in luxury 'n shit.That's what we all strive for as emcee's.To have as much people buy 'n like our music as possible.
And 50 was poor his whole life...I think he has a right to "milk" money from hip-hop as much as he want.

Selling-out to the industry?
How?
He makes good music.That should be enough.
Old 10-01-05, 11:56 AM   #7
Compose

^You have no clue what its about if you rather live in luxury then save real hip hop.

peace
Old 10-01-05, 12:11 PM   #8
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Compose.............you are dense..

Tupac got rich as fuck off rap, biggie smalls got rich as fuck off rap..

Those are two of the most respected artists in history of this industry. Rap is an art form, I dont know if you realised pal, but artist's usually tend to want to make money off their art form in order to be able to live lives of luxury so they can do what they love doing.

A sell out is not only about money.. Its about neglecting your own personal message in order to please some record executive who wants you to fit a certain steriotype. Money is part of it, but in no way is the sole reason.

Sell out's exist in every business. You have such a warped idea of what hip hop is and how it should be done. It IS possable to be a dope rapper and still aim to make money off of rap.

I know your type exactly..
Your a kid that idolises canibus and thinks that all rappers should be recluded self absorbed morons who hate conformists and want hip hop to be just for hip hop heads alone with no money involved..

I know you prolly got an answer for that.. But when reality kicks in at a certain age you WILL start to understand why your wrong..
Old 10-01-05, 12:20 PM   #9
Compose

I understand what your saying and you can make music off rap theres no problem with that, but all Im saying is stay true to yourself to do it...like you said dont sellout to an executive for a certain stereotype to do it and thats what the majority of rap is doing today and thats why I dont like it...because theyre making money off of bullshit and not staying true to themselves. Id rather be comfortable in an apartment and still talk real hip hop, then be rich and talk about guns, hoes etc.
Old 10-01-05, 12:23 PM   #11
Compose

^Werd............
Old 10-01-05, 12:30 PM   #12
noname
Coming to Kill you All

Quote:
Originally Posted by efecx
because hiphop is about getting away from crime and gangs n shit like that so 50 cent been a rap artist n rappin bout wat he raps about is completly contradicting hiphop

it is?

Last I heard hip-hop was about expressing yourself.(yes..yourself)
50 Lived a life based on crime 'n gangs.Why the fuck can't he rap about it?
He wants to rap about what HE wants...not what YOU want.

But seriously...since when is hip-hop been about getting away from crime 'n gangs?
Old 10-01-05, 12:31 PM   #13
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: C98F 1FA2

I dont like 50 cent. I think his delivery is boring and emotionless and I hate his tracks and the fact that everyone loves his music.

But I respect him, because I give respect where respect is due. I dont respect him for being a dickhead and having beef or selling a lot of records. I respect him because hes doing what he loves doing, and getting paid fat sums for it. He's basically reached what we all strive for.
Old 10-01-05, 12:33 PM   #14
noname
Coming to Kill you All

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Man Band
I dont like 50 cent. I think his delivery is boring and emotionless and I hate his tracks and the fact that everyone loves his music.

But I respect him, because I give respect where respect is due. I dont respect him for being a dickhead and having beef or selling a lot of records. I respect him because hes doing what he loves doing, and getting paid fat sums for it. He's basically reached what we all strive for.

U serious?
The man has one of the most animated deliveries in the game.

How can it be boring?
Old 10-01-05, 12:35 PM   #15
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
I understand what your saying and you can make music off rap theres no problem with that, but all Im saying is stay true to yourself to do it...like you said dont sellout to an executive for a certain stereotype to do it and thats what the majority of rap is doing today and thats why I dont like it...because theyre making money off of bullshit and not staying true to themselves. Id rather be comfortable in an apartment and still talk real hip hop, then be rich and talk about guns, hoes etc.

Nah not guns and hoes..

What you need is a movement..
Thats what rap on a successful level is all about..

Getting rich through the the industry isnt a bad thing like you try and make out.. Its just not done properly by a lot of rappers.. But a lot of rappers dont know jack shit of what their doing and thats why a lot of rappers get stuck in that almost famous stage and never really progress..

Love it or hate it, 50 Cent had a movement.. He turned beef into a commodity and got famous off using it as a buzz word to sell music.. He is smarter than a lot of people give him credit for.. But that wont gain him respect after what hes done to raps image..