RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Emergency Help Center
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-03, 02:08 AM   #1
Grubb

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Help me elevate

IP: 15F5 E9A8

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/sho...15&pagenumber=1

I tried some of the stuff on the tutorial guess i just suck :-/ any tips?
Old 07-24-03, 02:21 AM   #2
Tutti

IP: A10D 4933

Do you want to battles me to help you.I'll set it up but you go first
Old 07-24-03, 08:15 AM   #3
RythmicTendicies

IP: 222F A358

^^lmao^^, This got anything To Do With Your Record!

Grubb - You Got Msn?
Old 07-24-03, 10:52 AM   #4
{UneeK}
Banned

From: Look in the reflection of your monitor (uk really!)
Text Record: 0-0
IP: CC07 EC19

people say you need natural talent to rap
thats bullshit, talent is a figment in your mind, you hae to train to be the best. winfrey houston didnt all of a sudden sing in the shower and sed 'hey muvva fukker i got talent,' NAW she trained for that voice in the same way u must train if u wanna be the best. its take dedication in the rap-game, ALOT, it took my 2 yrs to get where i am (no where lol) but the amount of knowledge iv gained from this game is pheonomenal. get yaself a tutor and dont be scared to ask shit

elevate, our game can always use another mc
Old 07-24-03, 12:16 PM   #5
cameronj86
sofa king we todd did

Text Record: 10-7
IP: C810 F8D5

There was instants in your rap when you didn't follow up Ie:
I heard all your rhymes came from nurserys that you probably stole
(This is a pretty good line but the nursery rhymes have been done to death, also don't say "I heard" or "probably", to you everything is proven facts, say "That's why" and "no doubt

Also try and stay on topic, if you say
Better watch what you say next round im off parole
then your next line should involve SOMETHING about jail, ex-con's, jailtime, gay guy's in prison, SOMETHING!
Maybe: Ya rap's like illerate convict's escape plan's..... easily foiled

Example:

In this game of rapping, you like a hovercraft, cuz u "aint touchin mines"
When it comes to battles, I got more won (ones)than strippers workin fulltime

Well, it wasn;t the best example, but the subject of the beginning of both lines are about rapping and battles, which go hand in hand. If you can link up the last two (I didn;t ) you get even more props

Just pm me or post here, if you need more tips
Old 07-24-03, 03:45 PM   #6
Grubb

IP: 15F5 E9A8

Thanks for the tips ill try to keep those in mind oh and yea i have msn just put in fromastapimp@hotmail.com

Last edited by Grubb : 07-24-03 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-25-03, 04:05 PM   #7
MR. LEGEND

IP: B944 C9DF

Your straight dude the only thing is your not formatted to this fake ass internet "text battling". If you got rythem and a unique style (the way YOU rap). You can MC, well, it's up to you how bad you wanna get.
As for This text BS, disreguard it, it will only fuck you up. Cause rappin is an audio thing, people hear you and say yeah, this text shit is a farse. In order to "elevate", you have to conform to their understandings, of mute rap. SO....you can either choose to be good at this worthless bullshit, and forsake your rythem and common sense, or try to be like these punks, and forget the basics of hip hop (originality & expression) altogether for this cheap mockery...

When I read your rhyme I was on beat and understood everything! These people want you to throw 20 extra words in it, and use big words, gay references, and oh yeah make it funny.

Oh yeah another way to elevate is to get 5 homeys, and have them vote for you, no matter what......that's what they do....
Old 08-07-03, 02:49 PM   #8
Feeble Minded.

IP: 399E F0FD

^^^laughs cuz i think hes just sayin that to make himself feel good about his recs^^^
lmao

but ur right ina way...audio is wat matters most...
text is fun though...

sry for freepost
Old 08-07-03, 03:05 PM   #9
PostMan

IP: 6B69 4527

Im going to tell it to you like this ok. ITS HARD WORK. Dont just come with some BS idea that since u like hip hop/rap and u wanna do it that u can just pic up a mic and do it. this is a common mistake. YOU have to come up. talent is involved but doesnt play a big part. SOME people have natural talent. I had some u could argue but it doesnt matter. When it comes to rap the most important thing is PRACTICE. You gotta learn how to form sentences and using the correct wordplay when forming a verse. Its like english class. You format your verses certain ways for different effects on the listener. And importantly contrary to what people say you should NEVER start at text. Text is for rappers who need to work on lyrics and getting better. If your 100% text your just WASTING your time. I started out freestyling. and IMPORTANTLY take critisism. NEVER bitch when someone says your shit sux. ASK THEM HOW. most of the time there are others who feel that way. NEVER think your shit is Perfect. Their is always room to get better. shit I thought 8mile was my biography. I got booed the fuck off stage 11 times straight at underground mics/battles. You know why? because i could freestyle tight and come up with ok lyrics but i lacked IMPORTANT FUNDEMENTALS. Which was ryhme scheeming, Subject, AND UNDERSTANDING that people could give 2 shits about your feelings. SO prove them wrong, but most of all PROVE YOURSELF RIGHT. Just cuz people say you suck doesnt mean shit. BECAUSE YOU DO SUCK (not a personal attack). I had to learn this the hard way. After those 11 times getting booed i realized fuck them and im not going to impress those asswipes. so i did what i like to do instead of trying to rap like someshit im not. MOST OF ALL to me its about BEing real.. People can hear fake emcees as soon as u touch the mic. CLAIMING ALL THAT HARD THUG SHIT IS USELESS. YOUR NOT A BALLER (unless you are). Spit some dope metas and shit and ur str8.. AND BE YOURSELF.

Ok sorry for being so hard. you may not agree with EVERYTHING i say here but as long as you understand what im saying and grasp a piece of it. Ups to u dog and work at it. DONT get discouraged.