RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Lyricist Battle League > LBL Archives > LBL Magazines
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-06, 02:54 PM   #1
Magic5

Post LBL Magazine (28th May 2006)

IP: 6EB9 28C9

Introduction

What's up guys? This is week 1 out of 2 where Kempo's gay face is on vacation, so now I'm writing this. Last week was alright; it had it's ups and downs like most of them usually do. I was glad to see a lot of the good heads show up. . it just sucked dick that most of them won by no show because their opponent is fucking gay. The battles this week weren't very good at all. There were some nice verses, but the battles sucked (as displayed by the crappiness of the "battle of the week"). Hopefully with the no showing faggots gone and more good people signed up this week, it'll get better.

On to the battles themselves. . with work and finals and some other shit, I had to no show my battle and so now Chrit is the leagues second all time champion. Let's see how long he can hold the spot. Other then that, some of the dudes that we were looking forward to seeing only had to post a no show verse to win so hopefully this will be the first week where we'll actually see some dopeness and shit. Also, WHAT THE FUCK was up with 2 of the battles last week? JTR's and Rush Lingo's was just like. . fucking bullshit. You can read the battle review for what happened, but that was pretty gay. Also, the battle with Met-A-4 and .Jae.Brix. was pretty retarded too because Met-A-4 had to post a day late, but with no votes coming in after he posted, I had to give him the loss. So, that means .Jae.Brix. is in the Contendership Match via no show victory which is kind of weak (no diss to him though, he posted a 22 line verse on time).

Overall, let's keep cutting the no shows down. . and keep telling people about this league. That'd be fucking dope if it took off.

May Event: Rising To The Top

This is the week where the May event is happening. These are the match ups that are going down:

LBL Championship - 1. Chrit (4-0) vs. 2. Nick Fletcher (5-2)
LBL Contendership - 3. So.Rell (6-2) vs. 4. .Jae.Brix. (4-2)
Concept Flipping Battle - John Hensley vs Nick Fletcher
Horror Battle - Jack The Ripher (Freddy Kruger) vs Roger Glocks (Jason)
Wrestling Battle - Nick Fletcher (Goldberg) vs Appocolyptik (The Rock) vs So Rell (Stone Cold)
Bye Week Battle - Yung Impression vs Rush Lingo

It's looking good so far; hopefully there won't be any no shows and it'll all turn out dope.

LBL Cypher

Last week was the first week that KempoMRK decided to get the LBL Cypher going. He offered one of two things to the person who posted the best punchline (as decided by the runner of the league) either A). Another win added to the record or B). A loss removed from the record.

After reviewing the thread last week, these are the lines that I thought were pretty tight:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempoMRK (to Da Sein)
Bitch, ya whack and never getting fucked,
Cos Nintendo is the only way DS is getting touched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake-zula (to Da Sein)
Leave me like Michael J. Fox? I can already see u lie...
That lines almost as ridiculous as the number of votes I beat u by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake-zula (to Da Sein)
Say I win 'coz of fans? that shit's absurd, man...
Yeah, I have dickriders...ya mom, ya sister, and ya girlfriend

Lmao. I guess if you want to win, go after Da Sein or something, haha. I'm giving the win to Shake-zula for the ridiculous line. This week in that thread was alright, I guess. Some people were posting up some decent stuff, while some dudes were just fucking around. Regardless, it's only two lines so make that shit active.

Battle Reviews

LBL Championship Match: 1. Mimesis (8-0) vs. 2. Chrit (3-0)

This was set up to be a pretty nice battle. I've been doing good, and Chrit's been doing this for a long time. However, with the combination of finals, work, and getting ready to go to my dad's house for the summer. . I didn't have time to do get anything started this week. Before Chrit posted I told him I wasn't going to show and signed out. No verses were posted from either side. This championship run of mine ended this week. Welcome LBL's second all time champ; Chrit.

LBL Contendership Match: 3. Chris Stylez (4-4) vs. 4. Nick Fletcher (4-2)

Honestly, I don't know how Chris Stylez got here. Dude is floating around the average area and there are a lot of people better then him ranked under him. Nick Fletcher is still coming up, but I was still expecting him to win. Nick Fletcher posted first and it was pretty good. I liked his half ass line, the out of the park line was dope, and his shut out line was pretty good. Chris Stylez didn't bring any quotables in my eyes. His concepts were pretty old, and as stated previously, I don't think he deserved to be in this match. Regardless, Nick Fletcher won 4-0.

5. Daubs (5-3) vs. 6. So.Rell (5-2)

This match up was pretty interesting. Daubs has had to face a lot of hard competition in the league and his record is no indication of how well he's done in the league. So.Rell has already been to the Championship Match, and now they're competing to see who goes to the Contendership Match next week. So.Rell posted first and his verse was pretty decent. I thought his oncoming traffic line and his rick ross line were both alright. Everything else was average, not too dope and not garbage. Daubs verse was decent as well. I thought his swallow his pride line was pretty good and his so what nameplay was alright as well. This battle didn't live up to what I expected it to be, but So.Rell won 4-0.

7. .Jae.Brix. (3-2) vs. 8. Met-A-4 (3-1)

I expected this battle to be pretty nice. Jae Brix is on the come up and Met-A-4 is here after losing the Championship Match last week. However, this turned out to be pretty retarded. Jae Brix posted a real verse on time and then Met-A-4 posted a verse a day late because he couldn't get on before then. However, by the time I closed the battles no votes had come in and so I have to give the win to Jae Brix. He posted a real 22 line verse, and with Met-A-4 posting late there's no way I can fairly say that he deserves the win. I closed the battle, but Met-A-4, if you want me to edit your verse out pm me and I'll do it. The same goes for you .Jae.Brix. So, in the end, .Jae.Brix. is winning via no show.

9. Jack The Ripher (5-2) vs. 10. Rush Lingo (4-4)

I was expecting this battle to be pretty tight. Jack The Ripher is pretty good and holds some weight on this site, and Rush Lingo's style is finally starting to catch on here. However, this match turned out wack as fuck. First. . JTR posted a no show verse, so Rush followed up with another no show verse after the deadline. Then, JTR edited in a better no show verse further after the deadline. To end it, Rush Lingo edited in a real verse and no votes came in by the time I closed it. I think I'm going to just leave these dude's records unchanged as a result of this battle. If you think that's unfair, pm me or something and we'll work something out. I don't know what else to do though. This battle was bullshit. If either one of you want your verses edited out, send me a pm.

11. Wicked One (0-1) vs. 12. John Hensley (0-0)

It seems like Wicked One hasn't elevated at all in the past 6 months. . whereas everybody who has texted knows who John Hensley is. I didn't think that this battle would be close at all. Sure enough. . it really wasn't. Hensley posted first and he had the imposters line, Wicked One nameplay, W I C line, and the needing safety line. I thought his verse was pretty good. Wicked One followed up with a verse that came up short. Dude didn't bring that much of anything that I thought was good. I guess the league agreed with me because Hensley flawlessed him 14-0.

13. Gopha (0-0) vs. 14. Pro (0-0)

I've never heard of either one of these guys, and so I didn't know what to expect going into this battle. Pro posted first and his verse was decent. I thought this Gopha/Go for line was pretty nice, and his mafia hits line was alright as well. Other then that, I wasn't really feeling too much out of his verse. Gopha posted next and he came decent as well. I thought his Enron line was alright, but his Pro/amateurs line was pretty sick and by far the best line in the battle. In the end, Gopha ended up winning 4-0.

15. Shake-zula (0-0) vs. 16. Dinger (0-0)

Shake-zula is a legend at PR. . and Dinger is a guy I've never heard of. I guess he figured he was beat, so he didn't bother to check in or post. Shake-zula checked in and posted a verse. His 'ding. . ding' line was pretty tight, and some of his other punchlines were pretty decent as well. Shake took the win via no show.

17. Pharaohe Def (0-0) vs. 18. ILL Fated (0-0)

Pharaohe Def is a pretty dope dude; he's champed some pretty notable leagues. . whereas I've never heard of ILL Fated before, so I expected this to be a slaughter. I think ILL Fated thought the same as he didn't bother to check in or post. Pharaohe Def won via no show.

19. SPuL (0-0) vs. 20. Pictureperfect2 (0-0)

SPuL won KORV 3 and ended up losing in a Championship Match earlier in the league. He signed back in against Pictureperfect2, who I have always thought to have been a little underrated. He hasn't done too much, though so this was his chance to make a name for himself. Pictureperfect2 posted first and he had a decent verse. I liked his hook line and his n.o. line. Some of his shit was pretty played though, so that took back from his verse. SPuL posted and his verse was alright too. I liked his gravity line and his drop heat line. I thought it was a pretty close battle, but SPuL ended up winning 5-0.

21. Erel Avent (0-0) vs. 22. Glitch (0-0)

I've never heard of either of these dudes, but Glitch is rocking some gay symbols in his name that I don't know how to type so I assume he's an herb. Erel Avent was the only one who checked in and posted a verse so he won. I liked his catch 22 line and his line about putting a Glitch in a matrix. Those were pretty tight. Glitch is a faggot for no showing.

23. N.Tavarez (0-0) vs. 24. T.r.oo.P (0-0)

Earlier in the league N.Tavarez lost in the Championship Match, but he signed back in at 0-0. T.r.oo.P is an old school RV head, that was perceived as good when the talent level was pretty low. Now that people are getting better T.r.oo.P seems to just fall farther and farther behind. I expected this to be interesting to see whether or not T.r.oo.P could catch up or not. N.Tavarez posted first and I thought his verse was pretty good. He came with a send down Troops/border line, and a Welcome back Troops line that I thought were good. The rest of his verse was still decent. Then, Troop posted with a gay font and I pretty much thought it was over from the start. He used Piston wordplay, a Dolittle punch, and a Miami Heat punch. I didn't think anything was quotable. N.Tavarez flawlessed him, 16-0.

25. Appocolyptik (1-0) vs. 26. .TeamOne. (0-0)

I haven't seen Appocolyptik text battling in a minute, so it's nice to him back. I've seen some of the freestyling videos TeamOne has posted up, and he's pretty nice on that audio tip. I was pretty interested to see how this battle would turn out. Appocolyptik posted first and he came pretty decent. He accused TeamOne of having somebody post his verses (but no proof was provided), and he came with a ties/thais line that I liked. He did bring a played 'on the roll' line, but his verse was overall decent. TeamOne posted and a lot of his lines had some pretty forced/unneeded wordplay in them. I thought his self improvement is masterbation line was pretty decent, and so was the Appo/a po' line was alright, but the rest of it I wasn't really feeling. For some reason TeamOne wasn't happy with the way voting was going and made his opinion known. After he posted nothing really changed, and Appocolyptik won 8-0.

27. Roger Glocks (0-0) vs. 28. Raw King (0-0)

I guess these guys were also scheduled to battle in the shitty ass Front Lines Battle League, but this battle was still alright. Roger Glocks is a pretty known head and Raw King is somebody who I've never heard of before. Raw King posted first and his verse wasn't that good at all. He had some decent concepts, but they were worded horribly. I didn't think he brought one quotable at all. Roger Glocks came pretty nice. I liked his far fetched line, crazy in the head line, and the Nick Fletcher line. He came with more than enough to win, and the battled ended with Roger Glocks being ahead 7-0.

29. Meta Syn (0-0) vs. 30. Monsieur (0-0)

Meta Syn is a pretty dope head, and I've never heard of Monsieur before. This battle was decent. Meta Syn posted first and you could tell he didn't go all out. . I don't think he knew who Monsieur was either, or maybe he just didn't think he was good. Regardless, he still had a hit home line, as well as the married to your verses line. I thought both of those were good. Monsieur posted and he had a pretty decent verse as well. I thought the league is dope line was pretty cool, but he had some played shit too like fresh,man/freshman wordplay. That kind of took away from his verse. I thought Meta Syn came with the better overall verse and most of the voters agreed with me. Meta Syn won 3-1.

31. Da Sein (0-0) vs. 32. Tim. (0-0)

I've never heard of either of these dudes, but I think I've seen Da Sein say he was from PR and he turned out to be pretty decent. He had a set ups/punches, a predictions line. . and some pretty played stuff. Tim. came with pretty much, nothing. He had potential with a concept about Twista and shit, but it wasn't worded very good and didn't connect. His style just wasn't working and his punchlines and concepts were both pretty weak. This battle wasn't that great, but Da Sein flawlessed Tim 15-0.

33. Defiance (0-0) vs. 34. Binary I (0-0)

Defiance checked in. . Binary I didn't. Defiance wins via no show. No verses were posted from either side.

No Show Verses

Shake-zula

U won't get no love, or applause from the crowd....
Only time u'll hear "Ding!.. Ding!..." is when I'm knockin' u out
U're not impressive. Start over and learn to type...
'Coz it'd take A LOT of botox injections to make ya verses tight
U dress in rags. And u've got a strong odor, man...
When kids play tag with u, they prolly spray u with deodorant
Plus, I don't even have to SAY that u're gay...
Only thing straight about u is the path u bout take to ya grave
And I usually post ethnic jokes, but I won't attempt it...
It'd be unfair of me to diss ur whole race....
...since u're prolly the slowest in it
Yeah, u're a dumb one. 'Specially if u think ya shit's fire....
'Coz ya best verse couldn't get a thumbs-up from a hitchhiker

Arel Avent

You suck, & if the Admin doesnt delete your membership
everyones gonna catch 22 .... gettin his fuckin ass whipped
All over the board, dukes not hot so stop with the fake shit
put ya head thru ya monitor & really put a glitch in the matrixx
I know why you no showed, you didnt wanna battle me
EA's quote after quote ...
while the only thing you put in the magazine is the Zzzzz
Glitch's whole life is the net, he's a bandwidth hog
but dont cry faggot .... just go make a new myspace blog
Complain about how I snatched the W, while you met defeat
& Ill see you when you register a new account & get ya ass kicked next week

Top Punches

15. Monsieur vs. Meta Syn
kempo should be getting props for the league. ya know that shits true
but its a shame everything in this leauge is dope... EXCEPT YOU

14. Roger Glocks vs. Raw King
I'll put the hammer down and I swung back to crush this geek
...watch this kid drop faster then Nick Fletcher did this week

13. Da Sein vs. Tim.
You’ve only battled one time too…I’ll leave ya mind bruised
True, my set ups have no punches but…NONE of your lines do

12. Erel Avent vs. Glitch
You suck, & if the Admin doesnt delete your membership
everyones gonna catch 22 .... gettin his fuckin ass whipped

11. John Hensley vs. Wicked One
Ughhh. you callin me kid? you gotta be dumb dude.
The imposters of my imposters imposters could probably son you.

10. Pictureperfect2 vs. SPuL
Wit that mug like that on ya cover good luck finding buyers
I mean Girls say n.o. to spul more than Katrina relief fliers

9. Appocolyptik vs. .TeamOne.
You couldn't beat me, a draws the most you could expect gay
But you're well aquainted with thais...
...Hell you had to pay one to get laid

8. N.Tavarez vs. T.r.oo.P
They can expect a slaughter, I disrepect my daughters
Send Troops Down, fast enough to protect the border,

7. Meta Syn vs. Monsieur
heard ur punches suck, so what you think of success?
when voters stay married to ur verses ..just to give a fuck less

6. John Hensley vs. Wicked One
I'm dissin' this cats shit...<-- and trust that my flows above it.
Now you're in need of safety.. like a corner that's blown his coverage.

5. Gopha vs. Pro
my perspective really changed after i slammed this herb...
cuz after i saw ya verse...
i realized that NOTHING seperates Pro from tha amatures!

4. SPuL vs. Pictureperfect2
this kid's a fag for going against me. My lines? Most of 'em dope
You drop heat? Guess that makes you the first dude who toasted his soap

3. Shake-zula vs. Dinger
U won't get no love, or applause from the crowd....
Only time u'll hear "Ding!.. Ding!..." is when I'm knockin' u out

2. Nick Fletcher vs. Chris Stylez
I’m a fan of baseball son. . I’ll take the bat and break ure frame,
And knock you so far outta the park, you’ll be moving house again

1. Roger Glocks vs. Raw King
I wont even try, no reason to bring the gun and kick back
U winning is so 'far fetched', dogs have trouble bringing the stick back

Verse Of The Week

John Hensley vs. Wicked One

Ughhh. you callin me kid? you gotta be dumb dude.
The imposters of my imposters imposters could probably son you.
I read your last battle, i dunno how you could be nice.
Haha, i mean, you got shut out 10-0 by some dude i've beat twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked One
But this fag dresses in drag cuz he's really a penis lover...
Has been since his dad fucked him in the ass and made him eat the rubber...

When i first read that i thought the shit was so fake.
I wondered how ya knew it..
... then realized your gay ass was jackin off to it on video tape.
I can do the fam disses too, see i made your sister my lover.
Yea i put down an early flow.. unlike when i hit that bitch with no rubber.
See, history repeats itself, and i know you're upset.
But Wicked, One.... is actually just one more vote than you'll get.
I can do the name disses cuz i'm better in this game.
You're nothin, it'll be a W I C like the first three letters in your name.
Listen you fagot, i don't like gunplay but this is too drastic.
Once i balance the beam on your head it'll make you flip like gymnastics.
I'm dissin' this cats shit...<-- and trust that my flows above it.
Now you're in need of safety.. like a corner that's blown his coverage.
It's too easy for you to get behind when i diss ya rhymes.
I'm about ta turn ya verse upside down...
.. but hey, at least you can claim John Hensley flipped your lines.

Battle Of The Week

This 'Battle Of The Week' wasn't even that good, but a lot of the good verses faced no shows and so I couldn't do anything with that. This was the best battle with both verses posted.

Pictureperfect2 vs. SpuL

Pictureperfect2:

Boy put his heart in his tape… really needed ya face bro
Cuz the bitch aint got a hook half as memorable as ya nose yo
Wit that mug like that on ya cover good luck finding buyers
I mean Girls say n.o. to spul more than Katrina relief fliers
U aint got the appeal.. rhymes wack.. how’d u ever get hired
And I don’t know what your lable is but it better Be expired
Im disgusted with your raps.. every mufuckin word is fake
But whats new…
still bunch of shit we don’t care to hear’s in a commercial break
if I was you I’d ‘trade it all’ for ya own lyrics plus ya flow is ass
My punches leave spul such a reck that’s what he’s also know as
so let me finish chokin this bitch until his head pops out his eyes
just by windin thread around spul.. without any sewing supplies

vs.

SPuL:

you can call my nose huge, I'll diss it too. Kid, just for fun
Cuz I'm winning by a nose... and I'm talkin' bout my one
You can throw whatever at me, kid. I'm not one to mind the blizzards
I'll just throw-back Bullets to your chest, like the 90's Wizards
There's a long line to admire the greats, kid, take your spot
Cuz in real life you watching your weight, while in rap, you waiting to watch
This kid's the one to date a tranny. He's sick, but not talkin' flu
Cuz not only me.... even your girl own a pp2
Everyone's talent's going up, but your's goes down. It ran out
You should thank gravity, cuz if not for it, you'd stand out
this kid's a fag for going against me. My lines? Most of 'em dope
You drop heat? Guess that makes you the first dude who toasted his soap

Daubs' Interview With JTR

thefuzzindaubs: What made you sign up for the league?
Jaw Show Awe: Nothing in particular, I saw all these other leagues were wack and wouldn't last, and then I saw that this one actually had the potential to become RV's top text league, I knew competition would come and it'd be dope, so I signed up
thefuzzindaubs: Cool, any text achievements you can boast of?
Jaw Show Awe: Well, I made the playoffs in LLL Jr. over at RB a while back, but that's no big deal, the only other site i've been on is this one, and I got a few battle of the months here (3 I think) and I came second place in KORV2 and KORV3, former undisputed PLL champ, hopefully that battle I had with mimesis get battle of the year...
thefuzzindaubs: Thats decent to say the least, any reason you stayed on RV and didnt join leagues at RM or B-Boys?
Jaw Show Awe: Not really, iunno, I guess I just never really got around to it
thefuzzindaubs: lol iite
thefuzzindaubs: Who do you respect most in the league skill wise?
Jaw Show Awe: A few cats, first off, Mimesis, he's been dropping fire since he got in the league, and he held the title consecutively for who a number of weeks, then there's guys like Hensley, Pharoe Def, Roger Glocks, Mets, Shake, all those other BBoy and RM heads who signed up, it's hard to pick one person in particular when there is so much skill in the league right now
thefuzzindaubs: Yeah i agree, you and mimisis had a "disagreement", is that sorted out now?
Jaw Show Awe: FUCK THAT MOTHERFUCKING PEICE OF SHIT!!! Nah i'm playing, f'real, i've dropped that shit, i'm cool with him, I never talked to him about it, so I don't if he's still holding a grudge or not
thefuzzindaubs: glad to here, Have you got any influences on or off RV for your text style?
Jaw Show Awe: Not really, most cats elevated by reading the legendary battlers on RM, b-boys, urban prowlers, but I never read any of those battles much, and up until recently I didn't even know who cats like Resin and Fracture were
thefuzzindaubs: seen, now obviousely the league is in a top a state at the moment thanks to kempo, any changes to improve the league even further?
Jaw Show Awe: well, these fucking herbs need to stop no-showing, other then that, I think the league is going great
thefuzzindaubs: defo, maybe there are too many herbs about which brings me on to the next question, What do you think as RV as a whole, text/audio/atmosphere wise?
Jaw Show Awe: Our audio is wack as fuck, on the real, way too many wack kids here are getting called dope, and the kids who are actually dope aren't getting any props, I look at the top ten audio heads lists and just laugh, too much dickriding in audio. Our text is decent, we have herbs though, as every site does, flooding the frontlines and what not, and our topical is pretty wack, all the dope topical vets either stopped doing topical or left the site
thefuzzindaubs: Pretty much, who do you think is holding RV audio down?
Jaw Show Awe: Ike, Apexx, Socrates, Jiddy Jid, SPuL keeps getting better and better, and there's prolly a few others who I forgot...
thefuzzindaubs: Ok, any chance of seeing you in audio in the future?
Jaw Show Awe: Been trying man, but I still can't figure this shit out, i'll get it eventually
thefuzzindaubs: lol dope. Can you see this league getting as big as them such as LLL and WBL?
Jaw Show Awe: Well, if you asked me this a few weeks ago, i'd of said no way, but looking at it now, it does have the potential to get there I think
thefuzzindaubs: same, finally, who do you think will reign at the end of the LBL?
Jaw Show Awe: Well that's hard to say, there's a lot of dope heads and I got a feeling more will come, to to try and guess now wouldn't make sense.
thefuzzindaubs: yeah i feel you. To finish some word association
thefuzzindaubs: KempoMRK
Jaw Show Awe: Dope league runner
thefuzzindaubs: Nick Fletcher
Jaw Show Awe: Needs to battle me
thefuzzindaubs: John Hensley
Jaw Show Awe: in the champ soon
thefuzzindaubs: Chrit
Jaw Show Awe: Beat me in the contendership, :-(
thefuzzindaubs: Spul
Jaw Show Awe: Loves my dick
thefuzzindaubs: RB
Jaw Show Awe: RV's father
thefuzzindaubs: Tha Q
Jaw Show Awe: gay / wack at audio
thefuzzindaubs: Foosball
Jaw Show Awe: i'm fucking DOPE at it
thefuzzindaubs: Anf finally, porn
Jaw Show Awe: what I watch too much of
thefuzzindaubs: lol, only human.
thefuzzindaubs: Dope interview mate, thanks.
Jaw Show Awe: Go fuck yourself
Jaw Show Awe: your welcome :-)

Predictions

May Event: Rising To The Top -

LBL Championship - 1. Chrit (4-0) vs. 2. Nick Fletcher (5-2)

Chrit is pretty well known; dude has been doing this for quite a while. However, it hasn't appeared that he's tried once yet in this league, and what he has posted hasn't given him that much props. Nick Fletcher has been on this site for a while, and I still think that he's on the come up. He's pretty inconsistent and that's his major problem. A lot of the time he'll drop a dope line. . then follow it up with a shitty one and it just kills it. For now though, with knowing how good Chrit can be when he tries, I'm going to predict him to win. If he doesn't try Nick Fletcher could definately pick this up with a good verse.

LBL Contendership - 3. So.Rell (6-2) vs. 4. .Jae.Brix. (4-2)

This battle should be decent. So.Rell has made it to the Championship Match before, and I'm pretty sure that Jae Brix has been to the Contendership Match before. I think I'm going to have to predict So.Rell to win here, though. I haven't heard of either one of these guys outside of this site, but I've liked the verses that So.Rell has posted slightly more than the ones that Jae.Brix has posted. It could be a toss up if So.Rell doesn't try.

Concept Flipping Battle - John Hensley vs. Nick Fletcher

I've never seen a concept flipping battle before, but I'm interested to see how it turns out. Everybody who texts has heard of John Hensley, and as stated previously, Nick Fletcher is still on the come up. However, I also said Nick Fletcher's main problem is his inconsistency. . but that shouldn't be a problem here because Daubs is supplying the words that need to be used. Regardless, I think I'm still going to have to pick John Hensley to win. He's extremely good at wording punchlines, and that's all that this battle is.

Horror Battle - Jack The Ripher (Freddy Kruger) vs. Roger Glocks (Jason)

This battle should be interesting. Jack The Ripher is pretty good, and he's known pretty well at this site. Roger Glocks, on the other hand, is known pretty well around the net all together. Glocks posted up a no show verse last week, and so most of this site hasn't seen what he can do yet (including Jack The Ripher). I think I'm going to have to go with Roger Glocks to win, but if Jack The Ripher doesn't underestimate him it could be pretty close.

Wrestling Battle - Nick Fletcher (Goldberg) vs Appocolyptik (The Rock) vs So Rell (Stone Cold)

As of late, Nick Fletcher and Appocolyptik have been beefing like mad. I think both of those guys want to win really bad. So.Rell, on the other hand, is here for a reason unknown to me. I think this is going to end in a toss up between Nick Fletcher and Appocolyptik because So.Rell will be focused on getting back to the Championship Match. This should be pretty entertaining though.

Bye Week Battle - Yung Impression vs Rush Lingo

All a bye week battle is, is a regular battle but the winner gets a week that they can take off whenever they want and still be given a win for that week. Right now I don't think Rush Lingo's style has caught on to this site yet. I like it, but the voters don't usually agree with me on his verses. Yung Impression is known everywhere, and so I think this will be close. I think Rush Lingo has as good of a chance as anybody, but unless the majority of this league magically catches on to his style, Yung Impression will probably win with a pretty good verse of his own.

Regular battles -

6. Gopha (1-0) vs. 7. Pharoahe Def (1-0)

Before last week I had never heard of Gopha before. His verse was alright, but Pharaohe Def is a veteran. Dude has champed some leagues and made himself known as a good textcee. I got Pharaohe Def winning this battle quite easily (unless Gopha is an alias of somebody).

8. SPuL (1-0) vs. 9. Daubs (5-4)

I don't know how Daubs keeps pulling competition every week. His record doesn't at all reflect his level of talent. SPuL won KORV 3 and was in the Championship Match earlier in the league. I honestly got this battle as a toss up. . whoever wants it more. It should be a good battle, so be on the look out.

11. Met-A-4 (3-2) vs. 12. Rush Lingo (4-4)

I didn't mean to give Rush Lingo another battle on top of his May Event battle against Yung Impression. Rush, if you want out just pm me and I'll find a replacement for you with no reprocussions coming back to you. However, if this battle stands it should be a pretty good battle. Met-A-4 has some problems with wording his lines to make them most effective, and as stated previously, some of this league doesn't like Rush's style. I got this won as another toss up. . it just depends on who wants it more.

14. Chris Stylez (4-5) vs. 15. Shake-zula (2-0)

Shake-zula. No doubt in my mind.

16. Defiance (1-0) vs. 17. Erel Avent (1-0)

Last week both of these guys won via no show, but Erel Avent still posted a verse. I thought it was pretty good, but I've never seen anything from Defiance or heard of him at all. With that being said, I have to say that this is a toss up. I've only seen a verse from one of the competitors.

18. N.Tavarez (1-0) vs. 20. Da Sein (1-0)

N.Tavarez is pretty well known at this site, and I've never heard of Da Sein before. I'm going to predict N.Tavarez to win, but only because I've seen more of his shit, and I've seen what he can do when he tries. I wouldn't count out Da Sein if he decides to go all out, but from what I saw last week and in the cypher, N.Tavarez should probably win this.

21. Meta Syn (1-0) vs. 22. Pictureperfect2 (0-1)

Meta Syn is pretty sick with it. He's known around the internet as a good text battle. Pictureperfect2 is a little underrated in my eyes. I haven't seen or heard of him outside of this site, and he hasn't battled at this site in a while either. Maybe last week he was just knocking the rust off? Regardless, I don't think he's as good as Meta Syn, and so I'm predicting Meta Syn to win this one.

23. T.r.oo.P (0-1) vs. 24. .TeamOne. (0-1)

T.r.oo.P has been around here forever, but he's gone from being considered a veteran to being considered below average. .TeamOne. is a nice freestyler, but I'm not sure about how good he is at text battling. I'm going to predict that TeamOne wins here because T.r.oo.P is still acting cocky, and I think a lot of people don't really like that.

25. Raw King (0-1) vs. 26. Monsieur (0-1)

Before last week I had never heard of either of these guys before. Raw King showed some potential by bringing a few decent concepts, but his wording wasn't that good which ruined them. Monsieur posted a pretty decent verse, and with that being said, I'm going to predict him to win. I think Raw King could get better in a few weeks and with a name change, but right now Monsieur is the better text battler.

27. Tim. (0-1) vs. 28. Wicked One (0-2)

I feel kind of bad for Wicked One's stay in this league, man. Haha, his first week he gets matched up against Mets and his second week he pulls John Hensley. That's just bad luck, haha. Tim. lost last week, and his verse wasn't that impressive. He seems to be more of a topical head. Honestly, I'm going to have to predict Wicked One to win here because he finally has a reasonable chance to win and I don't think he's cool with going 0-3. Tim. could take this though, I wouldn't be too surprised if that happened.

29. Affliction (0-0) vs. 30. Yung Impression (0-0)

The same thing that happened with Rush Lingo happened here too. I didn't mean to give Yung Impression another battle on top of his Bye Week Battle with Rush Lingo, but he checked into both of them and so I'm assuming he's down for battling both of them. If not, just let me know and I'll find a replacement ASAP. Assuming there is going to be no problem, I'm going to predict Yung Impression to win based solely upon the fact that I've heard of him. I don't know if Affliction is an alias or what, but I've never heard of him.

31. Opus Dei (0-0) vs. 32. Common (0-0)

I know for a fact that Opus Dei is an alias, I just don't know who he is, haha. Common has been on this site forever, but he's never really distinguished himself as that great of a text battler. He's known more as a poetry head. With that being said, and with how good Opus Dei makes himself out to be, I'm going to him the benefit of the doubt and say that he'll win.

33. Butler (0-0) vs. 34. Faime S. Quotez (0-0)

I don't know who Faime S. Quotez is. I do know who Butler is. I'll predict Butler to win because he's good, lmao.

35. ILLiN'-TeNsHuNz (0-0) vs. 36. Nemenisis1 (0-0)

I'll predict Illin-Tenshunz to win just because Nemenisis was acting like a total herb in the sign in thread. However, Illin-Tenshunz has an herb name, so this could very well be a battle of the wack kids. I don't know.

37. Makeveli Trained (0-0) vs. 38. Precize (0-0)

I think that both of these guys are decent. Precize has been to the Championship Match of this league and Makeveli Trained is doing decent enough in LLL on RB. This is a toss up to me. Both of these guys are alright, it just depends on who's able to compile more quotables.

39. Lex Close (0-0) vs. 40. *** (0-0)

I don't know who either of these guys are, but *** has got to be an alias, so I'll predict him to win. I don't know if Lex Close is an alias or not, but if it is then I don't know who'll win, haha. Whatever.

Power Rankings

10. Butler: If you haven't heard of Butler, then you're fucking wack. He signed into this league this week at 0-0, and so let's all see what he can do.
9. So.Rell: He's 6-2 and in the Contendership Match this week, but he hasn't beaten that good of competition (not to say that that's his fault). He has a chance to put himself back into the Championship Match this week, and he needs to take advantage.
8. Pharaohe Def: Yeah, he's 1-0 in this league, but all he had to do to get there was check in to his battle. He's champed some of the best leagues on the internet, and he's planning to champ this one as well. He's up against Gopha this week, and a good verse would boost him up big time in the Power Rankings.
7. Roger Glocks: He's 1-0, but his victory wasn't against somebody who's considered that good. He may be better then some of the people power ranked above him, but it's up to him to prove it. He has a battle with a well known head from this site (Jack The Ripher) and so if he wins he'll show himself to be a force to be reckoned with.
6. N.Tavarez: Earlier in the league he made it to eh Championship Match, and now he's back with the intent of winning one. He rolled through the self proclaimed veteran, T.r.oo.P last week and this week he's up against Da Sein. I think he really wants to do well in the league, and I think he has the time to do it this time around.
5. Jack The Ripher: Dude lost to Chrit in the Contendership Match a few weeks ago, and this week he's up against Roger Glocks in a May Event battle. If he wins he'll put himself in a position to be a leading competitor. He's been posting some pretty nice verses lately, and I think he could give Glocks a run for his money.
4. John Hensley: I thought he had the best verse last week, and everybody who texts has heard of this dude. What other textcee has fucking imposters running around on other sites? Haha, dude's well known and he's a leading competitor in this league.
3. Shake-zula: Dude's took 2 wins last week after winning the LBL Cypher as well as his regular battle. He's a legend at PR, and there's a good chance that before all is said and done that he'll champ this league as well.
2. Nick Fletcher: He's gotten himself to the Championship Match and this week he's in like, 3 different battles. That could make him or break him. Getting 3 wins in one week would make him the Champion and he'd be like 8-2. If he loses all three he'd plummet back to a .500% winning percentage. He needs to go all out this week.
1. Chrit: He's the Champion of the league. He won via no show last week, but he'll remain here until somebody proves to me and to him that he's not the best here.

Outro

I hope this mag was pretty good, I spent a shit load of time on it, haha. Good looks on some more good sign ins (keep them coming), and let's keep cutting down no shows. This league is running nicely, and there should be some dope battles this week. Keep actively voting, and make the LBL Cypher active. Word. Good luck to everybody.

Last edited by Mimesis : 05-31-06 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-28-06, 03:01 PM   #2
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 2747 4E56

lol i actually didn't get to championship match. IT was match to be in the finals. ~_~ but tight mag.

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-06, 03:06 PM   #3
Magic5

Oh. They all appear to be the same to me. Whatever. WHATEVER.
Old 05-28-06, 03:08 PM   #4
J. Luth
I see dumb people

and lol @ getting battle of week. def most of been a weak weak last week ~_~

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 05-28-06, 03:10 PM   #5
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: 1A46 2126

Dopeness.......
Old 05-28-06, 03:12 PM   #6
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuL™
and lol @ getting battle of week. def most of been a weak weak last week ~_~

I know, there were some good verses, but the battles weren't too good.
Old 05-28-06, 03:13 PM   #7
J. Luth
I see dumb people

^word, oh and JTR thanks for mentioning me in battlers in this league that you respect you bitch.

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 05-28-06, 03:34 PM   #8
Opus Dei
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 8CB8 49F4

if you wanna know the alias, hit up the PM
Old 05-28-06, 03:52 PM   #9
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: 1A46 2126

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuL™
^word, oh and JTR thanks for mentioning me in battlers in this league that you respect you bitch.

I mentioned you in kids who were holding audio down for RV

punk ass muh fucka.
Old 05-28-06, 04:03 PM   #10
J. Luth
I see dumb people

what? So my text isn't good enough for you?

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 05-28-06, 04:12 PM   #11
Appocolyptik
Beginning Your Ending

IP: 0BE1 47B4

Good mag, I didn't agree with your top punches though. Hell I didn't even like my Thai line.
Send a message via AIM to Appocolyptik Send a message via MSN to Appocolyptik   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-06, 04:25 PM   #12
Magic5

Yeah, I didn't spend very much time on those. . I was doing battle reviews, rankings, and top punches all at the same time. It took fucking forever.
Old 05-28-06, 04:50 PM   #13
~Luciano~
~Break Bred or Play Dead~

Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 3C62 382D

*Wipes My Tears...Because a Textee said sumtin Mean About Me*

*Heads 2 the Studio

~~Bumpin My Musik~~
~Audio Rookie Of The Year..Ya Tha Real 1~

Send a message via AIM to ~Luciano~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Luciano~   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-06, 04:55 PM   #14
R. Lingo
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 2FC2 7ACE

edit my verse out of me and jtr's battle if you don't mind.

as far as my two battles go, i'll get back to you.. i most likely won't do both because i've got the kid this week.

dope mag, holla.
Old 05-28-06, 04:56 PM   #15
Magic5

Alright, I have to keep you in the Special Event match, but I can find a replacement for your other one. Just let me know ASAP whether you'll be posting or not.

I'll edit your verse out now.