RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-08, 08:21 AM   #16
сварливый

IP: 3D4C 1373

Yeah, I came to the conclusion also a little bit ago that gas is a supply and demand market now.

Even though gas stations are funded (100-400 thousand?) dollars to open up for the good of America, they still will fuck up the prices for the people who need the gas.

Sounds like something needs to be made illegal soon *rolls eyes*
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 09-18-08, 09:32 AM   #17
Magic5

IP: BB06 C099

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
Yeah, I came to the conclusion also a little bit ago that gas is a supply and demand market now.

Even though gas stations are funded (100-400 thousand?) dollars to open up for the good of America, they still will fuck up the prices for the people who need the gas.

Sounds like something needs to be made illegal soon *rolls eyes*

You're an idiot. Oil is, and has always been, a supply and demand market in this country. It's just people like you, who don't understand macroeconomics for shit, that try to make up some bullshit for why gas prices are the way they are.

Wrap your mind around this -- when the supply of something goes down, the price goes up. Crazy, I know.
Old 09-18-08, 09:36 AM   #18
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: F3E4 5E69

so, if the supply...never went down, and our demand never went up...why the HUGE spike in gasoline? Becuase of speculation...thats one of the biggest drivers in oil prices, so get off your own nuts n shut the fuck up.

I understand that supply n demand principle, and yes, obviously is applied to our market with oil, but speculation....is what really drives the fuck out of oil.

dont belivie, take a look @ the hurricanes, people thought that Hurrikan Gustav? (not sure what name it was...but the one before Ike) was suppose to rip up so many oil refineries n this n that.....did it? No.

Specualtion is complete and utter bullshit, its a way for people to make money, by saying bad things will happen....and yet, if nothign happens....do they get smashed? nope.

its a backward system

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 09-18-08, 09:37 AM   #19
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
Gas is only up because of the hurricanes.. Last Thursday, gas was $3.55 here. I drove by the gas station Tuesday and it was $3.99. When the Ike hit Texas, they shut down a lot of the refineries. People started panicking thinking there would be a gas shortage and starting filling up their tanks, which then caused the prices to go up. It's all supply and demand. Supply was down. Demand went up. So up goes the prices.

As for the stock market.. I'm waiting it out a bit and will continue averaging in for my mutual funds. I'm pretty sure my retirement account is getting killed right now. The chances of mutual funds going to nil is like zero, so I'm not too worried. When the market turns around, I should be good.

I didn't even read this post. Good call on gas prices man.

What kind of mutual fund do you have? Hopefully the market will turn around soon, but everybody's scared as hell right now.
Old 09-18-08, 09:43 AM   #20
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky
so, if the supply...never went down, and our demand never went up...why the HUGE spike in gasoline? Becuase of speculation...thats one of the biggest drivers in oil prices, so get off your own nuts n shut the fuck up.

I understand that supply n demand principle, and yes, obviously is applied to our market with oil, but speculation....is what really drives the fuck out of oil.

dont belivie, take a look @ the hurricanes, people thought that Hurrikan Gustav? (not sure what name it was...but the one before Ike) was suppose to rip up so many oil refineries n this n that.....did it? No.

Specualtion is complete and utter bullshit, its a way for people to make money, by saying bad things will happen....and yet, if nothign happens....do they get smashed? nope.

its a backward system

Umm, supply and demand sets the price for everything. Speculation ties in with demand. If I speculate that gas prices will go up next week, I will go fill up my tank this week. If everybody does that (like when people get word of a hurricane that could shut down oil refiniries), the price will go up this week because the demand for oil went up this week. If the hurricane actually does shut down refiniries, then the supply will also go down, causing the price to go up some more. If it doesn't shut down anything, the price will stabilize after the demand for oil starts to decrease again. Consumer speculation is a part of demand.

Speculation isn't a way for people to make money, what the fuck?
Old 09-18-08, 09:47 AM   #21
Cola
Pushin it....

lol

dude, everything is some how connected. you dont think the people who run oil comapinies dont have a hand in people who are doing the speculating?

come on Mim's....come on.

Shit, look @ the housing business and people who appraise houses. Realators were getting people to aparaise houses @ much higher costs than they were worth....which is another reason why our housing market is completely fucked.

I'm not even a big conspiracy type of guy...but i do know that things are always goin on behinde the backs of American's. N i know that people were feeding us lies about oil. Period. Even the fucking Saudi's were like....wtf are you people talking about, YOU HAVE ENOUGH OIL. Yet, price's kept going up.....hell, Saudi Arbai even found A HUGE, HUGE oil reserve.....and so did Brazil...major, were talkin, BEYOND huge.....yet, prices still go up? rofl....come on Mim's. Why? Why would they?

Old 09-18-08, 09:50 AM   #22
Magic5

Supply and demand.

That's all I'm going to say to you until you go learn what supply and demand is and how it works. The answer to why the price of anything is the way it is, is supply and demand.
Old 09-18-08, 09:52 AM   #23
Cola
Pushin it....

rofl

see, now i get how you argue Mim's. You just cling, and cling to one lil piece of information. That is connected to alot more things...but no no, lets not discuss those other things

kinda of like how your voting for Mccain, becuase of one issue, instead of viewing the bigger pictures

fuck it

Old 09-18-08, 09:54 AM   #24
Magic5

Dude, supply and demand is not one little thing.

You just told me consumer speculation is something different from demand. Your opinion means nothing because you don't know anything about the economy.
Old 09-18-08, 09:56 AM   #25
Cola
Pushin it....

rofl

says a guy who's voting for Mccain

enjoy getting your shit STOMPED in the election

n i hope he TAXES THE FUCK out of you

i pray that he pisses off everyone like you enough to leave the U.S.

so we never have to have a debate of, is Mccain on the same level as Obama.

Mccain is a fucking tool.

Maybe he should go read a book, on how to get ride of cancer

Old 09-18-08, 10:00 AM   #26
Magic5

If McCain loses, like he very well could, then. . I'll continue living my life. Hahaha, what the fuck, you make it sound like I'm out in the streets encouraging people to vote for McCain. I'm not making enough to get hit with his bullshit taxes. I only have a part time job, hahaha.

Regardless of who wins, I'm gonna be fine man. Trust me.
Old 09-18-08, 10:01 AM   #27
Cola
Pushin it....

By the way, great job by the Republican Party on buyin a private sectore businiess...

great job

defend that one...fuck head

Old 09-18-08, 10:53 AM   #28
сварливый

IP: AE80 E5E8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
You're an idiot. Oil is, and has always been, a supply and demand market in this country. It's just people like you, who don't understand macroeconomics for shit, that try to make up some bullshit for why gas prices are the way they are.

Wrap your mind around this -- when the supply of something goes down, the price goes up. Crazy, I know.

okay I'll try

Supply - Demand

The foreigners have a supply that will not be limited at any amount because of the large amount of stored oil they have. We have enough oil in our reserves to supply us with free gasoline energy in America for over 60 years. That's over a quarter of a billion people, for over 60 years, but I understand, I get you, I mean, we don't have jobs that are workin' people to go get our oil. We just stored it up and closed it off. We being not Americans and more or less just people who bought the land for oil, put pumps on it, and claimed it private property, because they want to save it for a "good time."

We're taking foreigner oil. They don't refine their own oil, the UK does it for Iran and ships it back to them so they can sell it off. Their oil is "Seemingly" limitless. Supply? I think I covered that. There are NO shortages. There isn't some amazingly smart mathematically superb Arabic FUCK sitting behind a desk all day saying "If I sell this much today I'll have .. this much tomorrow", they are STILL pumping oil from their fields. We pay for oil in price of GOLD. The companies are raping America in the ass and the same people that work in the oil companies, own oil fields in America that they won't open because then everyone will see how much they are exploiting us for money instead of treating us like Americans. Understand macroeconomics now you fucktard? You completely brushed off what I was getting at, that is that we're not paying for our motherfucking oil like how it should be. Calling me idiot because of your presumptions and one sided full glory american bullshit is just the most hilarious thing next to the fact that you'll say it again to anyone else who doesn't see a miniscule side of some craptastic story you manage to close in and label a sturdy mother fucking wall of comprehension.

Let's move on.

You're only right about supply and demand in a sense that these big corporations are looking at how many people live in an area, might use a car, and might need it next week, to decide how much they are going to charge. & they have to make some amount of money otherwise they wouldn't do it, which is why the price of the dollar comes in a big deal also. So when I fucking say that the dollar's decreased but the price of oil in gold hasn't changed, that plays a big part of what I'm getting at. It should cost 20 cents to fill up your fucking car, hows that sound assbag? Wrong? I bet it does. Vote mccain!

...you think macroeconomics is some in-circle difficult to grasp shit, it's not, it's far from, in fact it's so fucking basic that I can see through it like water, and since you think I'm trying to see through oil here then you treat me as if I don't know what I'm talking about. Try thinking a bit.. lighter next time..
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 09-20-08, 08:37 PM   #29
strobe

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 33DE 730C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
I didn't even read this post. Good call on gas prices man.

What kind of mutual fund do you have? Hopefully the market will turn around soon, but everybody's scared as hell right now.

Without looking at the account since it'd probably be a mood killer right now with the markets mostly down this month, last time I checked, it was about 35% foreign funds (Canada, Latin America, and international growth/income) and around 60% domestic with slightly higher amounts in natural gas and finance. The finance fund is probably getting killed with the Lehman bankruptcy. About one third of the account is in cash since I'm lazy and also didn't have the balls to put it all in the market at once. Kind of disappointed I missed out buying more shares earlier in the week after the market dropped 500 and then 400 points before turning around from the news of a Fed bailout.

Its hard buying more when the markets are down since no one likes to lose money, but it's tough to time when it's at the absolute bottom. So only thing to do is buy small amounts regularly and let dollar cost averaging take care of the rest.
Old 09-20-08, 09:25 PM   #30
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: E937 8533

I am gonna buy into AIG I think. I mean, it goes up at least 40% a day right now. Jump on it before it levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.