RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-07, 03:17 PM   #1
Appocolyptik
Beginning Your Ending

These chains are self imposed

IP: 5744 06EE

There comes a time in ones life when the fairytale ends, the winds stop blowing and the scorching embers of desire begin to die down. We are raised from a young age to believe we'll become rock gods and movie stars, sex symbols and meglo merchans, adored, famous and cherished by the world. We are full of confidence, amition, drive, passion and well... love. The lambs were white and pure, untarnished by the long winters and the ravage of the wolves. But as the years pass and the dust begins to quell the burning flame, we somehow begin to accept our mediocrity. We somehow begin to accept that the most we'll amount to is a 9-5 with an average wife, average kids, average pay and average lives. We lose the drive to become something more and in truth we chain ourselves with the shackles of unfulfilment. What happened to the fire? When will we realise that the exotic bird inside us is CRYING OUT to be set free and make the glorious journey towards it's destiny, towards it's native homeland where it was born to be? When will WE make that journey?

We may not consider ourselves special, hell we may not even BE special but why are we so blind to what we can become? We are like living zombies, wasting our lives behind a computer screen talking on instant messengers and posting random nothings on cheap message boards populated by like minded people who also do nothing with their lives. Sleeping, waking, feeding, walking, talking, eating, binding ourselves to the shackles of routines that shine no light at the end of the tunnel. Our ambition fades and we accept mediocrity.

When will we realise that we could become so much more? It's not a matter of living the dream, it's a matter of actually having one. So the question isn't 'when will we set ourselves free from these self imposed chains?' The question is, when will we try to?
Send a message via AIM to Appocolyptik Send a message via MSN to Appocolyptik   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-07, 03:30 PM   #2
Appocolyptik
Beginning Your Ending

IP: 5744 06EE

^That's what I posted on Elder Scrolls to see what kind of genius responses they'd reply with, luckily they didn't disapoint me.

In the space of 5 minutes I've been told that I should be grateful for my 9-5 job because there are jews living in Eastern Europe who can't even get jobs because of racial discrimination, I don't deserve my 'average wife' because I don't love her, and ifI can't accept that she's average I shouldn't be with her, I have plenty of time to book an exotic holiday in Africa if I'm so eager to go there and another one told me I should talk to someone about my mid life crisis.

Oh dear
Send a message via AIM to Appocolyptik Send a message via MSN to Appocolyptik   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-07, 05:45 PM   #3
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 8E3C C4ED

How do you set yourself free from something that doesn't actually exist, and only exists in your mind? You're already free.
Old 02-28-07, 08:20 PM   #4
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 279C 786E

^----------- have you ever done LSD before?

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily