RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-06, 12:25 AM   #1
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

Cam'ron - Killa Season

IP: 33D9 0FD8

first off i'd like to remind y'all this is my opinion of Cam'ron's latest album. I have decided to get a little harder on my scoring, being that my latest review was knocked for being "too lenient" released on 5/16, named Killa Season... [don't mistake it for the soundtrack to the not-so-smashing "Killa Season" movie] ...After Cam's Lack-luster drop in '04 "Purple Haze"... lets hope Came stepped his game up...

1. Killa Cam [ft. 40 cal] 4:01 -- Wow this is a fire intro, 40 Cal opens the album with a great verse, then the track flips modes and goes to a slower, yet harder beat and Cam'ron goes off on the track.. very good intro 8.5/10

2. He Tried To Play Me [ft. Hell Rell] 3:43 -- To be honest if i hadn't listened past about 1:45 into this track i would have written it off as trash, its slower track with some basic 2 line rhymes, with cam and rell tossing the reigns back n forth, the track is very lack-luster... but at around 1:45 into the track they add a lil beat to it and the entire face of the track is flipped... its sped up and the reigns arent tossed as often... not a bad track if you listen, but deffinately not one of the best... 7.5/10

3. Leave You Alone 3:24 -- With the Cam'ron trademark high-pitched-samples, this track is very interesting, if you listen closely you can hear beats of some of the other dipset hits, one of the more obvious is "Crunk Muzik" the vibe on this track is deffinately a good one... 8.5/10

4. Living A Lie [ft. Mo Money] 4:32 -- For some reason the sample or the vocals on this track RUIN the track to my ears, its a great track but vocals on the chorus sound straight anus... Cam's flow is nice, the beat is great, vocals is booty... 7.5/10

5.We Make Change [ft. Juelz Santana] 3:23 -- This track opens with some VERY BASIC rhymes, then flips to a quick second of what sounds like Cam's son possibly [don't quote me on that] then the track explodes, this sounds like something i would hear on Juelz's CD, Cam's flow is ON POINT. this entire track is well made.. 9/10

6. Voicemail Interlude 2:11 -- To be honest i didn't really listen to this, so i can't tell you what its about...

7. Wet Wipes 3:40 -- I'm sure many of y'all have heard this track, whether its through myspace, through limewire, or through the radio, plenty of y'all have heard it. The beat on this track is cause to many orgasms in my ears, cam's flow isnt special but it fits PERFECT with the track, the whole Wet Wipes chorus isnt like setting the world on fire but it gets the job done... 9/10

8. Touch It Or Not [ft. Lil Wayne] 3:37 -- Once again, im sure plenty of y'all have heard this track, and if you haven't, GET YOUR FUCKING GAME UP.. THIS TRACK IS FIRE! ...tha chrous is catchy as fuck, cam's flow is on point, AND Lil Wayne is on it... not to mention he straight RIPS the track, his verse is FRESH AS FUCK... deffinately a 10/10

9. WAR [ft. Hell Rell] 3:51 -- This track goes hard like no other, maybe its the fact that the hardest nigga in the game [Hell Rell, my opinion] is on the track! The track is grimey in every aspect, deffinately a solid ...9/10

10. Triple Up [ft. 40 Cal] 4:09 -- This is a string of about 4 tracks that straight go hard as fuck, the beat on this THROWED... Cam goes off on the track and starts spittin fire like a damn dragon, another solid... 9/10

11. I.B.S. 3:12 -- Okay i'm not sure if this serious or if its a joke??... basically Cam raps about him having IBS, which in my opinion is dumb as hell but if you look passed that, its not a bad track... 8/10

12. Get Ya Gun 3:44 -- The samples/info. on this track sounds cold/ are disturbing at the same time!... this by far is my favorite track on the album, it goes harder in any and every sense of the word "hard".. and the chorus is catchy 10.5/10

13. White Girls 3:43 -- The premice of this track is trash if you ask me, but a solid track is a solid track, the samples are great, vocals are great, cam sounds good, and the beat isn't too shabby, a solid 8.25/10

14. Girls, Cash, Cars 3:08 -- This is actually a song that has been out for nearly a year but its not a bad track, sounds alot like "Get'em Girls"... machine guns spits, hard beat... the math sounds like it would add up to be fire, but to be honest its not that amazing... 8/10

15. Do Ya Thing Remix 3:40 -- This track has an older vibe, the beat and the sample sound old, not a bad track. but to be honest i liked the original version of the song, the remix is ALOT DIFFERENT than the original... 7.5/10

16. Get'em Daddy [ft. Dipset] 4:33 -- If you haven't heard this song then you need to get up on it, this song goes hard as fuck, easily the 2nd or 3rd best song on the album [which is saying alot] every dipset member on the track spits a fire verse!... 10/10

17. Voicemail Interlude 2 1:13 -- once again i didn't listen...

18. Something New [ft. Hell Rell] 3:38 -- To be honest i'm not feeling this song personally, the verses arent too bad but the beat just doesn't do it for me... not bad but doesn't hold a candle to the others 7/10

19. You Gotta Love It [ft. Max B] 3:59 -- Once again im sure ALOT of you have heard this song, and know its FIRE!... although i don't agree with his idea of knockin Jay, i cant deny this is a clean track, the track has a fresh vibe from top to bottom... 10/10

20. Love My Life [ft. Nicole Wray] 3:59 -- To be honest this track feels the same as track 18, just doesnt do it for me... 6/10

Bonus Track 1 2:02 -- I think this is a preview off the upcoming Hell Rell album, it doesnt sound too bad... 8/10

Bonus Track 2 3:04 -- This track sounds like a preview of Writer's new album aswell, if this is any hint of how good it should be, then it should be staight FIRE 9/10

Overall this album is a HUGE improvement from Purple Haze, although Cam still has basic non-sense rhymes at times, its not nearly as bad.

I rate this album a 9/10. deffinately worth the $10 , or $12 if you get the special edition with the DVD. You won't be disappointed.

And i would like to reitterate what i said earlier, this is MY review of an album, it by no means is me speaking for RV or for anyothers, so if you disagree with it, then so be it, do your own review of it. Then you will see these reviews are time consuming and by no means are they dick-ride sessions.

Enjoy

Look for my review of Rick Ross' debut album "Street Catalog" which drops 5/23... featuring smash hits "Hustlin" "Chevy Ridin' High" and "Port of Miami"!!

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-06, 10:45 AM   #2
So.Rell
Mic Jordan

Text Record: 1-0
IP: EBE6 A230

Cam'Ron is garbage!

Get the Fuck out the Ring!
"When the LP Rolls Out..
The Source will be Forced to make the Quotables a Three page Fold Out" - Kno of Cunninlynguists.
Send a message via AIM to So.Rell   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-06, 10:55 AM   #3
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

....?? fuck outta here

N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-06, 10:37 AM   #4
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

ay dont sleep on this album yall

N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

Old 05-27-06, 01:54 PM   #5
Key...
You Love My Style.

Text Record: 19-2
Audio Record: 11-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 7155 B77B

Yea i cop this is cool nothin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Theresa
"Hi Key, You The Only Guy Who Took My Virginity."

Authentik Intelligence
O. Y. D.

Old 06-17-06, 11:23 AM   #6
Finalfight42
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 7BE2 A0A1

oh shit
you didn't like the last track
or
something new

gtfo
Old 06-17-06, 06:03 PM   #7
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

Text Record: 0-0
IP: B8B4 D1AE

a lot of rappers rappin about white girls now adays

e40
cam'ron
murs.....

and i know they ain't just talkin about the females...they talkin about that sniffy sniff sniff.......hahahahahhaa
Old 06-17-06, 07:59 PM   #8
ElitE LyrIcIsT
New to RV

Text Record: 1-1
IP: 3240 794D

camron aint nuttin special
he was only nice when he was wit children of the corn
Old 06-25-06, 12:44 AM   #9
TonyTone
Fuck Parents

IP: AFD0 9F86

this album's raw as fuck. i swear when i 1st got it i bumped it in my car for atleast a month

....for life
Send a message via AIM to TonyTone   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 02:09 PM   #10
Clockwork
New to RV

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 66BD 7173

I agree wit Tony on this one. A raw cd indeed!
Old 07-12-06, 03:39 PM   #11
J Summers

IP: 96F2 DF03

Dope C.d. i like track 3,7,8,9,12
Old 08-04-06, 11:44 AM   #12
Czar Bishop
Zar Bi-Shup

Text Record: 2-0
IP: 4312 793E

I might get it. Probably not but I might if I see it in Target. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
i dont liek this czar kid
Send a message via MSN to Czar Bishop Send a message via Yahoo to Czar Bishop   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-06, 12:43 PM   #13
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

Text Record: 33-18
IP: 021C 4C62

I got this..

Hated it from the very first time I played the first track

his flow is exactly the same in every track...and his ideas on production and samples is basically the same as his purple haze album and the same as Juelz latest effort

People Hate What They Can't Conquer
Send a message via MSN to Dirty Nigga   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-06, 02:59 PM   #14
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

o

N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

Old 08-05-06, 03:02 PM   #15
Euthanize.
Middle Weight

IP: 5436 00A0

the movie was cool.