RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-06, 01:38 PM   #1
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

Text Record: 4-1
Audio Record: 4-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Ludacris - Release Therapy

IP: 4269 F111

Pre-Listen : Personally I'm a Huge fan of Luda, so when I got this album (bootlegged) but none the less, I was expecting his usual format, a few club songs, 1 or 2 serious songs and a few rep your set type tracks. Maybe with some diversity here and there. Luda stays versatile though so I wasn't shure, especially after hearing alot of things on the album.

Warning (Intro) - A typical Luda intro, it has a kid talking in the beginning, the beat in the backround is pretty ill, about 30 seconds into the beat switchs a bit and Luda comes in, the rap is pretty straight, just a typical intro from Luda. Kind of Like Southern Fried Intro. 8/10

Grew Up A Screw Up (ft. Jeezy) - WHOA. This song BANGS! The B.I.G sample that's screwed kills the chorus, fits the beat perfect. This beat is straight up Banana's. Luda comes in with Ill Lyrics, fits the beat perfectly with his Flow Switchs. The first part is Ill. Then Jeezy Comes in, I don't like his adlibs for this song because it kinda takes away from the beat. But he doesn't do so bad. Luda's third verse, He snaps. He brings the whole song up with this verse. 9/10

Money Maker (ft. Pharrell) - The first mainstream single from Luda. I'll admit this song is pretty good. With his unique flow he murders the beat, and pharrell doesn't do so bad on the chorus. I'm loving the whole feel of this track though, it's upbeat and clubbish which is great. Not much else to say except that the beat is pretty good. 8/10

Girls Gone Wild - Oh Man..This Beat..I'm thinking Luda is one of the only dudes to pull this one off. It's kinda technoish/b-boy style beat. He pulls his flow nice on this one. Specially with the way the beat changes. But really this is probably my least favorite song on the Cd. Not because it's different, but because I'm just not feeling the beat so much. 6/10

Ultimate Satisfaction - HOLY Fuck... Luda Snaps...Field Mob Snaps.. DAMN! This song is probably the best on the album. The beat is Crazy, has a Lil Jon feel to it but with a 36 Mafia Swing to it. But damn. The lyrics can not be contested on this. Chevy(Smoke) KILLS It. His crazy voice and Luda-Like flow switchs off nice and keeps the whole track banging It does seem like he throws a shot at a few artists but who knows. Fleetwood(Shawn Jay), DAMN! Perfect end to the track. Kills the beat and the Sample is fucking ill. 10/10

Mouths To Feed - After Ultimate Satisfaction this is a good Calmer song, On a More serious tip, the production on this album is probably some of the best that Luda's ever had. The flow on this one is pretty slowed down, but still nice, and Luda on this album seems like he just Snapped on everything and wrote some dope lyrics for every song. 8/10

End Of The Night (Ft. Bobby V.) - A more R&B style beat on this one, what else would you expect when it features Bobby V., I like the chorus but at certain parts it seems a little off, like the beat doesn't fit Bobby to much. Luda comes in with his Freaky Thangs type swagger, Pretty funny track with the metaphors he uses. LMAO "Hey Mami Lets Get It Poppin Like Orville Redenbacher" ahh..that line just killed the song..LMAO damn.. 7/10

Woozy (Ft. R. Kelly) - Putting both the R&B tracks together had me doubtin, plus R. Kelly on it was kinda like , Eh. But damn, It's like End of the Night and Woozy are a two part track, they fit well. He keeps something like the same flow through both. Kels kills the chorus, keeps it popping, the beat is straight also. I don't know I'm not really feelin these R&b tracks on this one but they are straight. 7/10

Tell It Like Is - Oh Man, Bringin In the Serious Ludacris, I feel like this song is familiar, Reminds me of Eyebrowns down off the Chicken and Beer Album. The beat is ill, I love the claps incorperated in the back and the kick is blended nice. The lyrics are ill, talking bout Hip Hop, Police, Rap Game. Everything. He Kills This Track. 8/10

War With God - I'm shure you've heard this one, the first Single off the album that wasn't really mainstream. But Damn, hearing it again you notice how serious the beat is and the lyrics on the song are ill. The added Third Verse is ILL. He definately did right by saving that verse for the album. 9/10 I'm really feeling this song.

Do Your Time (ft. Beanie Sigel, Pimp C, C-Murder) - At first seeing the features I thought this would be kinda iffy, I mean Beanie is good but Pimp C and C-Murder I wasn't excited about. The chorus is nice I'm really feeling it. Ludacris still on the serious tip, oh man, the lyrics are Amazing actually, I'm definately Loving Luda's verse on this. Beanie, Oh man he's coming in strong, complementing Luda well and keeping his ill lyrics for tihs song. Damn. So far so good. Pimp C, hmm. I don't really dislike this, he kind of brings down the serious feel and ill lyrics, He's got a few good lines and his voice/presence is good. C-Murder, Whoa, he pulls off really good after Pimp C. Brings some pretty ill likes. Definately brings back up what Pimp C put down. Imma have to give this one, 9/10, each style is unique, and the song is just Ill. Listen to it.

Slap - Oh Man, This beat is ILL as fuck to me. The chorus is great, seems like Luda's ventin on alot of things he's gotta get off him. Talks some really serious Lyrics and his flow is Ill how he puts some of that Blue Berry Yum Yum harmony into it. He talks on Bush in a few lines, Mad respect for viewing his opinions in this song. 9/10

Runaway Love (Ft. Mary J. Blige) - Whoa.. this is Different, never really heard or paid attention to Luda on a track like this. Mary J. Blige does great on the Chorus. Luda has story type lyrics on this, I'm feeling it, first time I've really heard a story from him. Really serious track, the beat is Ill. Man this song is perfect. With Mary's harmony's and Luda's flow, and just the overall of the stories, it's just Ill. 10/10

Freedom Of Preach (ft. Bishop Eddie Lee Long) - LOL, the preacher in the beginning made me laugh a little. Funny stuff that he says. Luda comes in kinda like the intro, except this one's a little more serious, Kind of like a prayer. This tracks like he's talking to God, or rather he's Wondering about alot of questions. The chorus on this, is so nice, reminds me of Older Bobby Brown. I don't know why. After listenin to this i thought he cuold of ended it harder, but then Listening Again I realize, this is a great ending. 9/10

Alot of you may think that I over, or under rated some songs, But this is my personal Opinion. Really this is Luda's best album yet, it's so Ill, and most of the songs lyrics are ILL, just sometimes brought down by a beat or two. Or a guest appearence. Also some of ya'll might like the R&b songs More than me, but i do like them. Just not as much.

Overall Rating - 9/10

Definately One of the Hottest Albums this year, When I actually drops, Imma go buy it. Luda's hottest to me. Man He delivered.

Remember this is my personal Opinion.
Old 09-24-06, 03:15 PM   #2
Czar Bishop
Zar Bi-Shup

Text Record: 2-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: C5F5 015A

Is "Slap" where he addresses the Oprah incident? I read that he was gonna say something about it in his album somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
i dont liek this czar kid
Send a message via MSN to Czar Bishop Send a message via Yahoo to Czar Bishop   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-06, 03:23 PM   #3
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: 3A9D 1961

Jus got this, not listened yet.

Looks ill.
Old 09-24-06, 07:40 PM   #4
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

IP: 4269 F111

lol he does mention oprah like twice on the album.
Old 09-26-06, 10:23 PM   #5
Speats
Hell yeah

Text Record: 10-8
IP: 0699 18B2

sounds dope, imma buy it
Send a message via AIM to Speats Send a message via MSN to Speats   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-06, 06:18 AM   #6
chip
pain is weakness leaving the body

IP: 28D4 DD8C

Oprah? man, i'm out of it... what's up w/ Oprah?

"I don't want to be deep... I want to feel deep and use that feeling to express depth itself..."
-Konchance

my poetry:
untitled
Send a message via AIM to chip   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-06, 04:06 PM   #7
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP: E3CA 7CA2

She was beefing with Rap Artists' for a minute from what I heard.
Old 09-29-06, 05:55 PM   #8
.Eternal.
inFAMOUS

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 5043 32F4

ye then ice cube, luda, 50 started talkin shit bout her

on a oprah show she edited most of teh parts on ludacris interview. so he got pissed.
Old 09-30-06, 02:00 AM   #9
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

IP: 53B1 A5EC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushed
ye then ice cube, luda, 50 started talkin shit bout her

on a oprah show she edited most of teh parts on ludacris interview. so he got pissed.

he has a GOOD reason to get pissed though...operah was taking shots at him about being a rapper when he came on her show instead of talking about the movie that he had recentlly starred in "Crash"...she m
Old 10-04-06, 05:34 PM   #10
Da Savior
New to RV

IP: CA84 B765

i am listenin to it right now...i already heard the slap song prior to this and that song was hott as hell...this ultimate satisfaction is this funk doe...beat nice
no pump against me and the world i'm like 2pac
^^T-Rex
Old 10-05-06, 11:11 AM   #11
Zach Warden
New to RV

IP: 7861 0E05

what ive heard is DOPE AS HELL!!! Ultimate Satisfaction is probably the best song in my personal opinion.

www.soundclick.com/zwbattles
www.soundclick.com/zachwarden
www.myspace.com/itszachwarden
Send a message via AIM to Zach Warden   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-06, 01:30 PM   #12
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

IP: 72CC 197E

Ultimate Satisfaction and Grew up a Screw Up are ILL.

Ultimate Satisfaction though, Field Mob SNAP and so Does Luda. I mean shit is CRAZY!
Old 10-07-06, 07:42 PM   #13
Czar Bishop
Zar Bi-Shup

Text Record: 2-0
IP: C5F5 015A

Yeah, he was supposed to be talking about his positive acting career and she started goin PMS or somethin, talking about his violent lyrics.. bleh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
i dont liek this czar kid
Send a message via MSN to Czar Bishop Send a message via Yahoo to Czar Bishop   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-06, 03:36 PM   #14
Willa
Bann The Deed NOT The Breed

Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 6A24 77A2

pretty good album
but i think its his worse album to date

O.Y.D.
Old 10-11-06, 04:21 PM   #15
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

IP: 3C02 3538

Eh I think it has a lot of different stuff that makes it sick..

I like it better..well actually my favorite was Word of Mouf..Then This One.