RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-05, 07:44 PM   #1
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
Audio heads looking to get signed or anything close to it

IP: B73C 3D1E

Just wondering if anyone else here has ANY representation at all? Anyone here spend money to clear samples on the beats you buy? Anyone here got a distrobution deal? Anyone here have a manager? A lawyer? Anybody?

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 07:47 PM   #2
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5285 DC82

I have a lawyer,but thats simply for court shit...

I dont need anyoen to represent me. I know what I am doing. I know what i want to do with my music. adn i knwo who I am..

Im not deep enough in the game yet to be bothered with that shit, thats were raps downfall is, peopel getting caught up in the buisness side a things and forget aboutt he love for making there music.
Old 08-16-05, 07:51 PM   #3
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 1ADC A69C

so basically, all those people are to rape and pillage you one decimal point at a time...

I think u gotta respect people who know what they're doing...and Lawyers are worth the money...But, as far as that other shit, I think teaching yourself and doing things yourself is the best route.

And I also think INDIE is the best way to go.

So, when I start up my own company, I plan to study on my own and take examples from people who've come before me...ala Masta P, Diddy, Jay
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 07:52 PM   #4
leady
Addicted

Text Record: 1-1
IP: 1327 DEAD

producers allways passin me beats to work on.... plenty contacts as far as people makin mixtapes radio stations etc vgoes promoters u know... erm i am my own manager basically.... id prefer doin it myself so i know no1 dickin me around n tryna rip me off... i dnt trust nobody enuff for dat... im currently workin on a distribution deal and no lawyer.... cnt afford one LOL
Old 08-16-05, 07:54 PM   #5
the omen
tha illest

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 7BE2 A0A1

this is actually a good thread by dooms... imagine that... lol

nah, but i aint gettin into n e thing too big yet, but recently, since paypah gangs lil squad added me to their team, they get alot of plays and page veiws, so i've had a few producers throwin sum free beats at me... it's nuthin that im makin money off of yet, but 2 of the beatmakers are pretty ill, one is real close w/ b roc, he is tha one im workin w/ rite now... his soundclick is http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pag...m?bandID=257881

i'm lookin forward to fuckin w/ that cat... soon as i get sum of these tracks on a mixtape i'll be makin money... its better than jackin beats nahmean? besides that, i mean, i only been rappin for a lil over a year now, so im not expecting any major deals to fall in my lap, but i aint gonna say n e more, i'll tell more if thys shyt goes thru, i got sumn that mite do me preeeettty good in the mix rite now, should get my info by the end of this week...

[/b]
Send a message via AIM to the omen   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 07:57 PM   #6
Tha Q.
OYD

BTW, TWISTA heard me rap!

and gave FEEDBACK!
Old 08-16-05, 08:17 PM   #7
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Yo jsut cuz someone gives you free beats dosen't mean the samples are cleared. As a matter of fact, it means the opposite! You go using them and you can EASILY get sued HARD and it definitely aint' uncommon. Let a track with a sampled beat make it to the air (like most of us are aiming to do) or any other media outside of you own CD and you stand a high-ass chance of getting straight up sued hard man.

And being your own manager...how many of you guys have law degrees or even have books on entertainment law? If so, which? Being your own manager = horrible idea and how you get raped on a 5CD term on your first deal.

I'm only suggestin this because we need to A: protect our selves and B: know that majors ain't gonna fuck with you AT ALL till you get em. Shit man, that CD with the photocopied insert goes right in the garbage because they can see immediately that you aren't serious about your music. And that's coming directly form an A/R at Warner.

Omen, why are you still here? Your last buddy on this board finally realized what a waste of life you are. Take that hate shit elsewhere.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 08:26 PM   #8
Tha Q.
OYD

^^I agree with that DOoms...if an artist is going mainstream, they DEf. need representation...its like with buying a new car...the avg. person won't understand all the bullshit they throw at them
Old 08-16-05, 08:27 PM   #9
the omen
tha illest

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 7BE2 A0A1

lol, y do i need freinds on the internet forum that is rapverse? i stand alone man, only way to go... n u sir... are once again an idiot....

cuz who's to say my producers put samples in all their beats? hmmmm, guess ur still a genious rite? u have no idea what ur talkin about, quit tryin to play a&r and telling ppl what they want to hear... muthafucka... ur songs are garbage n ur gonna talk like ur sellin hotcakes... stfu...

[/b]
Send a message via AIM to the omen   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 08:29 PM   #10
leady
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday
Yo jsut cuz someone gives you free beats dosen't mean the samples are cleared. As a matter of fact, it means the opposite! You go using them and you can EASILY get sued HARD and it definitely aint' uncommon. Let a track with a sampled beat make it to the air (like most of us are aiming to do) or any other media outside of you own CD and you stand a high-ass chance of getting straight up sued hard man.

And being your own manager...how many of you guys have law degrees or even have books on entertainment law? If so, which? Being your own manager = horrible idea and how you get raped on a 5CD term on your first deal.

I'm only suggestin this because we need to A: protect our selves and B: know that majors ain't gonna fuck with you AT ALL till you get em. Shit man, that CD with the photocopied insert goes right in the garbage because they can see immediately that you aren't serious about your music. And that's coming directly form an A/R at Warner.

Omen, why are you still here? Your last buddy on this board finally realized what a waste of life you are. Take that hate shit elsewhere.

firstly UK is different to US...our scene is too small so nobody can afford to rip anybody off in our scene really but i dont trust very easy dats y i cant trust sum1 else bein manager(i mhave my reasons for it).... and rite now im only startin out... if it keeps like it is ill look into one probably untill dat time comes im my own manager... but my mates mum is a solicitor(uks version of a lawyer basically) and is allways willin to vgive advice were i need it so wenever im faced wit a contract... i read it... and afterwards let mher read it and advice me on wat to do or wat not to do..... also most producers send me beats dat arent sampled... totally composed by dem but sampled beats i do recieve... samples are allways cleared by da producer and i ask for proof aswell and follow it up in order to make sure its legit
Old 08-16-05, 08:31 PM   #11
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the omen
lol, y do i need freinds on the internet forum that is rapverse? i stand alone man, only way to go... n u sir... are once again an idiot....

cuz who's to say my producers put samples in all their beats? hmmmm, guess ur still a genious rite? u have no idea what ur talkin about, quit tryin to play a&r and telling ppl what they want to hear... muthafucka... ur songs are garbage n ur gonna talk like ur sellin hotcakes... stfu...

figures it'd take a true cockcheese liek you to try to ruin a good thread. BTW, for those of us who failed english, I asked if the samples were cleared. Not thta YOU specifically had sampled beats. Reading is fundamental.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 08-16-05, 08:33 PM   #12
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leady
firstly UK is different to US...our scene is too small so nobody can afford to rip anybody off in our scene really but i dont trust very easy dats y i cant trust sum1 else bein manager(i mhave my reasons for it).... and rite now im only startin out... if it keeps like it is ill look into one probably untill dat time comes im my own manager... but my mates mum is a solicitor(uks version of a lawyer basically) and is allways willin to vgive advice were i need it so wenever im faced wit a contract... i read it... and afterwards let mher read it and advice me on wat to do or wat not to do..... also most producers send me beats dat arent sampled... totally composed by dem but sampled beats i do recieve... samples are allways cleared by da producer and i ask for proof aswell and follow it up in order to make sure its legit

pretty healthy way to proceed considering the circumstances. Having a hookup that's a lawyer is definitely helpful - but don't forget about management. There's a big difference between a manager and a lawyer.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 08-16-05, 08:38 PM   #13
leady
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday
pretty healthy way to proceed considering the circumstances. Having a hookup that's a lawyer is definitely helpful - but don't forget about management. There's a big difference between a manager and a lawyer.

dont vget me wrong.. but she provides da advice i need in order to avoid bein fucked over and taught me sooooo much i can usually see loop mholes on my own now wivout askin or see suttin dat could lead to me bein ripped off n wat not... n like i say rite now.. im not lookin for wat manavgers usually do.. i vgot da contacts.. n am bein able to perform were i want etc and im makin my moves to vget noticed.. once im past da point of puttin da name out and lookin at recievin more money for wat i do etc dats wen ill look into a manager.... but rite now i jus dnt feel it necasary
Old 08-16-05, 08:43 PM   #14
Magic5

IP: 333B A711

My dad is a lawyer.
Old 08-16-05, 08:48 PM   #15
Castro...
QU3 M! D3$T!NO 3$ M! UN!CO 3N3M!GO

Text Record: 13-4
Audio Record: 2-2
IP: 00A2 4ED0

my sis is gonna be one