RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Mastered The Art
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-03, 12:29 AM   #1
Soul Theory
Dope Beats . . . period.

Alcatrakz (1-0) vs. Phate (1-0)

IP: 7D47 BFBD

Read the rules and the schedule.

The sample is posted. Good luck.
Old 11-03-03, 02:11 AM   #2
AlcaTrakz
Middle Weight

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 9085 E706

your dead...buahahaha...

P.S. im turnin at 3

Old 11-03-03, 08:59 AM   #3
Phate
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 9E18 D314

lol...see u at ten paces.
<B><font size=4 face="still time"><A href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/21stavenueproductions.htm">21st Ave Productions</A></font></b><font size=5> / </font><b><FONT face=gunplay size=4><a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/knockoutzcru.htm">KnocKOuTz</a></FONT></SIZE></B>

<FONT face="bankgothic md bt" size=4> Exclusive Beats for Qualified MC's</FONT></SIZE>
Send a message via AIM to Phate  
Old 11-05-03, 09:59 AM   #4
Phate
Middle Weight

Hahaha....time for u to alca up sum trackz out of town kid.

Stay With Me
<B><font size=4 face="still time"><A href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/21stavenueproductions.htm">21st Ave Productions</A></font></b><font size=5> / </font><b><FONT face=gunplay size=4><a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/knockoutzcru.htm">KnocKOuTz</a></FONT></SIZE></B>

<FONT face="bankgothic md bt" size=4> Exclusive Beats for Qualified MC's</FONT></SIZE>
Old 11-05-03, 10:31 PM   #5
AlcaTrakz
Middle Weight

One Cheeked...aka...half assed....FUCK COLLEGE! all time consuming and shit

Lo-Fi

Hi-Fi

.pz.

Old 11-05-03, 10:40 PM   #6
Syntax Mastery
Fucking Genius

IP: 586A 10A1

ok....

Alkatracz - Weird indeed... lmao... i liked the sound of the drum, but the drum pattern wasnt really inspiring me to do nothin... no sample change... short... hmm.... definetly half assed. Disappointing man, but i understand the importance of college over internet beat making contests.... no love lost at all.

Phate - Seems like it came in awkward after the intro... its clicking alot too between the sample cuts... particulary after the vocal sample it clicks HARD... simple drum pattern and melody, but it works... don't know what kind of mood would be expressed by the emcee here... hmm... i dont know about that hook part... seems awkward or off key sample wise... i can barely hear any bassline... its there but its weak or something...
the overall sound of the song is like a drum pattern with a piano hit.... work on cutting those samples cleaner man... it impoves the overall... lol@the outro... you probably could have done better just fading it out, it changed the mood instantly...

Vote = Phate.

although both beats could have definetly been better.
Old 11-05-03, 10:46 PM   #7
INsanity
Light Weight

IP: 7545 1CF5

Phate:

intro was aight i dint like the part where u cut out the bass. and that part where u kept repeating the "here" i dint like that much. the main beat was aight. The chopping was nice, i cant really comment on the mixing and quality cuz everything sounds shit in lo-fi, overall it was aight

AlcaTrakz:

very creative, the reverse sounding thing sounded live. drums nice
not much to really say i just like the way it turned out very creative wit tha sample

vote--->AlcaTrakz for the creativity but it was a close battles still

Old 11-06-03, 03:30 AM   #8
xkwest

Text Record: 0-1
IP: F7BE 971A

phate... nice chops....but i didn't feel that the drums stuttered with the same flow as the chops... so it was kinda hard to get a feel for the beat...

AlcaTrakz... iam actually liking this... this is some morbid shit... sounds something for an emcee that spits that satanic...killin' rabbits shit...lol.... this is lovely listening with that vantage point.

vote --- alcatrakz...

Old 11-06-03, 04:14 PM   #9
Soul Theory
Dope Beats . . . period.

Phate::

Feelin this. Chops could be cleaner. But over all I'm feelin this. Drums aren't bad. I like how you layered that hi-passed sample over the main sample. Pretty creative. When the vocal sample comes in, it could use some cleanin up. The snare in the sample is off with ur main drums. Hi hat's cool. I actually like the outro. But the choppin on that could use some cleanin too. You got a real good overall idea. Just work on choppin them samples cleaner.

AlcaTrakz::

*listening* Intro's cool. Damn I'm feelin this. This is my first time listenin' to it. That reverse shit sounds dope. You got my head bouncin'. WHOA, that was short as fuck. *restarts* I'm feelin the drums. GOD DAMN IT. *restarts again* Sick. Clean cuts. I think you're the only one that came with the reverse steez. *sighs . . . restarts* This was kinda half assed, but you came dope with it.

Vote - Alcatrakz
Old 11-06-03, 07:14 PM   #10
Emerge

IP: 4538 4FFB

f8- simple yet nice neutral mood simple bassline chops were a lil bit sloppy good beat nonetheless

traks-short...2shot to get a feel for it nice beat though really really creative nice bassline sweet intro...thats about it im still waiting to see wat u can do wen you really try

vote-traks

Old 11-06-03, 09:00 PM   #11
AlcaTrakz
Middle Weight

^to herbal

www.mp3.com/alcatrakz

lol

Old 11-06-03, 11:04 PM   #12
MR. LEGEND

IP: 59B4 9E9B

Phate: Ok shit is tyte...yeah you put it down this time, so what was that CRAP in the first round? Anyway Nice track, I don't think you used enough of the sample, but theres no rule for that.

Trakz: you sneeky motha fucka you! You reversed it, didn't you revers some shit in the first round? Anyway good drop was no real noticable change up though just the same shit looped over.

Vote=Phate, even though I think both yall cheated on the sample but no rules against that

Old 11-07-03, 08:35 AM   #13
Phate
Middle Weight

hahaha...ye, first round i was drunk n high when i made the beat and i thought it sounded tight. i couldn't walk, but the beat sounded tight.

Understand u'r sentiments on the sample, i mean, everything in the track except the bass n drums r frum the sample. but they're all pretty small piece that I put together to make a new track.

Concernin the outro, when i was finished the track i still had that one cut left i hadn't used so i threw it on at the end. And ye...my vocal cutting skills need work. tkz for all the feeds/votes. pc

Old 11-07-03, 08:49 AM   #14
Tha Duce
Duce I Rae

Text Record: 10-3
IP: F35B 2106

pp

[COLOR=Blue]
Send a message via AIM to Tha Duce Send a message via MSN to Tha Duce Send a message via Yahoo to Tha Duce  
Old 11-08-03, 03:22 PM   #15
Soul Theory
Dope Beats . . . period.

Alca wins (2-0)

Phate (1-1)