RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-07, 09:47 PM   #1
tornado220
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-2
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
lil Wayne Coming at Jay-z

IP: 6196 B4EE

lil Wayne Coming at Jay-z

The best rapper alive? The best rapper in the south? The best rapper between him and baby? Either way Lil' Wayne has been making waves this year from releasing the Carter 2 to being on every mixtape known to man and now recently being the latest rapper to come at Jay-Z. Now Jay has had it easy because only Cam'Ron and Jimmy Jones were the only artists getting at him... no chance. But could Weezy F. Baby be Jay-Z's greatest threat since Nas in '01, if he decides to come at him?

Well lets break this down, Weezy in my opinion is the definitely in the top-3 lyrical artists in the south and jay has never slacked on his lyrical pimpin except when nas dropped ether. Jay learned from his mistakes, and took rap in a whole new direction. Wayne is 23 now but has been spittin since 12. Weezy has so far had a flawless career even during the break up of Cash Money. Who has he really battled outside of cash money? Now him comming at hov and the clipse could be a good career move that put two parties (The Clipse and Wayne) in a position to duke it out for the crown. But is there a chance that jay could be waiting for the rapper to dig himself a hole? If this is done correctly this could be one of the best beefs since nas and jay-z... but only time will tell.
Old 09-01-07, 08:42 AM   #2
(X)eed
(X) CeEding all Expectations

Text Record: 11-18
IP: D202 7294

FUCK OFF from here you fuckin noob!

even though i hardly log onto this

(X)CeeD

Old 09-02-07, 01:20 AM   #3
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 28AD 5545

^Harsh, but you can do whatever you want since you're an '04 Vet or w/e.
Old 09-04-07, 12:13 PM   #4
don cardyac
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-3
IP: 64F8 17E4

i love jay's music but kingdom come was wack to me, compared to his uva stuff. its like he aint got that flow or swag that he used to have. plus he's a hypocrit, cuz he does erything that he gets on uva people about, especially fashion wise. but wayne is all p.m.w. with no substance. just random lyrics. wayne raps like he just wrote one long freeverse and broke it down into a whole lotta different songs. cuz its all the same stuff.

jays pros- he is an originator of the style, he's been doin' it longer and has substance.
cons- he's a biter, swagga jacker, and hypocrit.

waynes pros-he has the majority of fans these days, he's in his prime, and more people will be routing for him to win cuz majority loves a change of power.
cons- he has a lot more things to get fried about(kissing baby, gillie, stealing hov's style, etc.)

i think that jay is gonna win cuz he has so much to get on wayne about so it makes it easy, but wayne will keep his fanbase and keep growing as an artist.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=527460
Old 09-06-07, 11:07 PM   #5
Chris Stylez
Semper Fi

IP: 1921 4445

i wanna be a vet

Project List

The Classick Mixtape Vol (8/18)
Age Of Consent Mixtape Vol 1(16/16)
The Classick Album(2/16)
S&S Express E.P.(1/10)

Lot of back to back shit. Stay tuned.
Send a message via AIM to Chris Stylez Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Stylez   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-07, 02:39 PM   #6
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 3240 794D

^ you've been here for more than 2 years you're a vet. Be unnececarily harsh all you want.
Old 09-08-07, 08:04 PM   #7
Yung Juvey
New to RV

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 0589 78A1

Good Beef to me and u cant steal no ones style of rapping everyone has there own way of rapping and shit u can't jack my style but Jay-z Last album kingdom wuz alright but its not tha old hova i remember when jay-z tried to diss 50cent when he came out now look what happened....

Wayne is in his prime true enough and he's not even half done with his rapping carrer wayne is in the top lyricsts in the south including one of the most lyrical of his time age doesnt have to do with the way u rap either Wayne Might murk (Clipse) The real challenge is *YOUNG JEZZY* Jay-z Made an Good move to sign this cat from The A-t-L Alot of people dont understand him but i listen to his albums/Mixtapes. His beef with the recent (Gucci Man)) was an Glimpse ... Is Lil Wayne met his match???

Personal. Vendetta
Old 09-11-07, 12:12 PM   #8
quiet3412
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
lil

IP: 4629 C5AC

i like lil wayne. i like him better than jay-z................................................. ..........
Old 09-12-07, 12:43 AM   #9
smokedout05
Herb

IP: 80B9 77FD

Fuck Lil Wayne. Nigga is not that good. Just says some off the wall shit, some stupid metaphors, and MTV dickrydes him. So white people think he's the best.
Old 09-12-07, 01:13 PM   #10
don cardyac
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-3
IP: 64F8 17E4

jeezy is nice but he'snot all he's cracked up to be. every thing is str8 drop this and zip-loc that just like he said himself. eryso often he has some music that goes onto other topics like bury me a g and sky's the limit. but there few and far in between. waynes real challenge is either jay nas beans dbock clipse or cassidy. not sayin that hes garaunteed to win or lose but they'll just be good matches to see.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=527460
Old 10-11-07, 10:37 PM   #11
Fly-E
Addicted

Text Record: 12-6
IP: 3A82 639D

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedout05
Fuck Lil Wayne. Nigga is not that good. Just says some off the wall shit, some stupid metaphors, and MTV dickrydes him. So white people think he's the best.

U cant really say white people cus i come from a true stand point and i think wayne is a perfectionist at metaphors no one can argue that but iiii c it as i dont like wayne cus if u can make a record about money and bitches then everyone on earth should make millions k so jay has always rapped bought diff shit like the hard time money and bitches and pimpin and gangstas and life all around so no matter wat happends i honestly dont like none of them but no one can doubt wat jay has done for music soo i will go for him but i dont like none of them! And thats my opion ya dig!
Old 10-12-07, 07:16 PM   #12
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 7569 8A64

Wayne is straight. I guess you can say he's in his prime.
But he's not better than Jay when he was in his prime.
Jya is wack as FUCK now
Yall hear that Blue Magic shit? Its horrible

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-07, 04:35 PM   #13
xCadaverx
Must not Sleep; Must Warn Others

IP: 6B5E 32E0

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedout05

I know.
White people suck.

Racism and shitty music FTW.
Old 10-22-07, 04:13 PM   #14
Money Staxx
New to RV

IP: 6430 BF95

Wayne Is Not Tha Best Rapper Alive, Hov Is So Why Would He Talk Shit About Tha Person Who Birthed His Whole Style
Old 11-02-07, 02:42 AM   #15
yun-gun-6
New to RV

IP: 16BB 0A96

fuuuck.....wayne aint touchin jay at all.
real talk