RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-05, 05:44 AM   #1
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
A question to people who dont' believe in God...

IP: C98F 1FA2

Firstly, let me just clarify that i'm not a christian. Heres the question..

Did the holocaust bother you in any way? Did it bother you when a lot of africans were lynched for no reason? Does it bother you when children get molested, or women get raped? If someone close to you died, would it bother you?

If you believe there is no God, and that humans are just a complex form of slime that has evolved, then you basically believe existence is pointless... And if existence is pointless, then death and suffering means nothing.

Feel free to dispute... I might reply with my standpoint later on.
Old 11-11-05, 06:00 AM   #2
Dex
Gods Of War! -yeah im one

Text Record: 20-13
IP: BD47 2B52

thats some deep shit rite there but i think im more of a humanist -if that exists.
I believe there is good in almost everyone, and anyone that there isnt is a very lost person and has suffered in their life.

People have minds which control them if the mind is plagued so badly then they do bad things.

God is a load of bollox but i do not disrespect other people's beliefs as that is wat they are -beliefs.

Send a message via AIM to Dex Send a message via MSN to Dex   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-05, 05:43 PM   #3
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex
thats some deep shit rite there but i think im more of a humanist -if that exists.
I believe there is good in almost everyone, and anyone that there isnt is a very lost person and has suffered in their life.

People have minds which control them if the mind is plagued so badly then they do bad things.

God is a load of bollox but i do not disrespect other people's beliefs as that is wat they are -beliefs.

But if you don't believe in God, then technically you're an atheist. There is no concept of "doing bad things" or "good in everyone" because bad and good are religious ideals. Our morals and ethics would have no bearing if we were just evolved cells...
Old 11-11-05, 06:29 PM   #4
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Text Record: 22-1
IP: 3F26 CFD1

good topic..

I believe there is a God, i always have. I just refuse to pick one religion, when all mainstream religions for the most part have the same ideals, but yet it condemns you to worship another god, regardless if you follow the ideals that most religion is built on...or not

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-05, 06:40 PM   #5
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: F0DD 7D34

I dont believe in god, and i dont believe we are evolved slime.

But...
As you live along side people you do care for them, its instinct. So if something happens then you feel like shit, if there was a god that wouldnt happen...and fuck all that "everything happens for a reason" shit, thats a get out clause for when something looks impossible for there to be a god.

If there was a god...i believe people have there own godly figure inside their head which they look up to for support and can strengthen them through difficult times.

My input for now.
Old 11-11-05, 06:42 PM   #6
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubs
I dont believe in god, and i dont believe we are evolved slime.

But...
As you live along side people you do care for them, its instinct. So if something happens then you feel like shit, if there was a god that wouldnt happen...and fuck all that "everything happens for a reason" shit, thats a get out clause for when something looks impossible for there to be a god.

If there was a god...i believe people have there own godly figure inside their head which they look up to for support and can strengthen them through difficult times.

My input for now.

If you dont believe in God, but you dont believe we are evolved cells, what are your thoughts on our origin?
Old 11-11-05, 06:42 PM   #7
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

you think it's just instinct? why have instinct? Why is there a difference between right and wrong? If a higher power doesn't exist, the difference between right and wrong is meaningless.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-05, 06:53 PM   #8
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Man Band
If you dont believe in God, but you dont believe we are evolved cells, what are your thoughts on our origin?

I believe we are evolved cells, in a way, but not in the sense of slime as you used.

I believe possibly another lifeform in the vast universe made the world, and i believe they are always one step ahead thats why we can never discover it.
Old 11-11-05, 06:55 PM   #9
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-Vision

you think it's just instinct? why have instinct? Why is there a difference between right and wrong? If a higher power doesn't exist, the difference between right and wrong is meaningless.

You can work out rights and wrongs to a certain extent without spiritual beliefs.

Believing in god or not, if a friend that you grew up with gets killed, it hurts...spiritual or not.

And i would love to believe she is in a better place, a heavenly place...but i cant accept that.

When youve gone youve gone i believe.
Old 11-11-05, 06:57 PM   #10
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

You can work out rights and wrongs to a certain extent without spiritual beliefs.

Believing in god or not, if a friend that you grew up with gets killed, it hurts...spiritual or not.

And i would love to believe she is in a better place, a heavenly place...but i cant accept that.

why do we have the ability to do that though? It makes no sense what so ever...we don't need emotions to survive...that can be proven by saying look at the smaller species in life who know nothing but to survive..and they do it

Old 11-11-05, 07:02 PM   #11
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

The mind and brain are powerful complex things, combined and used effectively they cause a high level of intellect and a sense of judgement. IMO.
Old 11-11-05, 07:05 PM   #12
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

I know this, your not answering my question though. What is the point of having high intellect and a sense of judgement if it doesn't effect our ability to survive? ...if we are for one reason..and thats survival..it doesn't add up...

not to mention...you can say there is no God..because a loving god wouldn't let bad shit happen

but you can also argue...our existance would be just as pointless with A god who didn't let bad shit happen, as it is without a God at all

Old 11-11-05, 07:13 PM   #13
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

So you mean, you look up to a figure that everyday murders innocent people, causes them lifelong pain, and thats not even going near the third world countrys,

I just cant dig it mate.
Old 11-11-05, 07:17 PM   #14
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

So you mean, you look up to a figure that everyday murders innocent people, causes them lifelong pain, and thats not even going near the third world countrys,

I just cant dig it mate.

i definately understand where your comin from bro, don't get me wrong. But it's not him that does it, it's us. And the difference between a God and no God, is we are able to feel remorse, compassion, love, etc...with no God, all of that is worthless, we could kill eachother all the time, fight all the time, as lions do, and it would be nothing more than a teritorial squabble.

Old 11-11-05, 07:20 PM   #15
Compose

IP: 8985 D522

There is a god, end of story.

peace
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus