RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Emergency Help Center
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-03, 03:12 AM   #1
Concise
Middle Weight

I apologize in advance.. plz do not delete.

IP:

I just need to post this information here for less than 24 hours. My printer broke, and i need to retrieve this information tomorrow in my Government class. I apologize for posting it here, but thanks in advance for not deleting this. Ill post in here once I have retrieved it. Thanks again. Cise...

Source: USAtoday.com
Date: October 8th, 2003
Headline: Schwarzenegger readies to govern

Today, October 8th, 2003, USAtoday.com reported about new California governer-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger's first day as the states governer. Voting for the historic election was yesterday, October 7th. Schwarzenegger beat his opponent Cruz Bustemonte by larger than expected numbers. Schwarzenegger is now the leader of the nations most populated state, and the worlds 6th largest economy. Arnolds inexperience did not seem to sway voters opinions on his ability to run our state. He promised to repeal the car tax, not to raise taxes, and protect education. Schwarzenegger has already begun hiring employees to work on his staff, and has been gathering names of possible people to hire since way back in August. This article is significant because it is about a type of election that has only happend one other time in our nations history. We have elected a governer full of promises, but a lack of evidence to prove he will keep these promises. My opinon about Arnold Schwarzenegger being elected as the govener of California is that it is a horrible mistake. People are laughing at California about this election, and I believe the 'laughing' is justified. The recall was a joke, the election was a joke, and Arnold Schwarzenegger is a joke in my opinon.

Headline: Listening devices discovered in Philadelphia mayor's office

Earlier this week listening devices were found in the office of Philadelphia mayor John Street. When questioned, the FBI said that the listening devices found in the office, were in fact, part of an FBI investigation. The FBI claims that all though the devices were found in the mayor's office, the investigation is not necissarily focused on Street himself. City Police found the devices in his office on tuesday. Mayor Street had no clue that the devices were planted in his office and claims to have done nothign wrong, and know nothing about anyone in his staff doing anything wrong. When the FBI plants something like this, they first have to have approval from a federal judge. This is significant because it has to do with politics. Also when I read the article it made me think of all the stuff we have been talking about with our rights, and the ammendments. My opinion is I think that the FBI should come forward and let everyone know why they planted the devices in the office. I also think if the FBI is going to pull off shady operations like this, they should do a better job to not get caught.

Headline: U.S. raises possibility of delaying new Iraq resolution

The United States are trying to push their resolution for the Iraq situation upon the United Nations to vote. The US believes that our resolution can still be adopted, but others say that since our resolution does not have any change in our stand in Iraq, it does not guarantee a fast handover of power to the Iraqis like promised by the US. As of right now the United States and Britain are the occupying powers of Iraq. The US has been working hard to keep allies, and gain new ones. We recently got a commitment on tuesday from Turkey to send over additional troops, and the promised that if they could, they would get another country or two to participate in the Iraq efforts. This is significant because it involves our country, and the s**t we get ourselves into. My opinion is we should not be in this situation in the first place. I know I dont have and/or never had all the information our government had, but I think we should have never gone to war. We acted to quickly, and now we are paying (literally) for it.
Expressing much in few words; clear and succinct.
Quote:
aq·ui·fer n.
Underground flow of water
Send a message via AIM to Concise   Reply With Quote