RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Fresh From The Lab > Textual Releases > Poetic Scriptures
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-07, 11:53 AM   #1
Switch
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Wink "walking on concrete decorated with glass"

IP: 4655 126D

"walking on concrete decorated with glass"

inspired by poet, Kwame Alexander...

Write a poem that makes us want to dance, not just sway or tap a foot or two but get on the floor and break it down like you do in the mirror when no one is looking.............write an honest poem, with no long noses or double speak, simply whatever is in your heart because the heart don't tell no tall tales no matter what your height is..............write a simple poem, a poem written without the intention of being "deep" yet keep the shallow thinkers in their 3ft anyway...don't mind counting syllables and making sure every other line contains a metaphor, let the entire poem be a meta for life, because..life is one......write a cluttered poem, like this but make it your own, please.......
Write a poem who’s momma taught him manners, cause curse words don’t make a “powerful poem”, i could say FUCK YOU in three hundred forty one ways without saying FUCK YOU.t h a t
s
power........write a poem about loving men for being women, God made it so that they need us, and we do need them as much as we write poems swearing we don’t because we’ve been hurt by girls, we're lying-refer back to the top of this poem where i spoke of the honest poem (thank you).......write a poem praising the poets, not the "these poets are fake poets" poem, because who are YOU to say who's "real" and have you looked in the mirror lately? Can you
stand
to?
three
seconds I say you'll last.
Sit down
and relax........write a poem about living in the burbs because i doubt everyone who writes about the projects has slept in one. It's ok to be well off...come
on-let us hear about it so the children who's streets are bloody know that isnt all there is to life. write a poem. write a poem about your child's mother as much as you hate her justtt because she risked her life to birth the future. Give her a more deserving name then "baby momma" or "bitch" once you think about what that term says about you. and does that make your child a puppy? ha, Im just sayin....Write a poem that takes us to another place besides places visited through movies. Travel the world or take pieces of your imagination, make them into meals, and give us bites without being stingy! PILE IT UP!......write an easy poem. a complex poem. Just write a poem for freedom and not feedback....for calming someones soul to the point where their hands are too relaxed for them to meet and offer you applause to feed
your
ego.

write a poem for you, then write a poem for the little girl with no hands. Fold it, Place it between her teeth, and watch her feet find their way to her mouth as she unfolds the paper with her toes that also serve as her fingers. Be grateful and Give Thanks.....then write a poem about good fathers, write a poem about good mothers, better yet- write a poem about good parents who are still together..................write a poem that rhymes

while skipping lines

and spilling your mind

...just let the poem lose it’s chains, it feels better........write a poem that makes us smile or laugh, not no sissy giggle, make us piss our pants and not care who sees! ………write a poem not borrowed or rented, own your poem, even if the mortgage is high and don’t miss payments……..write a Winter poem and make it hot, write a Summer poem and make it so cold that our nipples poke through sweaters……..write a poem that’s bold and wears lots of make up, not a shy insecure poem hiding in between the lines of the page hoping nobody hears his screams……write a poem for the kids who dance in subways for change.literally……and see none, write a poem about “change gon’ come” then work-so it does………….write a poem about how good those chicken cheesesteaks are and make everyone want to order 8 of them without counting carbs!……dare to write a poem about GOD, that doesn’t say He doesn’t
exist.
You suck. Write a poem that proves me wrong and make the subject be pink pantyhose…..write a poem about Bush without mentioning him hiding behind one. I already did that, be original………freestyle a poem like this and then take your own advice, like im taking mine……….write a poem that makes me want to steal it and bury it beneath my heart so that it stays beatin ILL poetry…..write a poem of sorrow and dig so deep that the ink smears from your tears kissing the paper while you’re writing it

* new sheet *

……..write a poem about poems and appreciate them. Write 2million or two. Write a poem about you. And be proud. And be comfortable. With your own pen. And give all the other poets back theirs. And then smile.
And then call
Yourself
A poet. See who picks
Up.
Help?
…nah, You’ll never need the operator
…once you dare to walk on concrete
decorated with glass
without caring that you’re
bleeding.
...now go write
a poem.

Switch (The Poet)

"Cry havok and let slip, the dogs of war"
-William Shakespeare

"Before you judge someone remember...
Amateurs built the arc, Professionals built the Titanic."

-Unknown

Links:
http://www.myspace.com/switchthepoet
Send a message via Yahoo to Switch   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-07, 11:44 AM   #2
chip
pain is weakness leaving the body

IP: 960E 56C5

wow... this is the greatest piece i've ever read... written in blank verse, so no criticism or anything on specific rhym or meter, because there is none... thank you for sharing this with me man, this was definitely worth the minute and a half to read it all...

"I don't want to be deep... I want to feel deep and use that feeling to express depth itself..."
-Konchance

my poetry:
untitled
Send a message via AIM to chip   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-07, 07:37 PM   #3
Switch
New to RV

Exclamation

thanks for the feed. im a poet. always have been. published actually, but thats niether here nor there. i write for me not others but when others can feel what i write it makes it all worth while....again thats for reading my work....
make sure to read the others i have posted, they are just as good...

Switch (The Poet)

-William Shakespeare

Amateurs built the arc, Professionals built the Titanic."

-Unknown

Links:
http://www.myspace.com/switchthepoet
Send a message via Yahoo to Switch   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-07, 01:54 AM   #4
Journal!st
Above Originality

IP: 3BAC BEF8

this was a new and fresh way of poetry man..you came witha nice concept and a great deal of how to get it exposed man your own writing in this spoke nicely and calm with a meaning behind it.. your emotion showed greatly man nice job i think this was a great piece man keep it up....thank you for hte enjoyable read.
Send a message via AIM to Journal!st Send a message via MSN to Journal!st   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-07, 12:02 AM   #5
Switch
New to RV

thanks for the feed man....

Switch (The Poet)

-William Shakespeare