RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-05, 06:10 PM   #1
~Lady Fiya~
~*Duchess of Metaphors*~

Audio Record: 3-0
Thumbs up R. Kelly: TP3 Reloaded

IP: 07A8 D079

1. Playa's Only feat. The Game**
---An uptempo club track... you can get any female to jump up and dance with you on this one. R. Kelly's verses are pretty basic (it is a club track!)... The Game's rhyme scheme is just like "This How We Do". It's all about how the Playa's going to be the ones leaving the party with the ladies.
Chorus:
"Playas only.. we where them chicks be shakin they bodies
up in the club where they getting naughty
take him from here to the private party
(where there ain't nothing but)
Playas only.. where them playas be spendin a lotta doe
honeys got ass bouncing on the floor
this how we do behind the Playa's Door"

2. Happy Summertime feat. Snoop***
---Laid-back beat, definately something you can hear during the summer. It has an old-school feel for it. R. Kelly's just talking bout how he want to kick it with a female on a typical summer day. Snoop's style on this track resembles his Beautiful and Let's Get Blown songs. Lyrically, not the best but still a feel good song.
Chorus:
"Drop top in the summertime...
and I'm rollin down thru block with the sun shining
and I, I just wanna ride, I just wanna ride..
Go to the mall then i hit the gym..
then a pool party get sum chicks for a swim.."

3. Sex in the Kitchen***
---Slow beat with waterdrops and nice smooth bass... R. Kelly's talkin bout how a female's cooking in the kitchen and he tempted to have sex with her in their. He uses a lotta imagery in this song. Examples: "Cutting up tomatoes, fruits and vegetables, and potatoes.. girl you look so sexy while you doing the damn thing, girl i want you.." and "Girl, I'm ready to toss your salad, while makin love Girl, I'll be feasting you". Talking bout having sex in the kitchen is pretty creative (as a whole song). The chorus is addictive and compliments the beat very well.
Chorus:
"Sex in the kitchen over by the stove
put u on the counter by the butter rolls
Hands on the table on your tippy toes
(Girl) we'll be makin love like the restaurant was closed"

4. Slow Wind****
---Slow beat again here, a Reggae type song. Chorus is addictive. He talking bout how he adores this Jamaican female and telling her to "wind" for him aka dance for him. He describes the way she dances and how he pictures her. The beat is so tight in my opinion, nobody can outdo his work on this beat. This is soon to be a classic. This the type of song to put any female in the mood if nothing works this will. It's hypnotizing and you feel it running through your veins when you hear it, leaving you no choice but to express yourself. My favorite song on the CD.

Chorus:
"Would u wind for me?
Slow wind for me
Would u wind for me?
Slow wind for me

Would u wind for me?
Slow wind for me
Would u wind for me?
Slow wind for me"

5. Put My T-Shirt On (White Tee R&B Style)***
---Slow song again, very soothing and relaxing... I think R. Kelly put this right after Slow Wind because he figured you'd have sex on that one. Because this one starts talking bout how his girl wakes up from sex wearing his T-Shirt and seeing her in it was making him want to give her another round.
Chorus:
"T-Shirt, Girl i love to see you with my T-shirt on
after we just got done hitting it in my home
(Baby this is what i want to do)
I wanna sex you in my white Tee
Stroke you in my White Tee

T-Shirt, Girl i love to see you with my T-shirt on
after we just got done hitting it in my home
(Girl this is what i want)
Lemme get over in that White tee
Lemme hit it in that White tee"

6. Remote Control****---This is yet another slow song... but good news it's a hit. The beat reminds me of his old song "Naked". He sounded like Maxwell and Bilal the way he sung this one (whispering the song a little). The song is similar to Usher's "Dot Com". You know how Usher related a computer to sex? Well, R. Kelly relates the Remote to sex. It's pretty creative. Quotables: "If you get lost just press the guide.. and i'll lead you to your destination" and "... cuz you want me to go down and push the power button."
Chorus:
"I'll be your remote..
touch me, turn me on..
make me sing a song
put me on slow

Baby push into
now fast forward
Girl u got me programed
...under your control"

7. Kickin' It With Your Girlfriend****
---Relaxed beat, not as slow as the others were but still a calm and collective beat. R. Kelly's talking bout how his girl introduced him to her friend. And he actually fell in love with her friend and has been with her. Now he has to confront his original girlfriend and tell her about it all. He did a really good job saying how a guy in that situation would tell their girlfriend in a situation like that. I like listening to this although, i never been a situation as such. It's maybe my second favorite on the CD. Quotables: "And the truth is we don't even regret it.. up out the closet, I will be the first to say it".
Chorus:
"I been kickin it wit you girlfriend (Oh)
What am i gonna do? (Oh)
Cuz God knows I really didn't mean to hurt you
I know it's bogus
but i felt that you should know the truth
I fell in love with her the moment we were introduced
and I just know that's it time for this lil' secret to end..
Baby i been kickin it wit your girlfriend"

8. Reggae Bump Bump feat. Elephant Man**
---Another club type track. Lyrics pretty elementary, when i say elementary.. I mean pre- pre-school... That's what took some points away from the song. The beat is addictive and Elephant Man's voice and style was great for this.
Chorus:
"R. Kelly:
Like it when your booty go (bump bump)
Girl make your booty go (bump bump)
How you make your booty go (bump bump)
You got a lotta junk in your trunk

Elephant Man:
Girl shake your booty don't stop, stop..
Turn it over, make your booty pop
Girl shake your booty don't stop, stop..
Make it clap (clap), clap (clap), clap (clap).."

9. Touchin' feat. Nivea***
---Slow song... A love track talking bout sex but mainly about enjoying the one you with by touchin'. Nivea's angelic voice with R. Kelly's romantic voice is a hit alone, the beat is an asset. This song is calm and collective, not a ballet, but their vocals shine on this beat. But anyways, they are singing to each other back and forth about how it's okay to show their love for one another.
Chorus:
"Both
Let it go, Let it flow
It's alright, It's ok
Put it on me
(Nivea: Baby i don't mind if you take off my clothes)

Both:
Let it go, Let it flow
It's alright, It's ok.
Put it on me.
(R. Kelly: Girl you can be loud no one will know)

Both
Let it go, Let it flow
It's alright, It's ok
Put it on me
(R. Kelly: Girl sing it to me, Nivea: Baby we can take our time)

Both
Let it go, Let it flow
It's alright, It's ok
Put it on me
(Both: So let's keep on touching baby. (Let's keep on touchin baby))"

10. Girls Go Crazy feat. Baby**
---Club Track! This is officially R. Kelly's brag track. LOL. He talking bout how he can pull females because he got good game. The beat is tight. Just hearing the beat alone would make you want to dance. He raps in this song, which is not his expertise. Baby is just as bad in this song. But they seriously just wildin out in this song. Once it gets played in the clubs, no one pays attention to the lyrics. Yeah, it's one of those songs. But still decent a lil' (CRAZY)!
Chorus:
"Pull up in my whip and the girls go (Crazy)
Went to the club and the girls go (Crazy)
A sip of Hypnotic and the girls go (Crazy)
Put the cut on and the girls go (Crazy)

Pull down my pants and the girls go (Crazy)
Roll it around and the girls go (Crazy)
A stroke of the (oh) and the girls go (Crazy)
All I wanna do is make the girls go (Crazy)"

11. Hit It Til the Morning feat. Twista and Crucial Conflicts****
---This is a strictly Chi-town song. You might not get what they talking bout if you not from Chicago or familiar with some of our common terms. Twista raps and sings, yes he sings.. For a little while, tho. They talking bout how they got a female and how they chill with them, then brag about what they will do in the bed. I like the song, not because of the lyrics, but the beat. And the fact that it stands out as a Chicago song. Call me biased if you want, but now i switch this to my second favorite song. *Listens again.*
Chorus:
"Til the sun comes up..
yo can i hit it til the morning, I'll be sexin u up
until the sun goes down..
we ride, get high, get drugs, we ball, we back

Til the sun comes up..
yo can i hit it til the morning, I'll be sexin u up
until the sun goes down..
we ride, get high, hit clubs, we ball, we back"

12. Sex Weed****
---R. Kelly won't stop with these slow songs. But guess what? There's good news and bad news with this song. Good news first: It's another hit, you can tell he put something extra into this to make it different from the previous ones. Bad news: The song ends... Yeah, that's the bad news. R. Kelly's relating sex to weed and other drugs. Creative if you ask me. It can get people in the mood to making love. You can slow dance to this one minute, and the next you'll be kissin' someone.
Chorus:
"Girl, u got that sex weed
...I just wanna hit it
All the time,
sex so good that it gets me high

Bring that homegrown to me
Girl you got that fly weed
Light it up,
lemme take a puff of your sex weed"

13. (Sex) Love is what we Makin***
---Slow song, another hit... final slow song. He hitting them notes easily on this one. He talking bout sex again.. Yeah, I know it seems like all he talk about is sex on the CD. But hey, he does.. good thing bout this track, it's not repetitive lyrically with exception of the chorus. The chorus is addictive and draws you into it.
Chorus:
"Sex.. in the morning
Sex.. in the evening
Sex.. in the noon day even when we sleeping
Sex.. on all the holidays and every single weekend

Sex.. in the morning
Sex.. in the evening
Sex.. in the noon day even when we sleeping
Sex.. on all the holidays and every single weekend"

14. Burn It Up***
---Club track... type = reggaeton.. i'mma sucka for reggaeton music and anything that can be played in clubs at the islands.. If you like Daddy Yankee's Gasolina song, then you'll most likely like this track. You can easily dance to this and get in touch with your hispanic side. Just listen to the music.. there's a special guest. Thought I was gonna tell y'all who was on this track? Nope.
Chorus:
"Burn it up..
Girl make it hot like the roof is on fiya
Burn it up..
Girl the way you dance you're my one desire

Burn it up..
Girl I don't care if the whole place burn down
Burn it up..
Burn it up, burn it up."

15.-19. Trapped in the Closet***
---I don't know one person that hasn't heard this song. But for those who haven't the beat is slow but story-type because this is a story in Chapters. The beat can get annoying after listening to it for a while. As far as creativity, it's gets mad props. Track 15 starts where R. Kelly wakes up in another females bed and has no choice but to hide in the closet because her husband makes it home. And he doesn't want to get caught. I'd rather not tell the rest for those that haven't heard. But he gets out the closet and all hell breaks loose. It's an interesting story full of lies and mystery. You have to listen to every part to see how the story unfolds. The end is what I'm not feeling, but the story that leads up to the last one is straight.
There's no chorus for this. Just a full story with characters.

*Aight track, can get annoying if heard too many times
**Pretty decent.
***Tight
****Hot ass track.. can listen to for hours. Nice beat as well.

Best Song:
Hard Decision because all of these are hits. But one that I can listen to forever is
Slow Wind.

I give the Album a
9.8/10.0
Definately a must have, if you don't get any other R&B CD, then just get this one. It's hot. You can play the CD straight through with no problem.

Last edited by ~Lady Fiya~ : 08-09-05 at 11:13 PM.
Send a message via AIM to ~Lady Fiya~ Send a message via MSN to ~Lady Fiya~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Lady Fiya~   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-05, 06:30 PM   #2
J.D
One Mic

Audio Record: 2-3
IP: 38B5 0CC0

i aint hurd this shit yet, i mite hav 2 cop it actually from what you've sed. gud review.
Craig david's my fav r n b artist though, he got sum sick shit
Old 07-30-05, 05:13 PM   #3
Sixth Sense
Banned: For Being So Fly.....lol....my new account is Triple Sixes....

IP: 0D11 88C9

wack review heere try to explain the tracks so if we wanna buy it.......

STARTING 2MORROW I WILL BE TRIPLE SIXES THATS GON BE MY NEW ACCOUNT SO THATS ME AIGHT CUZ IM SO FLY......LOL
Send a message via MSN to Sixth Sense   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-05, 11:15 PM   #4
~Lady Fiya~
~*Duchess of Metaphors*~

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 07A8 D079

^happy now? I took a lotta time, and came up with that. Now read it all and go buy the album.
Old 08-10-05, 11:03 AM   #5
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 1-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: EF25 E8E6

eh....from a guy's point of view... this is prolly his worst album... he's done so much better on his other albums... why he would say this is his BEST work is beyond me... there are maybe 3-4 songs that are actually worth listening to...i skipped over almost half the album... still...trapped in the closet is the shyt... and i hear there are more chapters coming...to be continued.....

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-05, 07:03 PM   #6
noname
Coming to Kill you All

Text Record: 43-20
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 1A17 2D2F

9.8/10....damn....that surprised me.....i thought the album would be ite...but damn...9.8..

But..I neva heard it...and probably neva will...
Send a message via AIM to noname   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-05, 09:55 PM   #7
[-SKepTiK-]
New to RV

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 86E6 7791

da album is pretty nice

i like burn it up good reggae ton track...and i like da 5 parts

<form>
<select >
<option>Wins(0)
</select>
</form>

<form>
<select >
<option>Losses(0)
</select>
</form>
Send a message via AIM to [-SKepTiK-] Send a message via MSN to [-SKepTiK-] Send a message via Yahoo to [-SKepTiK-]   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-05, 11:59 AM   #8
Krooked
New to RV

IP: 80DF 55CD

i like the album its nice still...i coped that awhile ago styll listen to it.