RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Audio Assistance
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-03, 05:34 PM   #1
DisGangsta56

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
I have alot of questions

IP: AE53 D6EB

i think i might start makin beats but when people try to explain to me what to do they say all this shit and i dont kno wtf they talkin about. so please answer these qeustions for me.

whats MIDI?

what are samples?

whats the difference between a drum machine and a sampler?

whats a loop?

whats the analog??

whats digital?

what are the best kind of drum machines?

is there a difference in a synth and a keybord?

what can you do with a synth?

and thats it
Old 09-08-03, 06:05 PM   #2
Phate
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 9E18 D314

whats MIDI? Musical Instrument Digital Interface: Basically midi is like electronic sheet music. a midi file can hold the notation for several instruments. when you play a midi file using windows media player it reads the notes for each instrument and then uses sounds stored in your sound card to play the music.

what are samples? shorts clips of audio from other recorded works. like if u cut out 30 seconds from a piece of classical music u would have a sample.

whats the difference between a drum machine and a sampler? a sampler cuts out the 30 second clips from another peice of music. a drum machine allows u to build your own drumbeat from scratch. most drum machines have a variety of Kicks (bass drum sound) snares, high hat's, etc...from which you can arrange a custom beat.

whats a loop? say u set up your 30 second sample to play continuosly. in other words as soon as u got to the end of the music it started playing from the beginning right away. this is refered to as Looping a beat. since most rap beats have a looped sample you will often hear of rap beats refered to as Loops.

whats the analog?? someone else want to take a shot....

whats digital?someone else want to take a shot....

what are the best kind of drum machines? don't know much bout these, ask someone else

is there a difference in a synth and a keybord? assuming u mean the hardware version of a synth - not really

what can you do with a synth? a synthysizer contains 100's of instrument sounds. basically like a huge orchestra. so u can create melodies using any instrument.
<B><font size=4 face="still time"><A href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/21stavenueproductions.htm">21st Ave Productions</A></font></b><font size=5> / </font><b><FONT face=gunplay size=4><a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/knockoutzcru.htm">KnocKOuTz</a></FONT></SIZE></B>

<FONT face="bankgothic md bt" size=4> Exclusive Beats for Qualified MC's</FONT></SIZE>
Send a message via AIM to Phate   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-03, 08:42 PM   #3
xkwest

Text Record: 0-1
IP: F7BE 971A

man.... seriously though.... some of those words are so basic that becomes hard for someone to explain because its just common knowledge.

its like... if just bust out and ask someone, "what's a T.V."; most likely the first response would be, "huh... fuck is wrong with you, a T.V. is a T.V."

but seriously though.... all the information you'll ever need about music is here; there's even a section about sampling....
and you'll pick up knowledge right away from just reading...

and those definitions you listed.... some of them can easily be found on an online dictionary... such as m-w.com

for example.... the word digtal

relating to an audio recording method in which sound waves are represented digitally (as on magnetic tape) so that in the recording wow and flutter are eliminated and background noise is reduced

basically that means... when sound its self is replicated through 0's and 1's ..... the same way the operating system your using this very moment is composed of 0's and 1's...

i almost forgot to give you the link

check this site....

http://www.studiocovers.com/