RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Turntablism
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-05, 11:56 PM   #1
PeRsEvErAnCe
Flyweight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
I Make Beats, But I'm New School

IP: 8209 ABAD

Jea, so waddup. I make beats!. I don't scratch tho. I was brought up in a different society of music. Unlike Dj Premier, 9th wonder, and jus blaze... i didn't grow up around break dancing and graphiti. I grew up listenin to hip hop in it's newer forms. I do like scratching sounds, oldskool ones at least. not all da new cuts and stuff dat people have been doin. I have a turntable, it's a direct drive. I use it for sampling tho, and jus like a dj.. i have over 1000 vinyls. There just not new music. do i don't know how to blend. Wat am i tryin to get to???, The question is.. is hip hop dying? Now adays there's less sampling, and hardware that automatically blends music. where are dj's now adays? not around like they used to. I would like to have a dj or two join our crew. I'm tryin to bring new music to the game, but hip hop still has to have it's originality. if anyone can step up to the plate wit killer scratches dat are to the point. then hit me up. i have hundreds of beats that u can use for scratch practices and stuff. well thx for reading this. but i had to inform u people, i've met producers who don't even know how to use a turntable. so jea... we need to step this up. pz
Old 08-22-05, 12:45 AM   #2
New Meth0d
Bow Chicka Bow Wow

Text Record: 14-0
Audio Record: 6-2
IP: FEFC E273

word i agree. and now the age of the d-dj's are coming. basically turntablism is like a star. when its about to die it gets really big first. in the past 5 years turntable sales have soared. and now they are about to sink, because of the new digital technology. i would post up some scratch sessions but i dont have rane, or other devices that allow me to record my scratch sessions. anyway its good to see heads like you still exist
Send a message via AIM to New Meth0d Send a message via Yahoo to New Meth0d   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-05, 11:00 AM   #3
PeRsEvErAnCe
Flyweight

yo.. i got a program that u can record ur scratch sessions wit. it's called cubase sx. i use it for all my vocal recording. all u do is put ur mixer's output to ur pc's line in or mic in. and it'll record. u can record anything u hook up to the mixer. includin turntables. hit me up if u need a copy.
Old 08-22-05, 11:04 AM   #4
New Meth0d
Bow Chicka Bow Wow

Text Record: 14-0
Audio Record: 6-2
IP: FEFC E273

word that would cool, you got aim or somethin...anyway heres my email- new.method@gmail.com ohh and could i essentially do the same thing with cool edit pro 2.0
Send a message via AIM to New Meth0d Send a message via Yahoo to New Meth0d   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-05, 12:54 PM   #5
PeRsEvErAnCe
Flyweight

jea, u can do the same thing with cool edit. my aim is happyguysam, but... my name aint sam. lol. everyone asks, so i tell them in advance now.