RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-06, 08:07 PM   #1
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
Kids

IP: 07E5 1B4C

Terumoto: For
Apexx: Against

The reason I'm against having kids is that it's 2006. The age where one can raise a child in a world where they have a fair chance or can be the best they can be is long gone. Big corporations have a vested interest in every concievable fraction of your life which overrules their concern for your best interest. It's common place to see a known poison concealed as a treat, and they rake in the billions upon trillions by keeping you ignorant to that fact. Disease, pollution, and premature death are at record highs and rising linearly with corproate profits. This morbid symbiotism is no coincidence.

Additionally, the world today is teeming with sickos. Even if one were to somehow overcome the barrage of deception from the corporate beasts, at any given moment of any given day your child could be stripped from your life only to turn up nude and discarded in the tall grass beyond a highway guard rail.

These are just a few of the abundant reasons why having children in this day and age is not what it used to be and unquestionably not what it should be. Anyone with a genuine heart and eyes beyond blind idealism would care far too much for their unborn to bring them into a world so cruel.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Last edited by Apexx : 08-01-06 at 02:55 AM. Reason: got terumotos name right
Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-06, 08:11 PM   #2
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 0B90 96F9

This world is great. If you were really that concerned, you could just move away from the city.

But people don't care, or are too dumb to notice. It is a foolish thought to think you can raise your kid how you want, I agree. Buuttt... We still gotta have kids man.
Old 07-31-06, 08:27 PM   #3
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
This world is great. If you were really that concerned, you could just move away from the city.

But people don't care, or are too dumb to notice. It is a foolish thought to think you can raise your kid how you want, I agree. Buuttt... We still gotta have kids man.

Leaving 'the city'? are you implying that living in the wilderness is a solution? and I do think the world is great, i just think it's no place to raise kids in. if you agree with my point of view then we have no debate.

but there's no reason "we still gotta have kids" in this day and age other than someone's need to serve their own vanity and ego. I mean name one practical reason to have a child today.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-06, 08:33 PM   #4
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
Leaving 'the city'? are you implying that living in the wilderness is a solution? and I do think the world is great, i just think it's no place to raise kids in. if you agree with my point of view then we have no debate.

but there's no reason "we still gotta have kids" in this day and age other than someone's need to serve their own vanity and ego. I mean name one practical reason to have a child today.

Living in a rural town would be a better place to raise kids. You could give them your own conditioning, rather than them be conditioned how the world wants them to be.

To continue the human race?

Although, I bet you theres nobody who has kids thinking "Yup. I'm doing my part for the human race right now." I think the most common reasons are "omg omg kk lets make a little you and me, it will be so COOL. And we can give it a name and everything!" or "My bloodline must go on. I must live on, but I can't so i'll have a child, thats the next best thing." or "What do you mean you're pregnant?"
Old 07-31-06, 08:44 PM   #5
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Living in a rural town would be a better place to raise kids. You could give them your own conditioning, rather than them be conditioned how the world wants them to be.

ironically enough, the sickos i was reffering to lurk in the suburbs. That's where the bulk of fatal sexual offenses against youths occur. rapes and other violent sexual offenses seem to gravitate toward cities.

Quote:
To continue the human race?

Although, I bet you theres nobody who has kids thinking "Yup. I'm doing my part for the human race right now." I think the most common reasons are "omg omg kk lets make a little you and me, it will be so COOL. And we can give it a name and everything!" or "My bloodline must go on. I must live on, but I can't so i'll have a child, thats the next best thing." or "What do you mean you're pregnant?"

the world is 35% overpopulated, i think it's safe to say that you could never have a child in your life and the human race would be pretty safe. the other reasons you listed i think we both agree, are vanity fueled.

so once again, name one practical reason to have a kid in this day and age.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 07-31-06, 09:04 PM   #6
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Yeah but what are you proposing? That some people stop having kids, and others continue? A law on who can have kids and who can't?

I bet you that shit will happen in the future. You'll need a parenting license or some shit to have a kid.
Old 07-31-06, 10:00 PM   #7
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Yeah but what are you proposing? That some people stop having kids, and others continue? A law on who can have kids and who can't?

I bet you that shit will happen in the future. You'll need a parenting license or some shit to have a kid.

what you're describing already exists in China and India in a more crytic form, but that's no where near what I'm proposing. I'm proposing that one uses their own logical discretion intead of feeding their idealistic ego.

but I do recall asking you a direct question no less than twice and still haven't gotten a direct answer. name one practical reason to have kids in this day and age.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 07-31-06, 10:06 PM   #8
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
what you're describing already exists in China and India in a more crytic form, but that's no where near what I'm proposing. I'm proposing that one uses their own logical discretion intead of feeding their idealistic ego.

but I do recall asking you a direct question no less than twice and still haven't gotten a direct answer. name one practical reason to have kids in this day and age.

Practical reasons are stupid.

Name one practical reason for living.
Old 07-31-06, 10:26 PM   #9
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

^^ooohh now practical reasons are "stupid" lmao, sounds like a white flag to me. i thought your point of view for having kids was hinged on substance but apparantly it isn't lol.

a practical reason for living? to accomplish the things you can only do through living, namely to ignite your DNA, refresh your memory and awake the inner god to fulfill a purpose bigger than being a slave to materialism. practical enough for ya? *puts OMB in the cobra clutch*

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 07-31-06, 11:03 PM   #10
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
^^ooohh now practical reasons are "stupid" lmao, sounds like a white flag to me. i thought your point of view for having kids was hinged on substance but apparantly it isn't lol.

a practical reason for living? to accomplish the things you can only do through living, namely to ignite your DNA, refresh your memory and awake the inner god to fulfill a purpose bigger than being a slave to materialism. practical enough for ya? *puts OMB in the cobra clutch*

Well other than that one reason which is barely even a reason that I mentioned before (continuing humans), there is nothing. That's the only reason. I understand you aren't arguing that people should stop having kids, because if everyone did then the human race would be kaput. With what you're referring to, there is no practical reason.

Is that really a practical reason for living?

OK, so we dont end up in completely different places, i'll grab a quick definition for practical:

1. Capable of being used or put into effect; useful.
2. Intended to serve a purpose without elaboration.

So a use for, or meaning of life. "to accomplish the things you can only do through living, namely to ignite your DNA, refresh your memory and awake the inner god to fulfill a purpose bigger than being a slave to materialism."

Mkay. Igniting DNA, useless. The next part is interesting though. Become enlightened and fulfill a bigger purpose than being a slave to materialism. You mean sort of live your life, go about your business, slowly and steadily become detached from material things and then maybe one day after you've finished preparing you'll become a buddha?

And what after that? What is your purpose after you awaken? You said to fulfill a bigger purpose, so before I can keep raving on I need to know what that purpose is. Please, tell me, what is the purpose of a buddha? (Don't say to enlighten others.)
Old 08-01-06, 01:03 AM   #11
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Well other than that one reason which is barely even a reason that I mentioned before (continuing humans), there is nothing. That's the only reason. I understand you aren't arguing that people should stop having kids, because if everyone did then the human race would be kaput. With what you're referring to, there is no practical reason.

okay so now we're phasing into a new topic?

I believe that's a wrap then sir, the debate is over, seeing as that was the original purpose of this discussion. Definitely been fun.

For shits and giggles I'll go into the second topic since the first is over.
Quote:
Is that really a practical reason for living?

OK, so we dont end up in completely different places, i'll grab a quick definition for practical:

1. Capable of being used or put into effect; useful.
2. Intended to serve a purpose without elaboration.

So a use for, or meaning of life. "to accomplish the things you can only do through living, namely to ignite your DNA, refresh your memory and awake the inner god to fulfill a purpose bigger than being a slave to materialism."

[quote]
Mkay. Igniting DNA, useless. The next part is interesting though. Become enlightened and fulfill a bigger purpose than being a slave to materialism. You mean sort of live your life, go about your business, slowly and steadily become detached from material things and then maybe one day after you've finished preparing you'll become a buddha?

igniting your DNA isn't useless, it's the doorway to the other steps which couldn't occur without it. And no, becoming unfettered by your material desires isn't the sole purpose seeing that balance is key. the point is to not be a slave ot them, that's different from removing them from your presence. this of course is irrelevant, in this context, to becoming a buddha, though that would be one of the many channels to this process.

Quote:
And what after that? What is your purpose after you awaken? You said to fulfill a bigger purpose, so before I can keep raving on I need to know what that purpose is. Please, tell me, what is the purpose of a buddha? (Don't say to enlighten others.)

what's wrong with enlightening others? you make it sound liek a bad thing. i think you're asking something seperate to what I'm talking about. but the purpose of a buddha specifically is infact to enlighten and inspire others while in his physical life. in his/her after life they become the mass of energy known as karma or life force where they can make far bigger differences, jsut as your deceased loved ones manifest as spirit guides for your family.

BTW, my definition of "practical" is the every-day usage, which is: Level-headed, efficient, and unspeculative.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 08-01-06, 02:12 AM   #12
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Ah I see.. What sect of buddhism would you consider yourself part of or your beliefs most similar to?

In zen (it's major Taoist influences not to be ignored), a man who awakens in the morning can die without any regret or second thought in the evening. Enlightening others is done by people going to them, not them going to people, and it would not bother them if nobody came to them. The great Taoist sages didn't even like teaching, because in fact they have nothing to teach. A buddha in zen actually has no purpose. The very essence of it is it is the religion of no religion. Sure, they DO teach but it is not their purpose.

There is a zen poem by basho that conveys it quite well.

Old pond,
frog jumps in
- splash
Old 08-01-06, 02:54 AM   #13
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Ah I see.. What sect of buddhism would you consider yourself part of or your beliefs most similar to?

truthfully none. I use the teachings of buddhism selectively to suit my needs pertaining to enlightenment, i don't suscribe to buddhist hindu-philosophy.

Quote:
In zen (it's major Taoist influences not to be ignored), a man who awakens in the morning can die without any regret or second thought in the evening. Enlightening others is done by people going to them, not them going to people, and it would not bother them if nobody came to them. The great Taoist sages didn't even like teaching, because in fact they have nothing to teach. A buddha in zen actually has no purpose. The very essence of it is it is the religion of no religion. Sure, they DO teach but it is not their purpose.

There is a zen poem by basho that conveys it quite well.

Old pond,
frog jumps in
- splash

That's all well and good but buddhism is pointless without being selfless. The entire point of enlightening one's self and ascending is to help ascend others. Spreading enlightenment is part of raising the general awareness, which is why monks take in students. If what you are saying were true, there would have only been one buddha.

I think you're taking far too great of a stoic view on buddhism. that only applies to suffering, not to the purpose of existance.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 08-01-06, 02:56 AM   #14
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

BTW, this topic has strayed into the "irrelevant zone". we came in here to debate the discussion of having kids or not having kids. a discussion you layed down.

anything else?

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 08-01-06, 03:38 AM   #15
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Hmm, well im not really that passionate about that kids thing, and I basically agree with you on it. Like I said, im neutral when it comes to having kids. I dont desperately want to, but I wouldnt mind if I did. I was just arguing "for" for the sake of the argument. lol -_-

Quote:
truthfully none. I use the teachings of buddhism selectively to suit my needs pertaining to enlightenment, i don't suscribe to buddhist hindu-philosophy.

That's all well and good but buddhism is pointless without being selfless. The entire point of enlightening one's self and ascending is to help ascend others. Spreading enlightenment is part of raising the general awareness, which is why monks take in students. If what you are saying were true, there would have only been one buddha.

I think you're taking far too great of a stoic view on buddhism. that only applies to suffering, not to the purpose of existance.

No, you've missed the point. Being selfless? That is showing loving kindness and compassion to sentient beings, not preaching. I guarantee 99/100 people you preach to wont give a shit about what you're saying at all. The Buddha himself said not to waste your time in companionship with a fool. Also,

64. If a fool be associated with a wise man even all his life, he will perceive the truth as little as a spoon perceives the taste of soup.

65. If an intelligent man be associated for one minute only with a wise man, he will soon perceive the truth, as the tongue perceives the taste of soup.

If somebody really wants to attain enlightenment, they will do it themselves. You can help them if you want, but its not the purpose of enlightenment at all. If it was, enlightenment would be as useless as the next material object. There is a story of a man who was very wise, that decided to write commentaries on the sutras so that he could help other people become wise also. I can't remember the exact turn of events, but something happened to him and then he became enlightened, and he burned all of his commentaries that he had spent over 10 years writing. He said "Compared to what I have attained, these writings are a fine hair in this entire universe, nothing more than a single drop in the vast ocean."

To look to the future, hoping some day that you will be enlightened and you will be wiser than everyone else, so much so that you can help them... Is pointless. That's just your conditioning kicking in. "Things will be better later on." They won't.

The purpose of enlightenment is to have no purpose.