RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-05, 05:23 PM   #1
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

Louis Logic - Sin-A-Matic

IP: FBB7 7949

A lot of you don't know about this cat, but some of you may...seeing as how SPuL provided a link to d/l the album in Hip Hop Talk. Although I've only been listening to him for about 5 days now, he's already considered, in my regards, one of the dopest underground MC's I've ever heard. With that said, let's get to the review.

1. Sintro - Just a quick warm-up for the album. Some good lines, feeling the instrumental. Overall this one-verse track has a sort-of "I Don't Give A Fuck" feel to it. 8/10

2. Street Smarts - Great production by J Brown on this track, he does pretty much the whole album. Lou comes off hard from the jump, explaining how a lot of dudes think they're tough shit but lack sensibility. He's got an awesome flow on this, not slipping off beat for a moment. But you'll find out the whole album is like that. Already in the album I've found one of my favorites. 9.5/10

3. Freak Show - Quirky beat on this joint, but the lyrical content improves it. He spits about life in the suburbs, aka "The Freak Show". Stories are told in this track about the fact that even in an area that seems so well-rounded, there can be some outrageously weird people living there, lol. 8.5/10

4. Celph Hatred (feat. Celph Titled) - Just a short skit with Celph talking shit to "all you pussies".

5. Diablos (feat. Celph Titled) - Angry beat provided by I believe Celph himself. It's just perfect for the angry lyircs these two throw out here. Just some hardcore shit, I think Celph may have actually outshined Louis on this. 8/10

6. Dos Factotum - The mood is slowed down for a moment, and Lou spits in a laid-back style...about his blossoming alcoholism. Somewhat of a story in here, but mostly just a topical track. 9/10

7. Coochie Coup - If hearing the word "Coochie" makes you giggle, then you're gonna laugh your ass listening to this one. Although I don't share the same sense of humor as far as hearing sexually explicit lyrics, I thought this was a very well-crafted track. The topic - what else - sex...kinky sex, lol. This song has lost some value to me however, 'cuz I'm sick of people always singing along with the chorus and laughing like little girls. 8/10

8. Postal - Ever had one of those days where you just don't enjoy being at work? Well you're not the only one. The snare-heavy instrumental gets eaten up by lyics about slacking off, getting grilled by the boss, and eventual retaliation. Nice beat switch halfway through, too. 8.5/10

9. Mischevious - Up-beat, almost Eminem-esque instrumental. Lyrics are the same style also, as far as content and rhyme scheme go. This one's packed full of what a bad example for kids is. It's even stated in the chorus "Warning, take caution, keep out of children's reach". 8.5/10

10. Halfway Stretch (Sinterlude) - A much different rhyme style than the rest of the album. Instrumental is decent, Lou's lyrical display isn't that great either. But hey, not like it's an actual track. 7/10

11. Best Friends (feat. Apathy) - Ahh, the conversational-style...one of my favorite concepts in hip-hop. The whole track is a convo between Lou and Apathy, about how trust and loyalty in friendships can be lost when certain factors are involved. It ends well...well, it doesn't end yet... 9/10

12. Revenge (feat. Celph Titled) - ...this is where it ends. The sequel to "Best Friends", same concept too. Except this time Lou's counterparts are Celph and some other dude who wasn't credited. Anyways, another stellar story, with some good twists. 9.5/10

13. Fear Weather Fan - Incredible instrumental on this track, from a few different points of view. This covers it all - the die-hard fan, the skeptic, and the artist himself. Great delivery also, as 1st verse is in the form of a post on a forum, and 2nd verse is an AIM convo. 9/10

14. The Rest - Love the contrast between the beat and lyrics on this. A light-hearted feel on the track, full of happy-go-lucky mysogony. Yeah it seems weird, but Lou pulls it off well. 8/10

15. The Ugly Truth - This is the track I have so long been waiting for someone to make. Lou airs out the negative sides of the diversity in America, not just racially but religiously as well. 4 verses, each on a different issue. NOT FOR THE EASILY OFFENDED. If you can make it all the way through, you'll understand it all at the end. Don't wanna spoil it though. 9.5/10

16. Idiot Gear - Ever make the mistake of asking your girlfriend about her ex-boyfriends? Then this one's for you. A fast-paced track, over a highly enjoyable instrumental, about how guys can get curious about their partner's past experiences...and then over-react when they find out, and regret they asked in the first place. 9/10

17. Dust to Dust - An intriguing story, with good attention to detail, about a man who got too ahead of himself and fell for a promiscuous woman who didn't love him back. The mood is lifted a little, thanks to the amusing interlude between verses. Beat switches up and the story finishes up with another conversation. 8.5/10

Bonus Track - This one is on the same track as "Dust to Dust", but about 30 seconds after it ends. I think it may be called "The Drunked Dragon" considering that's Lou's nickname in the underground hip-hop world. Another track about alcohol abuse, with yet another masterful production job by J Brown. A great end to the album. 8.5/10

Overall, this album is an underground classic. Not a perfect 10, but still impressive to say the least. In addition to Louis Logic's great punchlines and story-telling ability, his multi game is incredible. That seems to be his basic shtick, as he works it on every track. The thing is, though, that he keeps everything on topic.

Overall Rating: 9/10
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 08-30-05, 05:27 PM   #2
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 2792 2130

WORD!!! this shit is ill. Idiot gear and Micheiovous are my jams.

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-05, 01:24 AM   #3
Lay-z
HAHAHAHAH!..i onno

Text Record: 0-1
Graphics Record: 5-2
IP: 1D2D 3134

Dope Ness..i checked it afeter i saw Spul post something sayiun his name..very good MC..

GFX Record
52-8-39KO

Send a message via AIM to Lay-z   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-05, 05:56 AM   #4
Sik Wit It

IP: 59A2 1C71

If it's that good, I might as well look for that shit then...
Old 09-05-05, 01:15 PM   #5
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
IP: 377B FB0C

^I'll send it to you yo.... shit is ill..... I'd have a sig wit the dude, but he too ugly.

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-05, 11:23 AM   #6
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: 14F6 545E

Upping this so people will peep and go grab the album.
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 09-08-05, 05:12 PM   #7
the omen
tha illest

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 3240 794D

revenge is tha best song on here...

[/b]
Send a message via AIM to the omen   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-05, 09:05 PM   #8
Cocaine
Blow Me

Text Record: 31-5
IP: 963B DD50

The Ugly Truth is dope.. i been listening to Louis Logic for a while.. if ya'll wanna hear a dope song Download The Hook By, Apathy,Majik Most, Celph Titled,Cray-Z Walz,Louis Logic
Old 09-09-05, 08:55 AM   #9
KriZ
Middle Weight

Text Record: 1-3
IP: 352B 2918

ima cop some of those songs........................werd
Old 10-08-05, 10:12 PM   #10
taelor
Flyweight

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 2B10 C5A0

neva heard of him but tha album seems tight.......
Old 10-11-05, 10:39 AM   #11
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

*ruins the end of the ugly truth*

Its george bush talking.
Old 11-02-05, 01:19 PM   #12
Ghost_Emperor
Flyweight

Text Record: 2-1
IP: 2457 0B46

ahhh... coochie cup brings back memories.

Anno Domini Beats
Send a message via AIM to Ghost_Emperor Send a message via MSN to Ghost_Emperor   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-05, 05:54 PM   #13
Magic5

IP: BFB2 BC54

I'll probably download this when I get time. Dope review.
Old 11-10-05, 09:37 PM   #14
noname
Coming to Kill you All

Text Record: 43-20
IP: 0574 5533

You rated this too high..
Send a message via AIM to noname   Reply With Quote