RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-05, 11:16 AM   #1
Sixth Sense
Banned: For Being So Fly.....lol....my new account is Triple Sixes....

Kanye West - The college Dropout

IP: 473F 6D42

Track 1-Intro of a Principal sounding guy asking Kanye to do a song for the kids not a song so no rating

Track 2-Kanye agrees with a song that is not in anyway uplifting, the hook starts "All my people Druuug dealing just to gey byyyy..." It's a pretty good song 7.5/10

Track 3-Principal guy is pissed off and proceeds to cuss out Kanye another skit

Track 4-Powerful song with female singer, sounds like Lauren Hill its called "It All Falls Down". Kanye has a little watered down Mos Def lyricism, decent story, one line that caught my ear was "She couldn't afford a car so she named her daughter Alexis (A Lexus)" one of my favorite tracks on the album it has light comedy and he delivers his message well, 8-8.5/10

Track 5-A little mini intro, it sounds like a kinda new orleans jazz type mini song. Basically just used to move into the next song, decen placing but again no rating for skits.

Track 6-Alright this joint is called "Spaceship" kinda an abstract joint, i never really enjoyed the lyrics too much but the beat is hot and the overall feel of the song is good. He lays out his pain on it and proclaims he's tired of waiting and he wants to get a spaceship to come pick him up and take all of his troubles away. again i never really liked this joint but still decent, 6/10

Track 7-A lot probably know about this one, called "Jesus Walks" another one of my faves offa the disc. The beat is great and it sets up the ambience for the song perfectly. Lyrics are on point, he kinda shows off Jay-Z syndrome, making shit sound hot but look wack on paper. But a real hot song nonetheless another good message one line that caught me "Well if this take away from my spins, which will probably take away from my ends, then i hope it take away from my sins, and bring the day that im dreaming bout, next time im in the club everybody sreaming out, (Jesus Walks!)" 8.5-9/10

Track 8-Another one of my faves off the album it features Young Hova, with a heart string pulling first verse this one is called "I Get Up I Get Down" i believe. Jay spits his effortless laid back style and Kanye has his best lyrics of the album soo far. One line of Mr. West's that stood out was "I cant complain what the accident did to my left eye, cause look what a accident did to Left Eye, first Aaliyah now Romeo Must Die?..." another was "It'll take more than coupons to get us saved, just like it'll take a lot more than doo-rags to get u waves" very good song, great sample, and another very good beat, 9/10

Track 9- This one featuring Talib and Common rounds out probably the best succession of songs back to back to back on the album. Great beat and Kanye starts his verse spitting swiftly a capella "My flow...is in the pocket like wallets i got the bounce like hydraulics, i can't call it i got the swerve like alcohooooooolics" His second verse is also strong, Talib does a decent verse and Common has a barrage of witty lines that finishes the song. 9/10

Track 10-Some chicks are talking about a workout plan that has them in all the music videos and the one chick that has it says she'll hook the rest up for "Free 99." another skit

Track 11- This one is appropriately called Workout Plan i think and Kanye instructs girls how to get in the videos by doing things from various exercises to giving head. His flow is very good and as is the case with most of the album the actual song and how it sounds is better than the lyrics or the beat or hook, it sounds hot basically when nothing alone is that great. 8/10

Track 12- Slow Jams, this is a different version though with an Al Green sample in the middle, You've likely heard this song, 9.5/10

Track 13-Another of my faves (I know there are a lot) He has Luda on the hook and it sounds hot, Kanye's flow is hot once again, lyrics are hot with little things like "First nigga wit a benz and a backpack" "I always said if i rap i'd say something significant, but now im rappin bout money hoes and rims againnnnnnn" "Even though i went to college i dropped outta school quick, but i always had a PHD a pretty huge dick!" i give it about a 9/10

Track 14-Hilarious skit about this guy who finished college but he's a nerd, its too hard to describe, very funny almost makes me waanna rate it but u honestly have to hear it, no rating.

Track 15-School Spirit, another great track good wit, great beat great sample, hot hook, its a very catchy song and very soulful, Kanye spits it so effortlessly it sounds hot, as if he were just playing with the words litterally, one line that stood out was "...yeah thats my Kappa style, and i aint even pledge, cracked my head on the steering wheel and i aint even dead" 9/10

Track 16-Same guy from track 14 talking again about how great college is and how he spent his whole life learning and getting degrees and he ends saying "But you know what buddy? when i die, u know what'll keep me warm? thats right, those degrees!"

Track 17- "Little Jimmy" the guy from skits 16 and 14's son Is saying how all he has is his father's degrees and how he's homeless and how his father stole his degrees.

Track 18- This one is called 2 Words, another banger this one has Freeway and Mos Def, hot concept of just spitting 2 words and describing why u chose em, hot flows, hot lyricism, dope beat, very good, 8.5/10

Track 19- Through the Wire, again most of u have likely heard it.9.5/10

Track 20- Family Buisness, very good song, its very soulful. he's spitting about his family and some things that happen at family outings, very warm, a play to your mom type song, 9/10

Track 21- Likely the best on the album Jay begins by saying "Fuck You Kanye" incredible beat, Kanye spits his rise to fame and ends with the line "Im killing emcees on that lyrical shit, push mayonaisse benzes call em miracle whips" Dope song and after the verses he talks and tells the story of all the events that lead up to him signing with rocafella, 10/10,

STARTING 2MORROW I WILL BE TRIPLE SIXES THATS GON BE MY NEW ACCOUNT SO THATS ME AIGHT CUZ IM SO FLY......LOL
Send a message via MSN to Sixth Sense   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-05, 10:54 PM   #3
*<^>BluPrint<^>*
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 28AD 5545

Is Diamonds Remix ON There I Dont No Jayz Verse In That Is Crazy. And I Want To Get The Cd That That Is On.
Old 06-29-05, 12:07 PM   #5
Kajal
Flyweight

IP: 508E 2DA7

this is my favourite album ever. theres not one song on the whole album i don't like. can't wait until late registration comes out.
Old 06-29-05, 12:47 PM   #6
Kajal
Flyweight

IP: 508E 2DA7

stop doing that, or you'll be banned.
Old 06-29-05, 03:09 PM   #7
B To The D
Nt Your Average

Text Record: 24-5
Audio Record: 3-1
Graphics Record: 4-1
IP: 172F FFE2

im buying this album thnx for review
Old 06-29-05, 03:56 PM   #8
Murdah.txt
Get Stomped.

IP: B9C8 78D0

kanye is fukkin dope i copped this soon as it came out late regestration will be fukkin sikkness
Old 06-29-05, 08:55 PM   #10
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

IP: 7171 290E

^ i got 10 tracks of late registration.......it fuckin suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...only 3/7 tracks were hott..........his themes are played from his last album, beats sound same [kinda like em n 50].......college dropout is wayyyyyyyyy better

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-05, 11:34 AM   #11
Phillyhaze69
New to RV

Text Record: 0-4
IP: CE85 86D9

kanye college dropout the shit fuck yall who say it not cause ton of rapper rap about there raise to fame!!
Old 07-14-05, 11:33 AM   #13
Gangrene
New to RV

Text Record: 1-1
IP: D57B 2A05

I felt the best song was Through the Wire.
All falls down was hot too. I like when he started off the third verse like:
" I say fuck the police, thats how I treat em
We buy our way out of jail, but we can't buy freedom
We'll buy a lot of clothes when we don't really need em
Things we buy to cover up what's inside
Cause they make us hate ourself and love they wealth
That's why shortys hollering "where the ballas' at?"
Drug dealer buy Jordans, crackhead buy crack
And a white man get paid off of all of that'"
Old 07-20-05, 09:44 PM   #15
Thassarap
.The Movement.

Text Record: 3-3
IP: 1F18 A80F

props on the review

here's a tracklisting:
1. Intro
2. We Don't Care
3. Graduation Day
4. All Falls Down - (featuring Syleena Johnson)
5. I'll Fly Away
6. Spaceship - (featuring GLC/Consequence)
7. Jesus Walks
8. Never Let Me Down - (featuring Jay-Z/J-Ivy)
9. Get Em High - (featuring Talib Kweli/Common)
10. Workout Plan
11. New Workout Plan, The
12. Slow Jamz - (featuring Twista/Jamie Foxx)
13. Breathe In Breathe Out - (featuring Ludacris)
14. School Spirit Skit 1
15. School Spirit
16. School Spirit 2
17. Lil Jimmy Skit
18. Two Words - (featuring Mos Def/Freeway/Harlem Boys Choir)
19. Through The Wire
20. Family Business
21. Last Call