RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-05, 02:45 PM   #1
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

Notorious B.I.G. DUETS: The Final Chapter

IP: 7171 290E

Notorious B.I.G. DUETS: The Final Chapter
1. Intro - Intros, who needs'em, basically some Jamaincan introduces Biggie, nothin' big.

2. It's Been Said [ft/ Diddy, Eminem, Obie Trice] - Starts off with a great verse by Eminem, the anger in his voice combined with the beat makes for a great combination. The melodic flow of Obie Trice sounds perfect on the beat, the beat is obviously a Shady production. Then it starts, Diddy comes out with a chip on his shoulder, confronting people who think Biggie's death has made him a star and that it was all good for Diddy. This Track obviously lets out a few things Diddy had to air out. 8/10

3. Spit Your Game [ft/ Twista and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony] - This swizz beats production sounds great, the Biggie sample used on this track sounds great, the flow is perfect. The chorus is a little over played in this track, but it's catchy none-the-less. Twista's part in this track is minimal, and the Bone Thugs sound a little out of place on this track at first, but then they start to go back to their old melodic ways. 7.5/10

4. Watchu Want [ft/ Jay-Z] - The beat for this track is sorry in my opinion. but wouldn't you know it, Hov drops a verse and rips the entire track, to shreds. Jay-Z owns the track, Jay-Z most deffinately out shined Biggie's part on this track.
8/10

5. Get Your Grind On [ft/ Big Pun, Fat Joe, and Freeway] - The vibe on this track is clean, this is a ride-out track deffinately. They use a hard-but-slow Biggie sample on this track and it sounds perfect. Freeway sounds PERFECT on this track, especially on the chorus. Then the Punisher gets ahold of it, the sample they used of him sounds PERFECT aswell, this track in my mind is flawless.
10/10

6. Living The Life [ft/ Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, Faith Evans, Cheri Dennis, and Bobby Valentino] - the beat itself is unappealing, but the guitar strings on this track sound great. Biggie's verse itself isn't anything too special, but the features on this track really make the track, every single one of them sounded great
8.5/10

7. The Greatest Rapper [Interlude] - Biggie's son talks on his father..

8. 1970 Somethin' [ft/ The Game, Faith Evans] - I LOVE THIS TRACK, this is truly Biggie, Game said it best "if Biggie was here today, this is what it would sound like.." this track is truly something special, Faith Evans on the chorus, Game spitting a verse, Biggie, the beat, it all makes for a truly perfect song.
10/10

9. Nasty Girl [Diddy, Nelly, Jagged Edge, Avery Storm] - This track is somethin' straight outta the 90's, except that Jazze Pha Made it, its not a bad track, but nothing makes it great.
7/10

10. Living In Pain [ft/ 2Pac, Mary J, and Nas] - The track opens up with a great verse by Biggie which goes great with the 50's-Mob Gangster-Beat. Mary J on the chorus sounds great, her voice goes great with the beat. Then 2Pac hits the track with a hard-ass flow. Nas comes in with his everyday spit-the-truth-like-no-otha flow, dude sounds great on the track. Very well made track
9/10

11. I'm With Whateva' [ft/ Lil' Wayne, Jim Jones, and Juelz Santana] - This sounds like a cookie cutter Dipset track, shit is fire, Weezy spits a great verse, Juelz Santana sounds tight, Biggie sounds clean, Jim Jones...well Jim Jones is there for tha hard factor (we all know that nigga can't rhyme for shit).
9/10

12. Beef [ft/ Mobb Deep] - OMG, let 50 Cent, Game, Nas, D-Block, let all them lil' niggas here this track. And all the otha lil internet niggas who think they hard but aint. This track is the truth, Beef is no rhyme shit, beef on tracks is not beef, "..beef is when yo' mom aint safe in tha streets""beef is when I see you, guaranteed to be in ICU" this shit isn't a game, Mobb sounds great on this track with their gutta flow.
10/10

13. My Dad [Interlude] - Biggie's daughter speaks on her father.

14. Hustler's Story [ft/ Scarface, Akon, and Big Gee] - HANDS DOWN, BEST TRACK ON THE CD. Biggie speaks on the high life of uh thug wit cash. This track has the feel of all Akon tracks, like Soul Survivor. Scarface sounds great with his weathered-veteran-rhymes. but the really shocker is how much Big Gee out-shined them all, he sounds PERFECT on this track, his voice, tempo, everything sounds great on this track.
11/10

15. Breakin' Old Habits [ft/ TI and Slim Thug] - This Track has the feel of any great TI track, tempo is perfect, all the verses are on point, beat is perfect, this track is a great listen. Deffinately another ride-out track.
9.5/10

16. Ultimate Rush [ft/ Missy Elliot] - I'm not sure about this track, its appeal is minimal at best. Missy doesn't sound great AT ALL. Biggie's verse is eh. I dont know what happened in the production of this track...
5/10

17. Mi Casa [ft/ R.Kelly and Charlie Wilson] - This track is great, has the Carribean feel to it, with R.kelly's great voice. Not to mention Charlie Wilson always has and always will sound great. Biggie sounds great on this track aswell, this track is deffinately very good.
9/10

18. Little Homie [Interlude] - Lil Cease speeks on his homie biggie, and how Biggie rep'd BK to tha fullest.

19. Hold Ya Head [ft/ Bob Marley] - OMG, when i first head this song i fell in love, Gong opens the track with one of his great vocals, then it flips to a hard-ass beat where Biggie fucking rips it, he goes off and totally owns the track. the track is GREAT
10/10

20. Just A Memory [ft/ The Clipse] - Beat on this track is clean, Pusha and Malice sound out of place but great none-the-less. Biggie's vocals are anything but bad. This track is SOLID
8.5/10

21. Wake Up [ft/ Korn] - im totally confused by this track, it doesn't fit AT ALL, sounds like something David Banner or Lil' Jon would do, not Biggie. this track could possibly be worst or 2nd worst track on the CD. They were obviously trying to do something that was out-there and that could possibly bridge the gap between rap and rock...well they failed.
2/10

22. Love Is Everlasting [Outro] - Biggie's mom speaks on her son..

FINAL WORD[S] - This CD is a MUST HAVE, go out to Target or best buy and buy this shit, you will not be disappointed. Biggie fan or not, you will deffinately appreciate how much of a piece of ART this album is.
9.5/10

Tha King is back Niggaz

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-05, 02:55 PM   #2
ksr
Middle Weight

Graphics Record: 11-4
IP: 6CD3 124B

yea this a real hot album
better than life after death or born again prolly
only thing i dont like is how biggie's verse on spit your game is the exact one from his othe collabo with bone thugz, notorious thugs
Old 12-26-05, 03:45 PM   #4
High-Dro
Non-Convicted Rapist

IP: 9E0A BAC8

why the hell did you bold random things?

Send a message via AIM to High-Dro Send a message via MSN to High-Dro   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-05, 04:27 PM   #5
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

Because it makes him look ill.
Old 12-26-05, 06:25 PM   #6
ksr
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cu cullian
****yawns lol i wonder y******

lol wuts that sposed to mean
it's not the same song, n there must be some other verse by big that they coulda used
Old 12-26-05, 06:50 PM   #7
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

IP: 7171 290E

the random bolding = to add emphasis and key parts to the summary dipshit...niggaz these days

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-05, 11:00 PM   #8
High-Dro
Non-Convicted Rapist

IP: 4461 951A

you bolded so many things that it go to the point where it no longer emphasized those points. if anything, the unbolded words stuck out better

Send a message via AIM to High-Dro Send a message via MSN to High-Dro   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-05, 01:32 AM   #9
GeDa Beast
Middle Weight

IP: E31F A042

it was a good review.
thanks
Old 12-27-05, 01:53 PM   #10
BigTony.Self

Text Record: 13-4
Audio Record: 2-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 3619 728C

this album would have been alot better if they remixxed biggies verses over new beats and left all the wack collabs out

Bringing back the oldschool hiphop
Old 12-27-05, 04:39 PM   #11
Also Known.

Text Record: 14-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 4459 3A56

what happened to goin back to cali game woulda been perfect on that but anyway good album 9.3/10

THE TRUTH IS I'M BETTER THAN YOU
Send a message via AIM to Also Known.   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-05, 01:31 PM   #12
Cocaine
Blow Me

Text Record: 31-5
IP: 28A8 B6DC

ehh i just got this yesterday.. and im pretty pleased.. the Hold Ya Head track is amazing.. i also like Spit Yo Game... i disagree with u on alot of ur ratings tho.. the Korn song.. as much as i dont like rock.. i thought was done well with the industrialized sound.. and biggie sounded tight on the beat with his deep ass voice... i just didnt really appreciate the Korn parts.. but.. they weren't bad for being rock..
Old 12-28-05, 09:43 PM   #13
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: DD80 C79E

This shit is horrible. Just buy Biggie's old albums and you'll get the same lyrics with better production and no wack ass samples fucking up the choruses.
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 12-28-05, 09:58 PM   #14
ksr
Middle Weight

i've been listnin to it more n this is mos def my favorite album of the year
livin in pain is the best song i've heard in a while, cant get any better than pac, nas, n biggie on the same track... not to mention how perfect mary is on the hook
Old 12-28-05, 11:41 PM   #15
Abraxas
Bonecrushing Nigga

Text Record: 14-3
IP: 6C86 175E

Fuck A CD get an Ipod
Nuff Said...
Weerd!!

...Paramik Fuckin'...

...Owns You!

||RVS Text Champion||
Send a message via AIM to Abraxas   Reply With Quote