RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-06, 01:21 PM   #1
Paranoid
The Paragraph President

Audio Record: 2-1
Other music

IP: 2372 BC06

Yea do y'all listen to more then just rap or hip hop. I got back into the old blues music my paps listens to like for one Johnny Cash, he probably my favorite just cuz my dad named me after him. But he does some dope songs and he rhymes a lot too. but the question is do yall listen to any other music besides rap, if you do then name the artsts and the style of music.

My Myspace
My Soundclick
Send a message via AIM to Paranoid Send a message via MSN to Paranoid   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-06, 01:32 PM   #3
Paranoid
The Paragraph President

bob marley is raggae man, and rnb is all hip hop man.

My Myspace
My Soundclick
Send a message via AIM to Paranoid Send a message via MSN to Paranoid   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-06, 01:59 PM   #4
B. Magik
Sam Dope

IP: C147 32A9

Yeah man, rap isn't even my favorite type of music.

CHECK THE FUCKING BEATS.

Send a message via AIM to B. Magik Send a message via MSN to B. Magik Send a message via Yahoo to B. Magik   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-06, 02:41 PM   #6
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 423A 65FD

im starting to get into some different things....

ive listened to strait rap for like..the past 7 or 8 yrs...lol and finally im coming around and trying new things out...

i really like that Train song...Drops of Jupiter....even though its a bit old...

i like some oldies...

and Anthony Hamilton...is a fucking beast
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-06, 03:08 PM   #7
Paranoid
The Paragraph President

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMPIN aint easy
correct bob marley is reggae wats that got to do wit anythin??

and rnb is not hip-hop lol as much as rnb artists want to be hip-hop want to be gangsta they are not

theres things you dont realize, yes bob marley has lots to do with raggae, I asked you to state the genre they are from and you didn't so don't get mouthy man. and yes rnb and rap do tie into hip-hop. Hip hop is the word to basically say "its a genre for other genre"

My Myspace
My Soundclick
Old 03-31-06, 04:00 PM   #9
Compose

IP: 8EA7 271B

Beethoven, Joplin, some songs from other people...but only cuz I play piano i guess and some of the shit is just amazing cuz of how hard some are...

um, mary j blige is only r&b i listen to, and old soul music a lot of the kinda shit kanye and 9th wonder would sample...
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 03-31-06, 05:04 PM   #10
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
IP: F408 EB1A

R&B evolved to what it is today being more influenced by hip Hop but has been around way longer than Hip hop, James Brown, Al Green etc. are all R&B artists...as well as Smokey Robinson and The Temptations...they have nothing to do with hip Hop, it's just that R&B is mostly black artists and most black artists are influenced by hip hop culture above all else
but R&B is certainly NOT a genre of Hip Hop

but to answer the question, I like Puddle Of Mud, Train, Maroon5, Linkin Park (even before the Jay-Z shit)...uhmm, Nirvana was always great...damn there's so many more bands I can't think of

calypso is always good but nobody knows what that is so I can't exactly get the latest...raggae is good depending on who it is and how old it is, mostly old school raggae is the best like "Murder She Wrote" and others of that era...

R&B is the type of music I love the most, FUCK rap...I love R&B, I probably listen to rap least of all...mostly because I didn't really grow up listening to it, I could interest myself in it more, especially since I do it, but I've learned that my appreciation for other types of music does more for my skills than listening to other rappers...Mary J. blige, Jamie Foxx, Heather Headly, Toni Braxton, Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey, Vivian Green, Jaheim, Donell Jones, IDEAL, Jodeci, 112 (despite the nasal voice lead singer), Dru Hill...and so many, many, MANY more that I can't remember to mention

gotta love the Latino music, can't name anyone specifically but once in a while I tune in to the local Spanish station as long as they're not playing Tejano, Tex Mex crap lmao...classical music is great but I can't find any stations in here Houston that play it 24/7 any more...

aahhh FUCK it...basically I like everything except rock where all they do is yell unrecognizably, aimless "lyrics" over loud and or fast guitars, country music, screw and most other forms of Southern rap

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.

Last edited by L. Veracity : 03-31-06 at 05:13 PM.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-06, 05:06 PM   #11
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: DD80 C79E

African Tribal music. Lots of drums n' shit.
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 03-31-06, 05:09 PM   #12
CRiSS-CROSS
the champ is here

Text Record: 2-2
IP: 8BE4 B07D

bob + damiam marley..lotta rock/alternative.
Send a message via AIM to CRiSS-CROSS   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-06, 06:03 PM   #13
Sik Wit It

IP: A692 30DA

R&B... chea!
Old 03-31-06, 06:43 PM   #14
J Summers

IP: E8B4 945F

oh...

for sure old old jazz, blues, early rock n roll
Otis Redding, Percy Sledge, Elvis, Ray Charles, Dean Martin, Muddy Waters, EVERYTHING MOTOWN... love that shit...

to..

later rock n roll... disco era...
eric clapton, stevie nicks, the eagles, doobie brothers, ac/dc, steve miller band,

and...

reggae, dancehall, techno,

marley for sure, beanie man, elephant man,,--somewhate hip hop..the prodigy, gorillaz..

... thats about it... new rock music is ass fuckin bullshit... i respect all music but love rap and the classic shit
Old 03-31-06, 07:09 PM   #15
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

i listen to UK garage sometimes (not to be confused with Grime, which sounds like Garage possessed by something darker)

i don't mind soca, mainly because i used to play in a steel band for damn near a decade

i like dancehall reggae, like Buju Banton, Red Rat, Bounty Killer etc. as well as that old school reggae, like Chaka Demus and Pliers, Bob Marley etc.

i also like latin music and some classical music depending on the piece (i prefer compositions with complex sounding chord sequences, preferrably in minor keys)