RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-06, 01:38 AM   #16
Young_law
This Is My City

Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 1D55 F055

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
They seem kind of pointless to me... If you want music and pictures, you could get any mp3 player. They're all small, they all look good, they all sound good... iRiver, creative, sony, etc... shits all the same. And shit iTunes wont keep bothering you... iTunes is basically the driving force to iPods... But any sync program could do the same as it does. Right now ive got one of those new creative mini zens with a color screen, and its easy as shit to use. Its just "cool" to have an iPod. Theres no reason theyre better than other ones.

Video? Seems like just a novelty. The screen on those video ipods is tiny as fuck. I dont really rate them... Although the screen is pretty clear and crisp, but thats the norm with such a small LCD.

for real, if I wanted to watch videos all the time when im out, id just use my PSP. It can do way more than a video iPod. People complain about how its too big or something and it doesnt fit in your pocket, but I wouldnt be carrying a fuckin expensive iPod video in my pocket, cos it would fall out or break some other way.

And that games thing is pretty stupid. Apple have got no experience AT ALL with gaming, so I wouldnt put a lot of faith in them in that regard. If you want portable gaming buy a PSP or a DS.

PSP's are only better for gaming, when it comes to music, pictures and videos, its all ipods, the most amount a psp can hold is 2gb worth, and thats not alot, unless you get the big dumbass 4 gb pack, which still isnt alot, and no other mp3 player can compare with an ipod period, and thats when it comes to memory, looks, navigation, and just period, iPods are easier to work with, and as for the money, i could care less, cuz when you have a job 300 dollars isnt really that much, and appl may not make games, but there are PLENTY of people that make games FOR apple, just like pl make accesories for ipod, other people can make the games, does sony make all their games NO, pfft, give me the make and model that is better or even as good as the new 60 gb video ipod, PSP and iPods are TWO different things for TWO different reasons, PSP is for gaming with music n shyt on the side, their music n shyt cant compare to ipod period, also i have played my friends and cuzins psp, and the ames graphics are choppy as hell, but im still gettin one, jus cuz its raw n shyt, but, you cant compare a PSP to an Ipod, try something else, make AND model
Old 03-15-06, 01:56 AM   #17
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: BACC 8E92

You say the most it can hold is 2gbs who the fuck listens too that much music???seriously

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 03-15-06, 02:02 AM   #18
Young_law
This Is My City

uhhh me, i dont listen to all my music at once, but ive been saying up music since like 2 years now, and i dont want to go to the computer every day deleting and adding songs and shyt, but its good when ur on the go, also there are movies on there, n shyt and one typical movie takes up about 700 mga byts, and i have about 9 or to movies, so thats like 8 gigs right there, and thats not including music videos, and funny clips and shyt,
Old 03-15-06, 03:01 AM   #19
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: C98F 1FA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Law
PSP's are only better for gaming, when it comes to music, pictures and videos, its all ipods, the most amount a psp can hold is 2gb worth, and thats not alot, unless you get the big dumbass 4 gb pack, which still isnt alot, and no other mp3 player can compare with an ipod period, and thats when it comes to memory, looks, navigation, and just period, iPods are easier to work with, and as for the money, i could care less, cuz when you have a job 300 dollars isnt really that much, and appl may not make games, but there are PLENTY of people that make games FOR apple, just like pl make accesories for ipod, other people can make the games, does sony make all their games NO, pfft, give me the make and model that is better or even as good as the new 60 gb video ipod, PSP and iPods are TWO different things for TWO different reasons, PSP is for gaming with music n shyt on the side, their music n shyt cant compare to ipod period, also i have played my friends and cuzins psp, and the ames graphics are choppy as hell, but im still gettin one, jus cuz its raw n shyt, but, you cant compare a PSP to an Ipod, try something else, make AND model

Uhhh... in case you aint realised, flash memory IS the way of the future. Id give it two years before they have 8/16GB memory cards and shit. So space isnt really something to dispute.

Of course other mp3 players can compare to the ipod. Just because iPods are "cool" and thats all you know of, doesnt mean better shit doesnt exist.

http://www.flash-memory-store.com/i...deo-player.html

for portable music, movies, and photos, that thing is pretty sick. Its got a way better screen than the ipod video. But I could find better... keep in mind, technology-wise, japan is way ahead of america... I could find you like 10 japanese mp3 players that own the shit out of any ipod.

I meant apple have no experience in making gaming platforms. If they made one, sure, everyone would buy it because it would look sick due to apples design, but that doesnt mean it would be a good console. The third party support would be poor... Id trust the pros in the gaming platform industry, instead of some noob.

The psp is better than the iPod at video, photo and obviously gaming... The system it uses for music sucks. But I dont use it for music. I use an mp3 player that isnt an iPod.
Old 03-15-06, 07:40 AM   #20
Young_law
This Is My City

dog your missing the point of the iPod, the point of the iPod is to BE SMALL, son, i dont have bad eyes, i dont need that big ass screen, what i look like on the Train with that big ass thin? ima get jacked son, that shyt ccant fit in my pocket, as for flash memory 8/16 gb pfft, nigga ipods are flash compatible AND have built in 60 gb, and you know by 2 years thats gonna turn into at least 100 120 gb, psp is good for music and shyt, for people who own like 10 cd's cuz thats just about all u can fit, prolly even less, fuck that shyt, i want music and movies nigga

oh and btw that big ass thing only holds 20 gigs and is 500 dollars, lmao fuck that try 30 gigs and 300 dollars OR 7 dollars a month pfft
Old 03-15-06, 04:47 PM   #21
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Law
dog your missing the point of the iPod, the point of the iPod is to BE SMALL, son, i dont have bad eyes, i dont need that big ass screen, what i look like on the Train with that big ass thin? ima get jacked son, that shyt ccant fit in my pocket, as for flash memory 8/16 gb pfft, nigga ipods are flash compatible AND have built in 60 gb, and you know by 2 years thats gonna turn into at least 100 120 gb, psp is good for music and shyt, for people who own like 10 cd's cuz thats just about all u can fit, prolly even less, fuck that shyt, i want music and movies nigga

oh and btw that big ass thing only holds 20 gigs and is 500 dollars, lmao fuck that try 30 gigs and 300 dollars OR 7 dollars a month pfft

It can... That link I gave you, that thing is small... probably only slightly bigger than an iPod. But the screen is way better to watch movies on, unlike that shit little iPod video screen.

And you obviously dont get how the industry works... They have the technology to make 150GB iPods and shit, but they dont. Because nobody needs that much room, and they are expensive to produce. Flash memory is gonna be the way they go. A few generations from now, the iPods will use flash memory hard drives instead of normal ones.

Buuuuut... in japan, there is a million mp3 players with plasma screens and flash memory hard drives and shit. Nothing special about iPods man.
Old 03-15-06, 05:12 PM   #22
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: F570 66FF

you seriously just now noticed iPods? damn.....

also, go check into your RVW match. pc

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-06, 05:25 PM   #23
Young_law
This Is My City

IP: A213 B79D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
It can... That link I gave you, that thing is small...no the hell its not probably only slightly bigger than an iPod.its fukin huge compared 2 the ipod, and like i said, fuk i look like with that big ass ting on the train or in class or sum shyt, fuk no, the point of the ipod being so smal is that u can use it anywhere, and i dont give a shit about the size, its big enough for me 2 see so im straight But the screen is way better to watch movies on, unlike that shit little iPod video screenno its not.

And you obviously dont get how the industry works... They have the technology to make 150GB iPods and shit, but they dont. Because nobody needs that much roomok, and this is benifiting your argument how?, and they are expensive to produce. Flash memory is gonna be the way they gono its not. A few generations from now, the iPods will use flash memory hard drives instead of normal ones.no their not, i guarantee it

Buuuuut... in japan, there is a million mp3 players with plasma screens and flash memory hard drives and shityou keep saying this with no damn proof, that iRiver shit doesent compare to the iPod at all. Nothing special about iPods manyea theres alot special about them.

ang to spull aight, ill go check in, and naw im not just discovering them, im just puttin it in the open for people like OMB
Old 03-15-06, 09:50 PM   #24
p4ntzistheish
The story goes. Bill, B.

Text Record: 5-4
IP: 606D F99A

Send a message via AIM to p4ntzistheish Send a message via MSN to p4ntzistheish   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-06, 01:03 AM   #25
Young_law
This Is My City

IP: 7EDB B417

no its not....ipod comes in 60 gigs also...plus the navigation is better....and it looks better......that ones ugly, in all colors
Old 03-16-06, 01:05 AM   #26
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Law: Yeah... it IS small. Look at the specs of it. It is only slightly bigger than the iPod video.

Things dont have to be annoyingly small to be of use. THe screen on the iPod video, whether you like it or not, is SMALL. And if you're watching movies, the shits gay on such a small screen. I can watch movies on my mobile phone, but I dont, because the screen is gay and small. And that "what would I look like with that huge thing" statement is just reinforicing what I said about how its just the "in" thing to have an iPod.

That other screen is way better to watch movies on than the iPod video screen, because its bigger, its sharper, and its brighter. How can you even argue with that? Its straight up a better quality screen.

Seriously, why do you just say im wrong without backing yourself up? Especially with that flash memory thing... you just say "no its not" "no... it isnt" "no they wont" .. Well sorry to tell you, but they will. Flash memory is so much faster than hard drives, of course its the way of the future. Hard drives? yeah they can make fuckin huge ones.. the biggest retail HD I have seen was about 550GB or something on one hard drive. SO who needs that much room? Not many people. Who likes things to be more efficient and easier to access? Everyone. And flash memory is more efficient and easier to access.

So where do you think technology will go? Useless huge amounts of space, or more efficient access? Too late, you were too slow. Because for years they have been trying to make flash memory hard drives, and they have been able to make like 50 or more GB ones... and they are getting better every month. The old hard disk drives are getting less and less attention when it comes to the future.

I just said that flash memory is what they will use, because apple is a smart and wealthy company, and will probably go with whats best, not whats shit. And I said that it is the future, because it is already so obvious that it is.

Now.... you tell me why it ISNT those things...

And about more advanced mp3 players in japan... Here is one from sony that has been out in japan for a while:

It has been dubbed the iPod killer... it basically kills the iPod video in every way. Sorry.

This is the archos AV700:

Its pretty fuckin ill.

This is the JNC-SSF M805:

Word.

The MSI MegaView:

The movie vision:

Last edited by Terumoto : 03-16-06 at 01:13 AM.
Old 03-16-06, 01:11 AM   #27
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

The PMP 4000:

The odd-i P10:

The Cowon A2:

Look man................. I could go on forever. You just need to get off the iPods dick.
Old 03-16-06, 01:19 AM   #28
Young_law
This Is My City

IP: 7EDB B417

now back those up with prices, and dawg ur missing the fucking point, those fucking things r to fucking big i want a fucking ipod cuz it fits in the palm of my hand i dont need 2 fucking hands to hold the fucker, i can listen and watch shyt on the go without attracting attention, i can even bring the fuker in school and watch it, hands down, i dont really give a flight fuck what you say cuz its not gonna change my fuking mind, iPods are the best mp3 players period, so stop searching ur ass off looking for somthing better, if u can find something the same size or smaller than the ipod that holds 60 gbs, and can play movies and pictures and music, and that syncs with iTunes since the thousands of songs scattered around my computer are already in that library then hit me up, other than that, just SHUT THE FUCK UP
Old 03-16-06, 01:30 AM   #29
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Man you're pretty angry.

Im sick of doing all the work. You find out prices and specs of those... You'll see that they are either slightly bigger, the same size, or smaller than the iPod video. And most of them cost less.

So like.... Your argument is pretty stupid. All of those you can hold with one hand, and some of them are even the same style as the iPod video, just with a better screen and interface.

So I think overall, what you're trying to say is "I am a teenager. I want an iPod because iPods are currently popular. There is no reason why any of the ones you posted wouldnt fit in my pocket or my hand, and no reason I wouldnt be able to use them in class. I just want to do what the cool people do."

So iPods are good for you and are your personal favorite... Word, do your thing. Im just saying dont say they are better than everything else just because YOU like them. It is your opinion they are the best... but it is FACT that there is better shit out there.

Argument settled.
Old 03-16-06, 12:34 PM   #30
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: DD80 C79E

I never liked iPods much. In fact, I always thought having one was stupid. But recently I was introduced to something that may sway my opinion. This something is iTrip - a device that hooks on to your iPod and allows you to play your music on pretty much any inactive FM station you desire. Not only can you have the iPod anywhere in the car (no tape deck adapter necessary), but it also has about a 50 foot range...so if the people driving by you were to turn to that station, they could listen to your music too. But the best part about it, is that it allowed me to listen to The Roots with my dad.
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.