RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-05, 10:27 PM   #1
Adam

Text Record: 28-0
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
RV Mixtape

IP: A0C8 44A9

1. Diabolic - Lyrical Reign
This is such a feel good song. I like listening to it when I go skateboarding. Good beat, with a great flow. Nice song to just sit around and chill while listening to it as well. Good drop Diabolic.

2. Pair-A-Dyce - Stressed
Allright, this song is okay. I like the concept of the song, and the lyrics are dope, and you keep a good flow on it. But I can't stand the fuckin' "Woo Woo" through-out the song. Other than that, good song.

3. Blac-Out - 3 Roundz
This song is so so. It's kind of hard to hear the lyrics because it's done pretty sketchy, sounds like there is two people singing the whole time. But when it hits "Round 2" it sounds a lot better, and that's the part I enjoy the most.

4. Lyrical Flow - Pain is Rain
Aight, the only thing that's annoying in this song is the beat. But it only gets annoying after a few listens, it's good the first couple times. It's a pretty dope song to have playing if you're just chilling out though.

5. SevenThird - Blue
This song is fuckin' wicked. One of the best on the mixtape for sure. The beat is fuckin' dope. The flow in this song is just dope, and it's just steady dope lyrics with dope vocabulary. I said dope quite a bit there, and that's the word that describes this song best. Dope.

6. Limited Edition - If I Die
I like the story in this song. The quality isn't that great, but it's still an allright song to listen to. The emotion and imagery in this song is great. Good song for it's style.

7. Caliph - Fallin
The intro pissed me off at first, but it goes with the song. The beat is fuckin' dope. Good vocabulary in this song, with a good storyline. You keep a dope flow in this, and it's pretty dope to chill too. I like writting to this beat acctually. Nice drop.

8. Nostradamus - One Day
Love this song. Dope song to listen to while driving or drinking. Just a real feel good song. I skateboard to this song, and party to it. Great drop Nostradamus.

9. Pair-A-Dyce - Change Da Game
Don't really enjoy this beat. The lyrics are allright, but it's an okay song. It might be because it's following up One Day, and I really enjoy that song. But I don't really like the beat so I don't listen to this song this much. Your other song was a lot better.

10. Caliph - Matrix of Toughts
I like the beat in this song. Personally I didn't like the how this song started, but then it got pretty good. The lyrics and story got better. Slower song, but it's good.

11. R-Rated - Lifes Struggles
Favourite song on the mixtape for sure. Love this song. Real dope drop. The shit was real deep, you just kept a perfect flow, and the lyrics were just dope. This wins Red Bull's favourite song on the mixtape award. I skate to this, rock it while I'm cruising the city, it's just dope man. Keep dropping stuff like this.

12. Pair-A-Dyce - Automatic
This is a pretty dope song. I enjoy listening to this when I'm just chilling. Good vocabulary in your lyrics in this one. Pretty banging good song. "It's automatic how we kick the flow"...Nice drop.

13. Kontroverzy - Fire Spitz
This is a dope spit man. Everytime I listen to it I just wish that you would keep going because it was fast up beat and dope. Good vocabulary flow and solid beat for this.

14. TonySelf - Message 4 Bel
The intro is pretty dope, then the beat is just so unexpected. The vocals could have been just a bit louder in this song. That's about it, everything else was pretty dope. The beat is just so...I don't even know how to explain it.

15. R-Rated - Verbal Suicide
Shit again, another dope drop. When I first was listening to it I thought my CD was skipping and I was like fuck, then you started spitting and I just sat there and was like damn. The vocabulary in this is fuckin' dope. Wicked flow through-out the whole song. "Spin it backwards" <-- Love that part. Dope drop man, another favourite.

16. 13 Amp = Afternoon Session
Everything in this song is pretty good. The beat sort of gets annoying, but then it changes and it gets dope. You dropped a good song, it really pics up after the beat change.

17. TonySelf, Fluidmoon, & SevenThird - 6 Million Ways To Die
I also thought my CD was skipping on this song too. The thing I really like in this song is the "6 Million Ways To Die, which way you wanna go..."<--- Dope voice. It was a pretty good song, the quality is sketch at sometimes, but I enjoy this drop. Good collaberation. "We're killing kids tonight"

18. d.j em sce & SevenThird - As The World Revolves
The only thing that could have been better in this song is the quality during d.j em sce's part. It's kind of sketch during this part, but still enjoyable. The beat gets repetitive, but it's a pretty good song. I enjoy SevenThird's part better in this though. The quality and the flow is better.

19. Caliph, Calamity, & Diabolic - Maintain
This is a dope song to just put on and chill too. Good to drink a beer too while you're just sitting there writting and shit. All three parts are done well. Good song.

20. Tha Q & 20 Grand - True Hip Hop
Bon Jovi Beat! Fuckin' fresh as hell. When this song started I as like Bon Jovi...what the fuck? Then..."shit on the whole industry"...dope beat, one of my favourite. "I'm wanted, dead or alive." This is a dope song, definately one of my favourites. Good song, the quality is great. The...."I'm wanted dead or alive" just stoaks me out too. Nice drop.

21. TonySelf & SevenThird - Sick of This
This beat is pretty wicked, I like this song. It's put together pretty good. The flow was good and on beat and you have dope vocabulary in your lyrics which are ill too. "It's not long before you're a cop's bitch" <-- Word.

22. 20 Grand & Senser - No Nonsense
Good up beat song. The flow in this song is great. I enjoy listening to this when I'm writting too. The lyrics are done quite well. I like Senser's part best in this, it's dope shit. Pretty good song.

23. d.j em sce & Enygma - Hip Hop is Ours
Good way to end a CD. I really like this song. Both verses were dope, and flowed great. The lyrics were kick ass..."Mainstream is only gay because you had the power but abused it" Dope dope song. I like to skate to this and drive to this song too. Nice collab, and good song for the ending of the CD.

...Well, I basically enjoy every song on this CD to some degree, some more then others, but everybody on here definately has talent. Well done RV..
Old 05-03-05, 11:00 PM   #2
Macca
Back....

Text Record: 14-12
IP: 28B1 F3E4

the one I got don't play all the songs.
Old 05-03-05, 11:09 PM   #3
Adam

IP: A0C8 44A9

^ Shitty bust, if you want I'll upload them on my computer tomorrow and transfer them to you on MSN. Get at me..
Old 05-04-05, 11:02 AM   #4
Phenom-in-all
Vendetta the K.O. King

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 19-4
IP: A597 E53E

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricalflowz
Well Done Red Bull. Yeah my girl likes this mixtape. She wanted me to get her a copy, so I requested two. She was impressed.

Got it yestarday... Too bad not all the audio heads submitted their best tracks, cause I think there has been 20 more hotter songs dropped in the audio forum that I woulda picked myself to include. Most of Calam's, Seven's, 20's, & Senser's best stuff isn't included. And plus - I never got around to submitting anything. haha. (NO PHENOM?!?!) I think I'm still gon pick all my fav tracks and make my own mixtape just to see whats really good. I might even get my dj to host it. lol. Watch for it. 1

Same Page Productions
Send a message via AIM to Phenom-in-all Send a message via MSN to Phenom-in-all   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-05, 11:08 AM   #5
the omen
tha illest

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 3240 794D

^ yea that would b a good idea. i mean rv audio heads drop new shyt daily. if we wanted too we could have a new mixtape filled with hot songs every 2 weeks.... cuz this mixtape aint even specialll.... y would u guys wanna get this mixtape when u can just dl all tha tracks???? new rv mixtape. get at it phenom....sum1 need too. this site gets slept on

[/b]
Send a message via AIM to the omen   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-05, 11:16 AM   #6
Adam

IP: 50E1 F494

Personally, I think that we should get a new mixtape every 3 months. Take the top 20 or so tracks from the Songs forum and throw them on a CD. I don't know, I will definately be on the look out for your mixtape Phenom-in-all. Do you ever get anywhere near Winnipeg? I live 2 hours away from Peg, but I'm moving there in 3 months...maybe see some of your shit live..
Old 05-04-05, 04:46 PM   #7
Capital B
Internet is so beef...

From: Im in the buildin and im feelin myself. West Coastin....What you Reppin?
Text Record: 5-2
IP: E3CA 7CA2

I haven't got my Mixtapes yet... When the hell are they comeing.
[/certified gangtsa]
Send a message via Yahoo to Capital B   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-05, 06:12 PM   #8
Phenom-in-all
Vendetta the K.O. King

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 19-4
IP: A597 E53E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bull
Personally, I think that we should get a new mixtape every 3 months. Take the top 20 or so tracks from the Songs forum and throw them on a CD. I don't know, I will definately be on the look out for your mixtape Phenom-in-all. Do you ever get anywhere near Winnipeg? I live 2 hours away from Peg, but I'm moving there in 3 months...maybe see some of your shit live..

I live in Edmonton, but I'm in Saskatoon, and Regina all the time. I always fly when we go out east, but we might do a show with Rez Official in WPG sometime - and you prolly heard of them if you know WPG's hip hop scene. (Or watch much music)

Same Page Productions
Send a message via AIM to Phenom-in-all Send a message via MSN to Phenom-in-all   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-05, 06:36 PM   #9
Macca
Back....

Text Record: 14-12
IP: 6099 B331

Yea red bull that would be cool. Please do that.
Old 05-04-05, 06:43 PM   #10
[.:D:.]
Deadly

Text Record: 7-2
Audio Record: 3-1
IP: A122 E1D7

yea i got first track.......but i think it would be betta wit more tracks u could atually bump too...tempo for the tracks is to laid back..somethin u can blast in the whip woulda been betta...

[.Diabolic:.]
Send a message via AIM to [.:D:.]   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-05, 07:16 PM   #11
LOoNY TOoN
New to RV

Text Record: 0-2
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 042B 54FC

Theres a MIXTAPE!!
damn been gone too long...
Old 05-04-05, 07:28 PM   #12
.gunit101
Addicted

Text Record: 3-1
Audio Record: 0-1
IP: 2FD5 47F6

I got last.......I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Method
I heart g-unit, they taught me how to stunt
Old 05-06-05, 11:12 AM   #13
Restricted
DaTrus Is A Bitch!

Text Record: 59-10
Audio Record: 1-1
IP: D52C 04A2

R-Rateds Mixtape Break Down

1. Diabolic - Lyrical Reign
The Beat Is Old-School, but Decent. Your Flow Fits Well With This Track and Sounds Dope. Pretty Hot Lyrics and Emotion Throughout This Song. I Mos Def Like This Drop. 8/10

2. Pair-A-Dyce - Stressed
This Song Is Hot, I Liked The Whole Imagery and Verbal Emotion Put Through This Song. The Imagery Puts You Right Within The Story and Thats Important. Nice Track Man. 9/10

3. Blac-Out - 3 Roundz
I Wasn't Feeling This Song. The Production Was off, and The Beat Was Just Wack. Your Flow Coulda Been Better and The Lyrics Were Way Too Basic. 4/10

4. Lyrical Flow - Pain is Rain
Hell Fuckin Nah..Worst Song On Mixtape. 2/10

5. SevenThird - Blue
The Beat Was Original, and I'm Feeling It. Your Flow Was Pretty Fucking Hot On This Song. Emotion Here Is Hyped and Got My Attention Grabbed To The Song. Pretty Decent Drop Man. 9/10

6. Limited Edition - If I Die
The Beat Was Alright..Not Too Much Change Up Here. Your Story Was Intentive and Had Me Throughout The Whole Song. Flow Was Basic, but Thats Your Style I Guess. Imagery Was Nice. Decent Drop. 6/10

7. Caliph - Fallin
The Beat Is Fasho Decent...Love These Style Beats. I Aint Feeling Your Flow On This Track. You Sound Latino Here and I Just Did Not Like The Way You Performed This Song At All. 4/10

8. Nostradamus - One Day
This Beat Was Nice and Fit Your Vocals Well. Your Emotion Was A Little Bit Basic, Along With Your Flow. Your Lyrics Were Decent, and The Creativitie Was There. Decent Drop. 7/10

9. Pair-A-Dyce - Change Da Game
Beat Was Alright, but This Song Just Doesn't Get Me Hyped Me Up Like Your Other Songs. Your Lryics Were Pretty Decent. Man You Remind Me of Fabulous Like Crazy. Ok Drop. 5/10

10. Caliph - Matrix of Toughts
The Beat Is Sick...I Love The Beat. Seems Like Your Good For Sick Beats. Its Like You Carry The Same Flow on Every Single Beat. Man...This Is The Same Laid-Back, Latino, Wack Flow You Had On The Other One. 4/10

11. R-Rated - Lifes Struggles
Feedback Left By Red-Bull: Favourite song on the mixtape for sure. Love this song. Real dope drop. The shit was real deep, you just kept a perfect flow, and the lyrics were just dope. This wins Red Bull's favourite song on the mixtape award. I skate to this, rock it while I'm cruising the city, it's just dope man. Keep dropping stuff like this. 10/10

12. Pair-A-Dyce - Automatic
I Like This Beat and This Song Always Gets Me Hyped Up. Your Flow Is Striaght Sick On This Track. Lyrics Were Basic, but The Feel of This Song Called For That. Pretty Dope Track Man. 8/10

13. Kontroverzy - Fire Spitz
Nice Beat and Flow. If You Freestyled This Then You Got Skills With Free. Short but Sweet Track Man. 7/10

14. TonySelf - Message 4 Bel
The Beat and Whole Regaee or W/e Type of This Track, I Am Just Not Feeling. Your Flow Goes Great With The Beat, but This Isn't Something I Would Listen To Around My Friends and Be Like "Yo, Check This Shit!" Ok Drop Man. 6/10

15. R-Rated - Verbal Suicide
Feedback Left By Red-Bull: Shit again, another dope drop. When I first was listening to it I thought my CD was skipping and I was like fuck, then you started spitting and I just sat there and was like damn. The vocabulary in this is fuckin' dope. Wicked flow through-out the whole song. "Spin it backwards" <-- Love that part. Dope drop man, another favourite. 10/10

16. 13 Amp = Afternoon Session
The Beat is Decent, and Like Red-Bull Said It Does Get Annoying. Your Flow Was Pretty Hot, Reminds Me of A Boy Da-Brat. Pretty Nice Lyrics and The Emotion Is Hot. 8/10

17. TonySelf, Fluidmoon, & SevenThird - 6 Million Ways To Die
This Song Was Mixtaped Very Well. All Verses In This Track Were Decent and The Hook Was Dope. The Verses All Ended Like 4 Seconds Before Hook Kicked In, Woulda Been Nice To See One of Your Not Be Like The Other and Flow Straight Through To Hook. Neways, Pretty Decent Song. One of Best. 9/10

18. d.j em sce & SevenThird - As The World Revolves
Whoa...DJ Man Your Voice Got Mad Echo In It. This Track Was Alright, Too Laid Back For My Flavor. The Lyrics Were Pretty Fucking Hot Though. This Was A Decent Drop. Seven Helped Ya Lots. 7/10

19. Caliph, Calamity, & Diabolic - Maintain
Nice Beat, Reminds Me Something That A Boy-Band Would Spit To Though. Man That Latino Muphucka Back..Worst Verse On Track. Calamity and Diabolic Tore This Beat Up. Decent Track. 6/10

20. Tha Q & 20 Grand - True Hip Hop
Shit....I Wanted To Make A Track Using This Beat, I Didn't Know Anyone Used It. Dammit, Thats The Best Beat On Beanie Sigels Albumn. We Need To Remix This Song. Pretty Hot Verses From Both of You. Stuck With The Flow That Beanie Sigel Originaly Recorded With I See. Nice Lyrics. 8/10

21. TonySelf & SevenThird - Sick of This
Decent Beat and The Flow Is Original and I'm Feeling This Shit. Ok Lyrics and The Emotion Stays Throughy Throughout This Entire Song. Gets Kinda Annoying. But Decent Drop. 7/10

22. 20 Grand & Senser - No Nonsense
Sick Beat...Love That Feel. Damn...That Hook Is Sick As Fuck. Damn I"m Bout To Go Out and Break Some Peeps Skulls LoL. The Verses In This Song Are Fucking Fiya..Loving This Song. Best Song Next To Mine :-D. 10/10

23. d.j em sce & Enygma - Hip Hop is Ours
The Quality Wasn't The Best, but I Got Past That. Beat Was An Ok Choice...The Verses Were Pretty Hot. The Lyrics and Imagery Through This Song Made Up For A Lot of The Other Problems. Decent Track Ya'll....7/10.

Overall: 161/230 = 3 Mics our of 5

~R~