RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-05, 04:04 PM   #1
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

Boyz N Da Hood [Self-Titled]

IP: 7171 290E

alright here is MY review of their new album, it dropped on the 21st...so some of you may feel differently but this is me.

1. Intro- starts out with P.diddy introducing his hot new signees...then the group procedes to drop sum effortless flows...6/10[intros are never good]

2. Boyz N Da Hood Interlude- this song is very critical to the album, the track after the intro always is, it sets the tone for how good the album is. This is a great track in my eyes, the beat is a slower hype beat, like if you were about to ride out on sum niggas. But Jody Breeze starts it out with a quik but good verse, jeezy procedes after, then big gee takes tha mic. Big Gee's flow wasnt too good tho...8/10

3. Dem Boyz- this track starts off almost immediatley after a nice blend between this track and the track before. We all have heard this song, if not, you should soon. Dem Boyz [no pun intended] come hard right off the bat, taking turns slaughtering the track. all in all this a great track...9/10

4. Felonies- The beat is very intruiging, its very much a 'run-up-on-sum-niggas-in tha-club' beat. Tha chorus is jody n sayin he gon bust them a nigga b4 he leave..he couldnt sound better on a chorus...great chorus....basically breeze makes the whole track...jeezy has an OK verse as does Gee...but breeze and DUKE both had good verses...all in all..8.5/10

5. Look- among one of my favorite tracks on the whole CD...this track basically introduces you to Duke, you can tell this was his main project on tha whole album...his flow is on point...and his voice is deep that he sounds perfect for the chorus...you can tell this track is made by the hook tho...all in all 9/10

6. Gangstas [ft/Eazy E]- GREAT track...E sounds dope as fuck on the chorus...the only weird part is he says 'Bein a Gangsta is so NEAT'...and i dont think gangsta n neat go in the same dictionary...im glad some1 included Eazy in a track...even tho he is dead...its always great to hear some eazy...9/10

7. Dont Put YOur Hands on Me- My 2nd favorite track on the album...this is basically tha hardest song i eva heard...they basically saying 'You can talk all tha fuck you want -- but dont put ya hands on me'....great message....you'll fall inlove with this track at first listen... 10/10

8. Bitches N Bizzness[yes thats how tis spelt]- This track is OK...i knew it was too good to be true...there was no way the CD could be this good...then i heard this track....its weak...on anyother no name album it might be the best track but for tha boyz...this is weak... 6.5/10

9. Trap Niggaz- This Track is almost identical to track 2...this track is basically tha boyz bein boyz...rappin bout ATL Trappin...movin weight...a dealers dream track...great vibe track...it shows that tha boyz are tha truth...8.75/10

10. Still Slizzurd- LMAO great track...talkin bout still bein tipsy/havin a hangova from tha night b4...how it sux like shit...chorus is reminiscent of sippin sizzurp...8.5/10

11. No Talkin- get Locked n loaded...once again anotha go hard track...tha premisce of tha whole track is how hard they go n they blast anything...dope track none the less...9/10

12. Happy Jamz[produced by Jazze Pha]- another Pha hit....basically all 4 of them tell their stories of how their lifes aint great...how they have had their share of hardships n thats why they are how they are...9.5/10

13. **If U a Thug- Best song on the album...hands down...a call out to all frontin ass niggas is wut this is...its sayin if u thug then thug it...if a killa then cap sum niggas...if u movin weight...then move more...drop ride out track...10/10

14. Lay It Down- Stick up track...basically this is metaphoric for them takin ova tha game...they stay locked n loaded throughout tha whole track...jeezy hands down spits his best verse in the whole album on this track... 10/10

15. Pussy MF's[ft/ Trick D]-this track is ok...trick daddy isnt anything special on this cut...not very impressed with this track once again...7/10

16.Keep It In Da Hood 2nite- A track for the ladies...i am disappointed...i figured tha boyz could do a whole CD with out a slow jam for tha ladies...but that is wut this industry is turnin into now-a-days...slow jamz for tha women n softies...but overall its a nice track none the less...8.5/10

OVERALL-9.5/10 for a rookie album

this album is great for a rookie album...probablly best ive heard for a 1st time drop...i was expecting a little bit more from Jeezy...but i was still satisfied and i was very impressed with DUKE...never hearing of him b4...im deffinately a fan...tha Boyz have a bright future...no doubt

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-05, 04:45 PM   #2
Sixth Sense
Banned: For Being So Fly.....lol....my new account is Triple Sixes....

IP: 0D11 88C9

ohhh yea i guess ill buy this the first single is hott and also the second so im gon buy this then thnx for the review nice one

STARTING 2MORROW I WILL BE TRIPLE SIXES THATS GON BE MY NEW ACCOUNT SO THATS ME AIGHT CUZ IM SO FLY......LOL
Send a message via MSN to Sixth Sense   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-05, 06:19 PM   #3
Ltizzle
Seattle Hat Wit A Lean

Graphics Record: 17-5
IP: 2B9D 28F8

im glad someone did a review on this...
i hadnt really heard anything about them until like a week ago when there was some buzz goin round...
ill check it out prolly...

---------------------------
Lucky Boy Beats: Owner & Producer
http://www.myspace.com/luckyboybeats
----------------------------------------------
Gunn Play: Rv's Original Duo
Dash Canceling To A Computer Near You

MAS ON EM! 4 LIFE

Send a message via AIM to Ltizzle   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-05, 06:21 PM   #4
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 28AD 5545

*drools over sig^*

boyz in the hood have soooooo much hood buzz.Shit is amasin.
Old 06-26-05, 01:20 AM   #5
Payn
Middle Weight

IP: 8A05 210E

it'z ight but not G'd up enuff 4 me 2 wanna go buy
Take ten of these and live, that'll impress me
Old 07-04-05, 07:24 PM   #6
Thassarap
.The Movement.

Text Record: 3-3
IP: 1F18 A80F

its a good album but not a 9.5, even for a rookie album
i'd give it an 8
Old 07-04-05, 07:25 PM   #7
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

^....you must not listen to EVERY TRACK THOROUGHLY....but wuteva...thas u...n this me...uppin

N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-05, 07:31 PM   #8
Thassarap
.The Movement.

Text Record: 3-3
IP: 1F18 A80F

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHa KiNG.D.HuG
^....you must not listen to EVERY TRACK THOROUGHLY

so if i didn't listen thoroughly i'd like it more???
i think u were tryin to say that i must not have listened thoroughly
anyways, i agree with most of ur review, i guess i just tend to rate lower... 9.5 makes it too close to a classic album- it's definitely more than a .5/10 difference between this and something like "illmatic"
Old 07-04-05, 07:33 PM   #9
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

^well that can be debated...i rated it as a 1st drop album, wasnt pinning it against the likes of illmatic, but also to be takin into consideration is styles of rap, some people tend to like southern rap betta than up north, so they are diffrent stlyes, so diffrent ways of rating.

N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

Old 07-28-05, 01:41 PM   #10
vakiller
New to RV

From: don't worry bout that you probably want to try to kill me lol
Text Record: 0-0
IP: 28AD 5545

the album was ok but I think they could have done better but I really like jeezy the snowman he has a good flow and looks like hes gonna go farther than the other group members cuz P.Diddy always droppin his groups quick.
Send a message via AIM to vakiller   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-05, 01:54 PM   #11
~Luciano~
~Break Bred or Play Dead~

Audio Record: 1-0
IP: FFBA C081

"Man u Trippin ..Ask ya Women...if u aint Heard u Listnin 2 the Man in Griffin"--Jody B

~~Bumpin My Musik~~
~Audio Rookie Of The Year..Ya Tha Real 1~

Send a message via AIM to ~Luciano~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Luciano~   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-05, 12:00 AM   #12
.Barz Of Steel.
Don't Even Think About It

Text Record: 19-2
IP: 1CA5 73AB

Someone send me the album
Send a message via AIM to .Barz Of Steel.   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-05, 12:01 AM   #13
.Barz Of Steel.
Don't Even Think About It

Text Record: 19-2
IP: 1CA5 73AB