RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-06, 10:50 PM   #1
Dickard.
A Life Of Chryme

Text Record: 24-4
A Dumber Society

IP: C0D4 AC15

Is it just me? Or do you people who may still be in school or just pay attention on the street. Notice the lack of intelligence in our day in age? Im sitting in school looking around the class room, not one kid can sit still. Not one kid can outsmart the kid next to him. More than half of the kids in my school smoke/drink/do drugs(like coke,extasy, and this fucked up shit salvia). The future of my school is looking pretty bad. The kids in this day in age care less about usefull knowledge. And just want to know when the next bender is. Sure its fun now...but when our country is in debt and when our dreaded future becomes present...it is not going to be so fun then.
Old 09-11-06, 11:14 PM   #2
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 2A88 0076

i def feel you on this man, this is definitely the dumbest age ever in history. the generation beneath mine is straight up doomed by their own idiocy from grooming their own short attention spans and an insatiable need for stimuli in the absence of substance.

i call it the age of ignorance. and you haven't seen shit yet.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-06, 11:37 PM   #3
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: AC89 8AF5

us teenagers obviously gonna be more interested in chasing girls, and getting nice rides, and driving round like maniacs and not give a fuck bout knowledge

havent u ever heard of "young and dumb" before??
but that aint meaning that we dumb just cuz we bein the average teenager
we are what u was back in the day and if theres a diffrence it doesnt necassarily mean bad

and if im the one that gave u the idea ta make this thread
then obviously i have ta be smart...if im giving u ideas
Old 09-12-06, 12:55 AM   #4
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

^nah I'll admit man, your generation is definitely mor interested in being stupid than my generation at the same age. luckily enough, it makes some members of your generation shine like beacons of knowledge while the rest of you fall by the wayside. guess at the end of the day we'll see who's who

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-06, 12:57 AM   #5
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

yea but even if we are completely stupid...

dont u think the parents are too blame (not dissin ur generation or any before that)
but i mean all ya'll the ones that brought the new generation into this world
Old 09-12-06, 01:13 AM   #6
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Nah, my generation is old enough to be the big brother (or sister) to yours, not your parents lol. but yeah to a large extent it's the parents fault for inadequate child rearing and on the other side of the coin i mean shit son, look at the garbage that spews on the TV. listen to the trash that fills the radio waves. the media has turned into poison and most of the things geared to people your age group is the mental equivilant to junkfood.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 09-12-06, 01:47 AM   #7
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by A p e x x
Nah, my generation is old enough to be the big brother (or sister) to yours, not your parents lol. but yeah to a large extent it's the parents fault for inadequate child rearing and on the other side of the coin i mean shit son, look at the garbage that spews on the TV. listen to the trash that fills the radio waves. the media has turned into poison and most of the things geared to people your age group is the mental equivilant to junkfood.

yea but it really wouldnt matter if there was more leaders
i talked bout this before in a diffrent post
if i said that "it was ok to use drugs" im stating my opinion
so if i made a song or tv show bout using drugz
i shouldnt have ta worry bout the world doin drugs
cuz they heard me talk bout doing it or seen my show
if they was leaders they might find it funny or whatever
and still wouldnt do it in real life cuz they aint gon let it motivate them
if our parents raised us right we shouldnt even
have ta worry bout whats on the radio or tv
Old 09-12-06, 01:56 AM   #8
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

^inability to find individualism and a personal identity is what makes someone a follower. that's got nothing to do with the generation specifically.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 09-12-06, 02:19 AM   #9
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
IP: F408 EB1A

people get pressured by their peers to do things or simply agree with them, because their parents didn't teach them what they should believe is "good" or "bad and "right" or "wrong" because as the saying goes "if you don't believe in SOMETHING, you'll fall for ANYTHING"

and I agree, people get worse and worse as the years go by...but it's supposed to be like this, says all this stuff is going to happen in the Bible (let's not debate about religion though)

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-06, 04:24 AM   #10
DQ
Odi et Amo

IP: C9A2 1C80

I blame rap music

EDIT: okay, seriously now...that right there is truth spoken. It's like a "we don't care" generation. I see it's bad in Europe but it's getting worse in Europe as well. When I was still in high school, the younger kids were arrogant as shit. They talkin big, smoking, drinking, doing drugs, ... thinkin they adults or something. School's just a place to sleep which is also the fault of the school system. If you want knowledge, school is no longer the ideal place to get it. Like me for instance, I'd like to believe I'm quite intelligent but I gathered a lot of that knowledge by reading up on stuff myself and such. Some teachers actually teach you something but so many of them do shit. One teacher was asking me if the shit she wrote was correct, I mean: wtf?

No wonder we getting dumber if teachers ask students what's correct because they themselves don't know...

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Last edited by DQ : 09-12-06 at 04:31 AM.
Send a message via AIM to DQ Send a message via MSN to DQ Send a message via Yahoo to DQ   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-06, 04:40 AM   #11
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: A6FC E9D3

Man, not everybody is stupid...

Theres a lot of real intelligent people out there in the midst of all the bullshit. Interlectuals of every age always paint a bleak picture of the new generations, and these days its no different. The main problem these days is just social paranoia, kids in the 21st century dont concearn themselves with higher matters because their way of life depends on their vanity and ego in the way their seen over the way they want to be. These days cats are more interested in celebrity fashion and wack shit than whats actually important.

But watch how quickly that changes after it all collapses in a heap..........
Old 09-12-06, 06:27 AM   #12
strobe

IP: 33DE 730C

I'm blaming it on the media in which people like Jessica Simpson and Paris Hilton who made it ok to be or pretend to be stupid. They are on reality tv across the nation and people, especially the younger girls who see them as role models, think it's fine to be a ditz
Old 09-12-06, 08:31 AM   #13
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 707B E979

I spent three class periods doing almost nothing but rolling a tin ball layer by layer and smoothing out the seams until it was almost perfect. When I got home, I unraveled it. This is bad because: I didn't do anything at school that day, but good because: I don't have A.D.D.

There are people who are smart...school smart...and much fewer that are truly philosophically intelligent, knowing how to combine school smarts with a somewhat open-mind or logical thinking. I haven't lived in other generations, so I can really say if the majority of people were stupid as they are today...but a lot of us are pretty retarded.
Old 09-12-06, 08:54 AM   #14
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 48D7 0F92

OK, as somewhat of an educator I see this all the time. But it comes down to the different kinds of kids. The rest of the stupidity is just media influence, everything is media influence. But when I say that, dont think like a kid sees murder on TV then goes out to murder... Its more like, kids are constantly bombarded with these images and messages about what kind of stuff is important, what makes a person a good person, sex, violence... Its conditioning their minds to behave in a certain way.

Different kids get affected by that in different ways... There are a few types of kids I can think of off the top:

Ignorant Idiot: Is a complete idiot. Has low level of intelligence, follows any fad, acts in a certain way to please others while under the illusion that he is an individual. Often is derogatory towards others. Sometimes may be the one to start fads.

Self-concious idiot: Seen as a loser, attemps to follow fads but often fails and is still shunned despite his efforts.

Book smart guy: Hes not smart socially. Hes not smart philosophically. Hes not good at sports. But boy, can he regurgitate text book knowledge in an exam!

Hard working idiot: Works his poor little ass off. He works so hard, he puts in every ounce of effort he possibly can... And goes average or poor.

Misplaced Intelligent kid: Sees straight through school system. Does more or less no work at all, and goes average to good. Often gets involved with drugs or other shit like that. Doesnt really give a shit.

Hard working Intelligent kid: He is smart. Damn smart. AND he works his ass off. These are the kids that come first, these are the kids that are destined to be brain surgeons, doctors, researchers, lawyers, mangers... etc.

Average intelligence hard worker: Hes not stupid. Hes not smart. He works hard and goes above average.

---

Now I can tell you that the average % is about 80% ignorant idiot, varying everything else, 2% Misplaced intelligent kid, 2% hard working intelligent kid.

So of course its gonna feel as though kids are stupid. When they mature at least they stop acting like idiots, but usually ignorant idiots dont mature till around their 20s, sometimes early 30s.

Kids arent getting dumber... The WORLD is getting dumber. SOCIETY is getting dumber. You cant blame these kids. They are not accountable for their actions. Its like creating a robot that takes in everything it sees and then builds up a personality based on that. And then the only thing you expose the robot to is smut, violence, shitty morals, war, etc... How do you think the robot will turn out?
Old 09-25-06, 08:26 AM   #15
-TeamOne-
Is Betta Than You

IP: DFEF F78F

they are responsible for their actions, their not robots their humans that are given free will, they know right from wrong and they know what they are doing is gonna get them no where in life, its either a drug dealer or a pimp for them, which in the end is gonna end up dead or in a jail cell, some kids even say fuck it i can play ball im gon 2 the nba, not likely cuz their 2 dumb to know that u gotta go 2 college to get to the NBA now