RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-07, 12:27 AM   #1
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
Doubts in an afterlife

IP: 974D 4926

I don't know really, 98% of the time I believe in heaven and hell and God and Satan but sometimes I think like "What if we were just part of the life cycle?" and it makes me all fucking tense. I feel like there's no way we could all just be fucking organisms living on a rock that's just going to end up dying and that's all. I feel like there's more to what we live for, but WHAT IF it isn't?

Even trying to fathom death as just the end makes me want to make more of my life than thinking of death as the start of the afterlife. I mean, if when I die I'm just going to be gone, no feelings, absolutely nothing, why would I waste my life on dumb shit? Why wouldn't I spend my life in the desperate attempt to be remembered far after I left the world? But if I think of life as just part before the afterlife, it seems so inconsequential to try and be important and do spectacular things while I'm here, feel me?

I dunno, just simple little thoughts of a simple little creature. =/

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 01-02-07, 02:22 AM   #2
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

IP: 33D9 0FD8

say i feel that shit too
like if there isnt an afterlife where i can be with my family after we have all died
i mean that shit saddens tha fuck out of me

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-07, 05:03 PM   #3
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 3240 794D

Stop worrying about it and live. Might as well get freaked out when you fall to sleep. And if you are the same as a snail in the eye of the universe, TOO FUCKING BAD. Stop being emo and deal with it. Dust motes and turtles have to do the same thing, stop being an egotistical human.
Old 01-02-07, 08:19 PM   #4
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 8E3C C4ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic/Socrates
I don't know really, 98% of the time I believe in heaven and hell and God and Satan but sometimes I think like "What if we were just part of the life cycle?" and it makes me all fucking tense. I feel like there's no way we could all just be fucking organisms living on a rock that's just going to end up dying and that's all. I feel like there's more to what we live for, but WHAT IF it isn't?

Even trying to fathom death as just the end makes me want to make more of my life than thinking of death as the start of the afterlife. I mean, if when I die I'm just going to be gone, no feelings, absolutely nothing, why would I waste my life on dumb shit? Why wouldn't I spend my life in the desperate attempt to be remembered far after I left the world? But if I think of life as just part before the afterlife, it seems so inconsequential to try and be important and do spectacular things while I'm here, feel me?

I dunno, just simple little thoughts of a simple little creature. =/

Why would you spend your life trying to be remembered, if that was the case? Its not bad at all to completely dissapear from existence. Imagine if you went to sleep one night, and never woke up. It would just be nothing. You wouldnt care, you wouldnt be sad, you wouldn't be in pain. What's the big deal?

I'll give you a tip... Heaven and Hell are not actual places or dimensions or whatever where you go after your physical death.
Old 01-02-07, 10:25 PM   #5
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi-Kon
Stop worrying about it and live. Might as well get freaked out when you fall to sleep. And if you are the same as a snail in the eye of the universe, TOO FUCKING BAD. Stop being emo and deal with it. Dust motes and turtles have to do the same thing, stop being an egotistical human.

Like I said, most of the time I don't even worry about it, so it's not like I walk around everyday on some of this shit. By the way, dustmites and turtles are nothing like humans and don't have to deal with emotions, so, yeah.

Track of the week:

Old 01-02-07, 10:31 PM   #6
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Why would you spend your life trying to be remembered, if that was the case? Its not bad at all to completely dissapear from existence. Imagine if you went to sleep one night, and never woke up. It would just be nothing. You wouldnt care, you wouldnt be sad, you wouldn't be in pain. What's the big deal?

I'll give you a tip... Heaven and Hell are not actual places or dimensions or whatever where you go after your physical death.

From this perspective, it would be a bad thing because by imagining it I still imagine having feelings and all that you know? I think it's scary to imagine or feel about not being able to imagine or feel, that's essentially part of what makes me human.

The Heaven and Hell thing I don't know what I believe about all that yet, there's no way I can have any idea of what it could be from my personal experiences.

Track of the week:

Old 01-02-07, 10:31 PM   #7
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 3240 794D

Prove it, Socrates. I'd love for you to create a universal translator/intelligence indictaor so I can understand the vibrations and energy patterns of a dust mote's revolving electrons and the inner workings of the tortoise's mind, since you're so sure that neither are capable of intelligent thought simply because you cannot understand it. If you gave a human child the same experiences as a dust mote or a tortoise, it would be just as intelligent. Just with opposable thumbs, and perhaps much less adapted to the places the turtle and dust mote go.
Old 01-02-07, 10:42 PM   #8
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Quote:
Prove it, Socrates. I'd love for you to create a universal translator/intelligence indictaor so I can understand the vibrations and energy patterns of a dust mote's revolving electrons and the inner workings of the tortoise's mind, since you're so sure that neither are capable of intelligent thought simply because you cannot understand it. If you gave a human child the same experiences as a dust mote or a tortoise, it would be just as intelligent. Just with opposable thumbs, and perhaps much less adapted to the places the turtle and dust mote go.

How about this, you go around asking all the doctors and psychologists you can pull out of your ass if they have the same capabilities as humans, because I'm not one so I can't prove it to you. Shit, even if I did prove it to you, you'd find some other off the wall reason why I'm wrong, why don't you prove something to yourself? Man, I'd love to see you spend the rest of your life trying to have a conversation like this with a fucking turtle.

Track of the week:

Old 01-03-07, 05:43 PM   #9
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 0825 899A

Quote:
How about this, you go around asking all the doctors and psychologists you can pull out of your ass if they have the same capabilities as humans, because I'm not one so I can't prove it to you. Shit, even if I did prove it to you, you'd find some other off the wall reason why I'm wrong, why don't you prove something to yourself? Man, I'd love to see you spend the rest of your life trying to have a conversation like this with a fucking turtle.

Here I was thinking you are smart. A baby takes forever to learn how to do anything besides scream and suck tits. Why would I spend the rest of my life having a conversation with a turtle? I don't speak turtle, if they even make noises. If anything, you should be the one doing so, since you're questioning what I said in the first place. And last time I checked, doctors don't speak turtle either. And the only reason humans know anything is because they are told about it. Eventually we'd figure it out by ourselves, but so can cats and dogs and turtles. Cat can't get onto the stove? It'll jump onto a chair then jump onto the stove.

And I'm pretty sure the doctors I pull out of my ass would have more or less my same opinion, seeing as how they came out of me.
Old 01-03-07, 05:54 PM   #10
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

We're not talking about learning how to maneuver around the world, we're talking about feelings, emotions, thoughts and all that. You're the one who told me to stop bitching because turtles and dustmites have to go through similar emotions etc about being so meaningless. What I'm telling you is that a fucking animal, and to be thorough, nothing on this planet other than another human could go through the complex course of thought that I did on this page. Quit fuckin lying to yourself. Now if you want to talk about simple shit like moving around of course other species have the same capabilities as us in terms of instinct, but when we're talking about the complexities of the human mind, comparing us and turtles just makes you look retarded.

Track of the week:

Old 01-03-07, 07:06 PM   #11
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

- sighs. -

A baby cries so it can be heard. So do animals, though in different ways at times, such as whining. All animals show their emotions. Past this we come to emotions such as envy for toys we cannot have, and animals do the same. We have pride --- prideful animals and prideful humans. Sadness when a loved one dies comes from both humans and animals. Do not murder --- that will lessen the pack. Animals want to look their best so they can mate and share their strong genes, and females want to look good because they're hoes who want to rip off their jeans. Animals have lust --- monkeys fuck each other for fun, you see dogs mounting dogs and bulls mounting bulls and cows mounting cows and everything in the animal kingdom getting their jig on. Animals will have paranoia when there is a hunter around or anything that means them harm.

Keep telling yourself you're nothing but an animal, dumbshit. The lion thinks itself the king, and so do all manners of seemingly insignificant beasts. Who the fuck are you to say a wolf's howl is not a sharing of mathematical theories or theological musings? Suddenly you become some master of all animal emotions?
Old 01-03-07, 11:10 PM   #12
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic/Socrates
From this perspective, it would be a bad thing because by imagining it I still imagine having feelings and all that you know? I think it's scary to imagine or feel about not being able to imagine or feel, that's essentially part of what makes me human.

The Heaven and Hell thing I don't know what I believe about all that yet, there's no way I can have any idea of what it could be from my personal experiences.

Yeah, but you wouldn't have any of those feelings. -_-
Old 01-03-07, 11:11 PM   #13
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

And about what you guys are talking about... I think you are referring to self conciousness. Animals don't have self conciousness.
Old 01-03-07, 11:32 PM   #14
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Quote:
- sighs. -

A baby cries so it can be heard. So do animals, though in different ways at times, such as whining. All animals show their emotions. Past this we come to emotions such as envy for toys we cannot have, and animals do the same. We have pride --- prideful animals and prideful humans. Sadness when a loved one dies comes from both humans and animals. Do not murder --- that will lessen the pack. Animals want to look their best so they can mate and share their strong genes, and females want to look good because they're hoes who want to rip off their jeans. Animals have lust --- monkeys fuck each other for fun, you see dogs mounting dogs and bulls mounting bulls and cows mounting cows and everything in the animal kingdom getting their jig on. Animals will have paranoia when there is a hunter around or anything that means them harm.

Keep telling yourself you're nothing but an animal, dumbshit. The lion thinks itself the king, and so do all manners of seemingly insignificant beasts. Who the fuck are you to say a wolf's howl is not a sharing of mathematical theories or theological musings? Suddenly you become some master of all animal emotions?

Refer to what Terumoto said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Yeah, but you wouldn't have any of those feelings. -_-

I know, but that's what I'm saying. It's fucking retarded for me to be scared of what is essentially nothing, and yet somehow I am.

Track of the week:

Old 01-04-07, 04:42 PM   #15
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

Quote:
I think you are referring to self conciousness. Animals don't have self conciousness.

A nice, well-researched statement, based off interviews and multiple sources, blending wit and humor into an unforgettable ending.