RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-07, 05:51 AM   #1
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Sounds like YOUR religious experience?

IP: 9B2C 9A4D

Many people rebel against religion or God because of things they were taught growing up. Let me say this. Don't resist loving the God of the universe because of bad doctrine forced upon you in the past. The truth is, God is wonderful. Much of what you think is from the bible or is "true" is simply man-made doctrine perpetuated by people who are hypocrites.

Isaiah 29:13 attests to this:

The Lord says,
"These people worship me only with their words.
They honor me by what they say.
But their hearts are far away from me.
Their worship doesn't mean anything to me.
They teach nothing but human rules."
Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 06:02 AM   #2
Implicit
-BTR-

IP: 3BFD 82A2

there's another verse like this in Matthew..

good verse. definitely
Old 02-15-07, 08:37 AM   #3
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Q
Many people rebel against religion or God because of things they were taught growing up. Let me say this. Don't resist loving the God of the universe because of bad doctrine forced upon you in the past. The truth is, God is wonderful. Much of what you think is from the bible or is "true" is simply man-made doctrine perpetuated by people who are hypocrites.

The Lord says,

so am i correct in believing you don't have to go to church (where people are full of s) to prove you believe in God and your belief in God comes from the way you feel and not what you do each sunday?
Old 02-15-07, 08:48 AM   #4
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Phoenix
so am i correct in believing you don't have to go to church (where people are full of s) to prove you believe in God and your belief in God comes from the way you feel and not what you do each sunday?

Actually, the bible says in the book of Hebrews that we should not "forsake the assembling of yourselves together." In other words, we're supposed to gather together to worship for various reasons:

1. Support (people can get help at church)
2. Rejuvenation (people with common interests gather strength from each other)
3. Learning (the bible says "faith comes by hearing the word of God") Therefore, going to church is integral in the increase of our faith. Some people argue that they can "learn" or "read the bible" at home. While this is true, do you stay home from school and educate yourself? No. Can you stay home and read the textbook? Yes. However, to get that deeper understanding we sit under someone who is experienced and wise enough to break down what we need to know.

So, to answer your question, YES, we are supposed to go to church. However, how often is left up to you. I wouldn't suggest going more than a couple weeks at a time without going to church.
Old 02-15-07, 04:14 PM   #5
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

IP: 2020 96DE

yea i hate that..how can people live for god when they dont even know shit besides what they read in some book?? how many diffrent religions are there out there?? if theres any truth to any of them its only gonna be one of them thats right thats why i aint thinkin bout none of that shit..i dont worry bout god and the bible and religion and all that..i aint saying it dont exist but how can i act like i know if it does or not?? im just gonna wait till the time comes..untill i die and learn what the fuck is really up i aint speakin on any religious shit
Old 02-15-07, 04:48 PM   #6
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 314D 6D32

That's the way to get 'em, Q. Quote a book they don't believe at them.
Old 02-15-07, 08:18 PM   #7
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 8E3C C4ED

Quote:

The Lord says,

Have you ever thought about the possibility that you are one of the people who just thinks they worship God, but actually your heart is in the wrong place?
Old 02-15-07, 09:30 PM   #8
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Have you ever thought about the possibility that you are one of the people who just thinks they worship God, but actually your heart is in the wrong place?

Yes...the bible says, "Let a man examine himself"...how do you know? You know them by their fruit. The context of this scripture is that people preach things that aren't God mandated, but man-made. I base my beliefs on what the bible says. I know God's word.

There is ZERO doubt in my mind who I am and who I belong to. The true test of a believer is what you do in private, and not in the public eye. That's the difference between a believer and a hypocrite. I can say with all assuredness that I am a man of God.

In Christ's day, they accused Him of not only NOT being from God, but of being the devil HIMSELF! So, realize that "every tongue that shall rise against me in judgement I will condemn."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi-Kon
That's the way to get 'em, Q. Quote a book they don't believe at them.

^^Whether or not someone believes in something, or believes it to be true doesn't change the fact that it is true. And, that certainly should not stop someone from speaking the truth.EVER.

Last edited by Tha_Q : 02-15-07 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-15-07, 10:35 PM   #9
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 0825 899A

- sighs. -
Old 02-16-07, 08:26 AM   #10
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: 7256 56EE

Quote:
Yes...the bible says, "Let a man examine himself"...how do you know? You know them by their fruit. The context of this scripture is that people preach things that aren't God mandated, but man-made. I base my beliefs on what the bible says. I know God's word.

There is ZERO doubt in my mind who I am and who I belong to. The true test of a believer is what you do in private, and not in the public eye. That's the difference between a believer and a hypocrite. I can say with all assuredness that I am a man of God.

In Christ's day, they accused Him of not only NOT being from God, but of being the devil HIMSELF! So, realize that "every tongue that shall rise against me in judgement I will condemn."

^^Whether or not someone believes in something, or believes it to be true doesn't change the fact that it is true. And, that certainly should not stop someone from speaking the truth.EVER.

you assume its the truth...the problem with faith is its based on nothing......

i believe in god but fuck all the shit that MEN say you have to do in order to be with him in some old book
Old 02-16-07, 04:32 PM   #11
Magic5

IP: A5F1 2806

Actually, I grew up believing whole heartedly in the church because THAT was how I was brought up. I went to Sunday school, church whenever I was at my mom's house - I lived for that shit. Somewhere around four years ago I started thinking for myself and started asking questions. About a year later I came to the conclusion that Christianity is a piece of shit. So no, that doesn't sound at all like my religious experience. I was like you a couple of years ago (minus the gay part).