RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-07, 07:07 AM   #1
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
A bunch of bullshit questions

IP: 0825 899A

Regarding life

Okay, if we're all put here on earth to be happy, then why is desire looked down upon. If we're here to help others..... help them do what? Stay alive? Okay if it's to help them stay alive then why do we die then of a natural cycle. And if we're alive what are we supposed to do while we're here? Is life all about the constant pursuit to stay alive? Desire itself is proof of a void, you can only desire something you don't have or want more of. Which is basically like the whole rich/poor sight/blind thing. If you have 2 arms and I cut off one you're most likely aren't gonna care about it, unless hearing about something you don't have provokes you to go after it. But it's impossible to have everything at once. Unless of course you were the world itself... that'll fuck my head up later on. But if all of this shit doesn't hurt us if we don't have it or have anything we DO care about circulate through it, we were actualy better off not existing in the 1st place. Which could mean death might be better than life considering some mental states. Inner peace is achieved when you tell yourself you don't want ANYTHING. Which in some people's eyes include life. But if you don't want anything EXCEPT to live, then theres something in this world that you still want. So is it true that the only reason that life can give us to move is the fact that we don't have something? Which would mean invincible= dead. For some reason I can't allow myself to believe life is that empty and pointless I don't wanna drift into apathy like Terumunto did once long ago. Your thoughts

Last edited by Indeph : 04-07-07 at 07:11 AM.
Old 04-07-07, 05:04 PM   #2
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 8E3C C4ED

I guess you are right about me, I drift from extreme contentment to sadness sometimes.

It is pretty early now and I just woke up, but I'll explain most of your questions to you later. What I am having trouble with at the moment is that shit you said about death. That death might be better than life. I often think to myself it wouldn't be bad to just die. Yet I have no reason to kill myself, so I end up feeling like I am waiting for death instead of living life.

Except I am wrong. Since wanting to die is a desire, you can't be wanting to die to escape from life. You can't want to live to escape from death either, which is what most people do. You can't even want to have no desires, because that itself is a desire. Letting go of your desires is like falling off a cliff, basically. It's like you have read that you can fly, you have practiced and understood how to fly, but you still can't bring yourself to jump off the cliff. The little desires that remain like the ones I mentioned above appear to be like harnesses or something that you cling onto when trying to jump off the cliff. But how can you fly when you are attached to a harness? The thing you thought was saving you was actually holding you back, you just have to let go.

And you may have desires that you don't even know about. That is why you first need to practice awareness and understand your situation.
Old 04-07-07, 10:00 PM   #3
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 974D 4926

Well about the whole desires thing, it is possible to be living and not want anything. I'd put it into context you could specifically understand but you'd get mad so I'll speak in more general terms. I tend to get close when I want something really bad, and have been putting my heart and my soul into getting it and I finally do and just, nothing else matters because I'm so fucking happy. Like, if someone would have walked up to me at the time and been like "You want a million dollars?" I'd just be like, "I guess if you wanna give it to me, I'll take it. =/" So I guess in a way desires are destroyed through achievement in a heartfelt goal, but even then it's pretty short lived. BUT, inner peace isn't made through telling yourself you don't need anything, it's actually not needing anything. For instance, falling in love isn't achieved through convincing yourself you're in love, but actually being in love. (Sure, it may seem like love on the outside, but deep down inside you're just clinging onto the concept hoping it'll stick.) I think in the long term, once more and more is realized, you can at one time reach a point to want absolutely nothing, but I imagine the line between that and apathy is extremely thin.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 04-08-07, 12:28 PM   #4
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 1-1
IP: AF61 4A0B

yo..... if i was high.... i'd probably be able to explain all this shyt and make it make sense to everyone thinking that the sense y'all just made didn't make sense to begin with....

that's some deep intellectual shyt right thurrr...

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-07, 01:18 PM   #5
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 9B2C 9A4D

Bro...you're asking too many questions in 1 thread.

I plan to answer your first one later on.

Keep your panties on.

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-07, 01:18 PM   #6
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 3240 794D

MY senses sense that since your senses desensitise the censorship of the sensible your innocense will decent into senselessness. @ IG