RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-07, 03:23 PM   #16
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 28AD 5545

You believe the computer is run by magic because you're the equivalent of an Amish person faced before a computer and you can't comprehend how the complex mechanisms inside function, so you believe it's a miracle from God.

Millions--billions--of people in the world are undereducated dumbfucks who need an imaginary friend to hold their hand so they can continue their perfunctory existence where they wake up, go to work, come home, make spaghetti for dinner, take a shower, watch television, and go to sleep because they lack the mental willpower to exist on their own and acknowledge that someone up there is not guiding everything they do, so they better fucking control their own life because when they lay in the middle of a road at midnight, God's not going to make the cars swerve to the side.

I'm going to whip you in the temple with your dookie chain.
Old 06-17-07, 09:22 PM   #17
Germ
in your system

Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: C649 70C0

pesonally i believe the soul is created in the brain, as another way of facing and accepting the fact we will die one day. when our body goes, we can somewhat be at ease knowing we can carry on where-ever it is a soul goes in the afterlife, if there is one, and that can have a huge effect on the way a person deals with present-life.

it was a good read, keep up

this world is a drug, and everyone's selfish

FLY FREE
Send a message via AIM to Germ Send a message via MSN to Germ   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-07, 09:58 PM   #18
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 3240 794D

Er. I suppose if you twist the definition of soul to 'human yearning for a life after death', yes.
Old 06-17-07, 11:12 PM   #19
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 80D6 7866

Hades let's argue I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Hades

The reason the mind feels separate from the body is because the mind is the source of all mental reactions and the body is a complex mannequin that allows you to support the brain. It IS separate from the body, that's why when, say, you look out of your eyes you feel as if your 'soul' is trapped. The body is a car and the brain is the driver, and your eyes are the windshield.

I disagree with what you are saying about the body being the car and the brain being the driver etc. Why do you think that?
Old 06-18-07, 03:28 AM   #20
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 3240 794D

Of course there are flaws in the analogy, but it's pretty simple as long as you don't go ridiculously deep. But you get the point as a superficial analogy. You look out through the eyes(windshield) and mentally drive your body around. If you leave the car on, it can run by itself (regulating heart beat and breathing) but it can't do anything beyond that. Eventually without someone putting in the gas, the car would stop running (food and hydration). If you want to get really specific and stretch it, meditation could be considered leaving the car via the 'car door'.

Last edited by Crazy Hades : 06-18-07 at 03:31 AM.
Old 06-18-07, 11:10 PM   #21
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 80D6 7866

Hmm yeah I think that is mostly it... There is another kind of consciousness though, the same one that is beating your heart. Breathing is a good example, you can do it either with your concentrated attention or let it do it on it's own. It is similar with many other things.

The fact is that society causes us to overdevelop our concentrated attention and ignore the virtues of our other kind of consciousness. Concentrated attention lacks in many areas, it's just one part of the brain while the other kind of consciousness is a different part.

The kind of consciousness I'm talking about is the one that moves you if say, a ball was flying at your head. Or the one that drives your car if you are having a conversation with someone in the passenger seat and concentrating on that instead of driving. This consciousness is neglected and ignored, even though it is equally or more useful than our concentrated attention. That is because most people think that the concentrated attention is who they are and identify only with that, thinking that that is what drives the car and sees through the windshield. Which is why I wanted to argue with you about it, because you said the same thing.