RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-07, 05:34 PM   #1
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Trusting People and Living an Open/Honest Life...

IP: B4EB 5C31

Some time back, I decided to live my life pretty much as an open book. I wear my emotions on my sleeve and am honest to a fault. I believe when you open yourself up to life this way, you experience it in its fullest. However, I discovered along the way that when you live like this, you become vulnerable to vultures and people who do nothing by prey on those they think are "weaker". I've been burnt before like alot of us have. I've probably burnt someone before. But, it's amazing how when you deal with people who want to take advantage of you, it makes you want to shut yourshelf off and be guarded. I think that's a terrible way to live.

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 05:57 PM   #2
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 3240 794D

Yeah that's true. It's really a catch 22 situation. You can either be happy and trust people, while leaving yourself even more vulnerable to attack. Or you can be guarded and isolate yourself, while possibly avoiding really good friends. Or u can just die and not have to deal with any of that. Hmmm
Old 05-30-07, 07:09 PM   #3
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 80D6 7866

Make sure not to be too honest with yourself... If you see through yourself completely, it will be harder to pretend to be completely honest to other people.
Old 05-31-07, 08:12 AM   #4
сварливый

IP: 1800 4F69

Ever heard of studying? You stupid fucks act like the world's an inbetween where you need to be either fully guarded or on the full attack.

How about taking the strategist approach, STUDYING/asking about the person and trying to see if they are TRUSTWORTHY before trusting them?

I'm not saying you're stupid but just from reading a few short sentences from the second poster, in my awe and his agreement with the opening post, it sounds like you people would hand the keys to a new benz over to some fucking stranger and be like "It's really a catch 22 situation. whether or not you come back with my new car which i just handed you the keys to. Don't let me down!"
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 05-31-07, 09:26 AM   #5
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

IP: 47F3 E0A2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
Ever heard of studying? You stupid fucks act like the world's an inbetween where you need to be either fully guarded or on the full attack.

How about taking the strategist approach, STUDYING/asking about the person and trying to see if they are TRUSTWORTHY before trusting them?

I'm not saying you're stupid but just from reading a few short sentences from the second poster, in my awe and his agreement with the opening post, it sounds like you people would hand the keys to a new benz over to some fucking stranger and be like "It's really a catch 22 situation. whether or not you come back with my new car which i just handed you the keys to. Don't let me down!"

Please don't merge my comments with those who posted after me. I'm clear in what I define as "trustworthy". I stated that I'm an open book. And, when you're an open book, people know how to hurt you because you're basically vulnerable. That's a truth of the matter. I do believe, however, that people who live life without being totally guarded experience it fuller than those who don't.

Old 05-31-07, 09:32 AM   #6
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 28AD 5545

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v

Jesus you misinterpreted that to hell.
Old 05-31-07, 12:08 PM   #7
сварливый

IP: 1800 4F69

But i wasn't wrong either.

What's the lamest possible way I can end this in text form?

Baaaa'zing.
Old 05-31-07, 11:00 PM   #8
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: 974D 4926

I trust people a lot too, if they play me, that's on them. I just make sure I never get played twice by the same person. I was out the other day and handed my chain to someone who wanted to see it, a dude I ain't even know, and he was like "The fuck? I could just take off with this right now.." and I was just like "Yeah, you could.", heh.

In terms of personal issues and emotions though, I opt not to talk about them to people unless I feel they know me well enough to understand where I'm coming from. It's not that I don't trust others, it's just that I don't want to be judged for something I say when it's not what I meant.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 05-31-07, 11:37 PM   #9
сварливый

IP: 30B6 8894

Yo soc can I see y0 ch41n n1gz.
Old 06-02-07, 08:01 PM   #10
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

IP: 3AD5 555C

you can allow yourself to be open if you simply dont give a fuck what other people think. why should you have to be so secretive of your life cuz of everyone else? if you do that then everybody else is still controlling you and your lifestyle is STILL affected by others. im through with isolation i've been completly isolated for months and months well over a year and thats even less healthy cuz you aint in contact with NO ONE which means you might as well be dead. as you go on you'll learn that nobody means nothing to you and that only you matter. sounds completly self-centered but thats the only way to be free
Old 06-04-07, 06:13 PM   #11
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

IP: B4EB 5C31

^^^That's completely the opposite of what I believe. No man is an island. I do agree that you can not put your trust in people. People will let you down everytime. I don't, however, believe you should go through life with a "fuck everybody" attitude. We need each other. I think opening yourself up to new people does make you vulnerable. But, at least you'll live life fuller than someone who is completely guarded.