RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-07, 09:43 PM   #1
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

A little verse for you, Nos and Teru

IP: BB78 D6B4

1 Corinthians 1:18-25
18 The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God. 19 As the Scriptures say,

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise
and discard the intelligence of the intelligent.”[e]

20 So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the world’s brilliant debaters? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish. 21 Since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom, he has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe. 22 It is foolish to the Jews, who ask for signs from heaven. And it is foolish to the Greeks, who seek human wisdom. 23 So when we preach that Christ was crucified, the Jews are offended and the Gentiles say it’s all nonsense.

24 But to those called by God to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles,[f] Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God’s weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength.

you'll still thinks it's non-sense but I just came across this

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 07-23-07, 11:03 PM   #2
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

Oh okay, so God wants us all to be stupid, and trust the people of the christian faith, regardless as if they have no proof of their claims, but circular logic. Also he wants us to believe the christians blindly, even if the they basically use the tricks that the devil uses, but in reverse.(Instead of tempting you with desire, pursaude them with fear) Understood.
Old 07-23-07, 11:04 PM   #3
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

Actually, that was EXTREMLY closeminded of me. -_- I just REALLY hate that quote. I don't think the christian faith is stupid, just that quote -_- makes me cringe at how insulting it is to anyone who thinks
Old 07-23-07, 11:27 PM   #4
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5C45 839C

^^^werd. circular logic only lasts so long before the dog stops chasing its tail.

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-07, 02:00 AM   #5
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 3223 240D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
1 Corinthians 1:18-25
18 The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God. 19 As the Scriptures say,

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise
and discard the intelligence of the intelligent.”[e]

20 So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the world’s brilliant debaters? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish. 21 Since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom, he has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe. 22 It is foolish to the Jews, who ask for signs from heaven. And it is foolish to the Greeks, who seek human wisdom. 23 So when we preach that Christ was crucified, the Jews are offended and the Gentiles say it’s all nonsense.

24 But to those called by God to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles,[f] Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God’s weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength.

you'll still thinks it's non-sense but I just came across this

All this quote means is that intelligence and wisdom are nothing compared to real God experience. It also means to be weary of those who proclaim they are wise or intelligent. The folly of false wisdom and intelligence is that you think you know, when you can never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever know. NEVER. I would say to you that I know God, but all I would be doing is using the english language to fail at conveying my point to you. What I would really be trying to say is that I know that God cannot be known, i.e., I can see the frame of God thanks to signposts in this life, but all I can see is the frame, not God. God is what lies within the frame or what the signpost is pointing to.

So do you see how wisdom and intelligence mean nothing? A person who thinks himself wise or intelligent because he can see such things is a complete fool. He is a fool because he does not see the huge gap of absence in his knowledge.

Not to mention a truly wise person will come across as foolish to the world. A person like Jesus was considered crazy by the people of his time, when in reality his vision was far clearer than anybody else's.
Old 07-24-07, 02:01 AM   #6
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 3223 240D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
Actually, that was EXTREMLY closeminded of me. -_- I just REALLY hate that quote. I don't think the christian faith is stupid, just that quote -_- makes me cringe at how insulting it is to anyone who thinks

Anybody who is insulted by this quote is an example of the truth in the quote.