RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-05, 01:13 PM   #16
Magic5

IP: 6EB9 28C9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAY
take a class at a community college or somethin

I'm a junior in high school right now. I don't have time for college classes on top of my high school classes.
Old 09-24-05, 01:15 PM   #17
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
I don't study the market, but I do invest in it...particularly for my retirement fund...which to me always sounded like bullshit...BUt...it is fun watching your money escalate month by month...

Go to a financial institution and ask them to send you a brochure

If you are truly in the stock market, your money will not just 'escalate' every month. Every stock rises and falls. What kind of stocks have you invested in?
Old 09-24-05, 02:56 PM   #18
DON
Middle Weight

Text Record: 27-11
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: ED2C D95D

u dont need any classes or education on it at all. i trade all the time its so easy. jus get an online brokerage and do it u dont need to read any books. jus know the basics.

and buy krispy kreme as soon as u can (kkd)
Old 09-24-05, 02:59 PM   #19
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5467 E2B2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
I'm a junior in high school right now. I don't have time for college classes on top of my high school classes.

oh, shit i aint know

u were talkin like ur about 85

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 09-24-05, 04:00 PM   #20
Grave Digger
R.I.P

IP: 591C A203

My dad has made so much money playing the stocks, and so have I.

But if you want to know my opinion, stop right now. First of all books won't do shit, trust me, stock brokers all suck, trust that too. You just gotta be able to play em period. And you will probably end up losing more money then you make as the majority does.

So...
Old 09-24-05, 04:51 PM   #21
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON
u dont need any classes or education on it at all. i trade all the time its so easy. jus get an online brokerage and do it u dont need to read any books. jus know the basics.

My knowledge of stocks, and how they are affected by certain things was very limited. I've talked with my dad for about 4 hours today I'm beginning to grasp the concepts. I'm still reading the books before I get started, though. Knowing the basics isn't good enough for me.
Old 09-24-05, 04:51 PM   #22
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAY
oh, shit i aint know

u were talkin like ur about 85

Lmao. Nah, I'm just trying to put together some capital.
Old 09-24-05, 05:00 PM   #23
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack The Ripper
My dad has made so much money playing the stocks, and so have I.

But if you want to know my opinion, stop right now. First of all books won't do shit, trust me, stock brokers all suck, trust that too. You just gotta be able to play em period. And you will probably end up losing more money then you make as the majority does.

So...

If you are serious you don't "just play them." I'm not looking to throw 2 grand in to a fucking krispy kreme stock and hope to God that it goes up. You can do that, sure.. but there are SO many more factors that should affect what stocks you buy and don't buy.

It's not as simple as that.

If it was then THOUSANDS of people wouldn't be suscribing to 'Investor's Busniess Daily.' I'm not looking to fuck around and hopefully make $10 or some shit. I'm looking to make money, and that for me, isn't about knowing the basics and randomly guessing what stocks should go up.
Old 09-24-05, 05:04 PM   #24
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektikul
Wish I could help you but I know nothing about the subject and have no intentions of learning.

But GL and strike it rich yo.

Ps. Get some shares in the gas/fuel industry...maybe.

I was thinking about that gas/fuel shit and I figured out why I'm not going to buy it. Let me explain;

Right now, with gas prices so high, car companies all over are trying to figure out a way to mess around with the hydrogen so not so much oil will have to be used.. and eventually, basing off of how fast our technology is growing, I don't think oil will need to be used at all, henceforth I think you're shooting yourself in the foot investing in an oil company now.

That's like, investing in type writers in the late 80s- early 90s. You just wouldn't do it.
Old 09-24-05, 05:06 PM   #25
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON

Oh, and I just looked at Krispy Kreme and I see what you mean.. but how can you be sure the stock won't keep going down? Shares look like they are about $6 each right now, but in January '05 they were at $13, and Krispy Kreme is just on a total downward slope right now.
Old 09-24-05, 05:49 PM   #26
Grave Digger
R.I.P

IP: 591C A203

Quote:
If you are serious you don't "just play them." I'm not looking to throw 2 grand in to a fucking krispy kreme stock and hope to God that it goes up. You can do that, sure.. but there are SO many more factors that should affect what stocks you buy and don't buy.

It's not as simple as that.

If it was then THOUSANDS of people wouldn't be suscribing to 'Investor's Busniess Daily.' I'm not looking to fuck around and hopefully make $10 or some shit. I'm looking to make money, and that for me, isn't about knowing the basics and randomly guessing what stocks should go up.

I've made 'bout 20,000 so far.

But like I said hobo, you play the stocks, it that simple, you either make money or you lose it, of course there's other factors and you gotta know what your doing, but books and stock brokers really aren't gonna help you that much.

Phillip Mores, been making us mad money, Bombardier fucked us over. Beas was doing great..... years ago, -_- Texas instruments been up down. But wt/v, it's not easy. Duh.
Old 09-24-05, 06:37 PM   #27
DON
Middle Weight

Text Record: 27-11
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: ED2C D95D

yeah krispy kreme is on a downward but they just had a federal investigation which brought it down plus they went down because the atkins diet. the actual price of the stock going up or down isnt fully determined by how many donuts they sell. no stock is determined fully by how much business they do. krispy kreme donuts still appeals to the sam emarket with the same amount of people with the same amount of stores and the same product. the only reason the pirce has went down is because of rumors and the federal investigation, ive made over a grand on krispy kreme and now is the time to buy because it will shoot back up to 7 dollars a share so for every share you buy you will be making a dollar for each share.

o and www.firstrade.com is one of the best online brokerages its wat i use. plus there r no hidden fees and the trading fee is really cheap compared to every other trading company.
Old 09-24-05, 08:22 PM   #28
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack The Ripper
I've made 'bout 20,000 so far.

But like I said hobo, you play the stocks, it that simple, you either make money or you lose it, of course there's other factors and you gotta know what your doing, but books and stock brokers really aren't gonna help you that much.

Phillip Mores, been making us mad money, Bombardier fucked us over. Beas was doing great..... years ago, -_- Texas instruments been up down. But wt/v, it's not easy. Duh.

The book I'm reading now is a guide to the markets. It's not about how to invest money.. it's me trying to figure out what's going on.
Old 09-24-05, 08:25 PM   #29
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON
yeah krispy kreme is on a downward but they just had a federal investigation which brought it down plus they went down because the atkins diet. the actual price of the stock going up or down isnt fully determined by how many donuts they sell. no stock is determined fully by how much business they do. krispy kreme donuts still appeals to the sam emarket with the same amount of people with the same amount of stores and the same product. the only reason the pirce has went down is because of rumors and the federal investigation, ive made over a grand on krispy kreme and now is the time to buy because it will shoot back up to 7 dollars a share so for every share you buy you will be making a dollar for each share.

o and www.firstrade.com is one of the best online brokerages its wat i use. plus there r no hidden fees and the trading fee is really cheap compared to every other trading company.

I know that how much the company sells doesn't matter.. it's a free market economy. I'm not joining up at a stock brokerage, though. My dad has been doing stocks for over 20 years, and is business major and is one of the best attorneys in this state (at the kind of law he does). He seems to think I don't need one, so I won't get one. I'm going to subscribe to the 'Investor's Business Daily' newspaper, and that's about it for now. Probably around Christmas I'll start investing and shit.
Old 09-24-05, 08:25 PM   #30
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 1ADC A69C

Quote:
If you are truly in the stock market, your money will not just 'escalate' every month. Every stock rises and falls. What kind of stocks have you invested in?

iz mutual funds...so it's a collection of stocks...and mine always rises cuz with retirement funds, u designate a percentage stock, bonds, and cash...

unless there's some major crash...which hasn't happened
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote