RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-06, 03:19 PM   #16
MaRVJay
aMERiKaZ NiGHTMaRE!

Text Record: 57-24
IP: D2AF 3ACF

i mean da 1st time i ever rap'd it was on a beat i use 2 make tapes n shit...text is jus like u sittin in da krib bored nahmean....but when u start ya rap career from textin then dat's badd and niggaz like mimesis & a few other's there sad they neva even attempt'd 2 rap on a beat but sit on rv all day talkin bout there kings and shit
"Wordz Ahgod has DECLINED this battle on 12-20-06 09:49 PM.

This thread has been automatically closed."

^^he's scared.lol
Send a message via AIM to MaRVJay   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-06, 03:22 PM   #17
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

With rap the musical element to it does add an addition to the impact. As does your voice which concedes with your theory, although since its art you can do what you please in it. The line between rap spoken word and poetry are all very very thin, I just choose to call anything that's intended as rap, rap. If you write a rap song and have yet to, or have no plans to record it its still a rap song to me. That's just me though. It's a very suggective thing.
Old 07-29-06, 03:22 PM   #18
Ca'lam
The Light

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 7-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: F94A DB0D

but then that just makes my point tho.

but to me thats like a Poser. Cats who want to skatebaord. buys one. learned to ollie and then says hes skateboarder.. dont gimme that shit.

Put in some hard work, and show me something. otherwise dont just claim shit cause you wanna be cool, yahmean ?

people get serious when it comes to art man, and to just popup, drop a weak flowed verse and say you a rapper pisses me off.

Proud OYD member again . <------- That is whassup
Old 07-29-06, 03:22 PM   #19
J Summers

IP: 96F2 DF03

indeph whats ur soundclick.?..........................
Old 07-29-06, 03:23 PM   #20
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaRVJay
i mean da 1st time i ever rap'd it was on a beat i use 2 make tapes n shit...text is jus like u sittin in da krib bored nahmean....but when u start ya rap career from textin then dat's badd and niggaz like mimesis & a few other's there sad they neva even attempt'd 2 rap on a beat but sit on rv all day talkin bout there kings and shit

Yeah, that's true. Ya'll be right
Old 07-29-06, 03:24 PM   #21
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Summers
indeph whats ur soundclick.?..........................

JEsus christ do not look at my soundclick. Those songs are from last year and some people claimed to like it while they were probably on drugs. Whats your aim I'll send u the soundclick if you dare.
Old 07-29-06, 03:29 PM   #22
J Summers

IP: 96F2 DF03

i dare i aint got aim on this comp hit my msn up... g_unitjs@hotmail.com <shuttup i made it when i was 14
Old 07-29-06, 03:49 PM   #23
Jay Rose
I don't lose

Audio Record: 7-1
IP: F905 13C7

okayyyyy the whole text thing.....if you're writing to a beat then its considered a form of ghostwriting but not technically rap....if you know anything about ghost writing the person who raps it doesnt go verbatim....they will add their own flare, voice inflections and annunciation on certian words, so just writing the text of they lyrics isnt really rapping, its just the frame work to get on your way to rapping....in here you said but rap can be accapella, with their own flow...thats when it has structure...text heads here think they are rapping when they write like a 4X4 for a one scheme n the next is a 3X5...not gon happen in a song, they look down on an audio persons text cuz the audio person has the brains to cut out middle words which would help paint the picture but take away from the flow....texting is NOT rapping....its just an element of rap, one tool needed to put together a rap.....but not rap....thats why myself and others look down on text heads....cuz first off you have a slim idea of what structure is and second you think your amazing when its lackluster at best if you cant say it right....texting is not rapping.....its lyric writing = poetry

well i thought about the army
dad said, son you're fucking high
and i thought, yeah there's a first for everything
so i took my old man's advice
three sad semesters
it was only fifteen grand spent in bed
i thought about the army
i dropped out and joined a band instead

Old 07-29-06, 05:58 PM   #24
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5285 DC82

nothing wrong with text. You wouldnt tell william wordsmith that because he wrote poems and didnt record audio, doesnt mean he wasnt a genius.

text is cool
Audio is cool
Life is cool
*hugs tree*
Old 07-29-06, 07:26 PM   #25
FH
New to RV

IP: 369D BAF4

both audio and text need their own mindframes and have their fanbase of choice.
like an mmorpg game, theres different jobs and classes. all of them are good at their own thing and when they're put up to fight eachother 1vs1, its hard to tell who will win by comparing classes. the only thing people can use to predict the winner is the players' reputations and win records. rap is a general branch/element of hiphop itself, just as breakdancing and turnablism is. it all comes down to the choice of the artist and fan preference(of every element of hiphop) to feel out which is a stronger division and if it matters or not and how enjoyable they'd conceive each to be, personally. all of these artforms are jawdropping at their fullest potentials. imo getting cocky with text is cheesy as hell though.
Old 07-29-06, 10:43 PM   #26
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 07E5 1B4C

text is like yugioh or pokemon and pogs and shit. when you're into it you wanna be great and you conquor all this shit and what not, but one day you outgrow it and look back like damn.

and then again...some people never outgrow their pokemons...

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-06, 11:03 PM   #27
~Lady Fiya~
~*Duchess of Metaphors*~

IP: 6629 0CBB

RAP stands for R.HYTHM A.ND P.OETRY... you need BOTH not just writing things down on paper.. come on depho you know this, stop your lil' tantrum thingamajigger... I agree with Ca'lam on most accounts (hence i haven't read the whole entire thread) just summed up the major points from both sides... Ahhh i just worked 12 hours, im not really ALL there in my head so nighty and stuff...