RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-07, 01:16 PM   #1
don cardyac
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-3
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
fat joe- me myself & i

IP: 8BEF 45EF

this is joe's 1st. idependent lable release.this album is short but a good one and here's why.

1.PENDEMIC- produced by streetrunner
this opener track has a slower beat with slightly off beat drums and a girl singing "have mercy on me" in the background. joe rides the beat well as he talks about everything from, justifying hardcore raps place in hip hop, to how people are taking advantage of katrina tryna get extra benefits while the ones who need it go without.
grade- c+

2.DAMN- produced by grind music
A stereotypical classic terror squad type of beat. with horns and a high note playing roock guitar. gives it a really grimey feel. fat joe sublimanaly disses 50 cent "you ain't pac you aint even a great actor/ matter fact you is a great actor". joe brought out that old school flow he would of used when collaboed with pun. if you heard old TS music than this blends right in.
grade- b

3.THE PROFIT ft.LIL WAYNE- produced by dj khaled
money making anthem. the beat has light drums and horns playing making it sound like a royal beat that they would play if a king was coming. fat joe rapped off topic in the first verse by just doing a lot of bragging about being legendary and making death threats to people. 2nd verse wayne out shined fat joe but he still wasn't as ill as he usually is, but was still decent tho. 3 rd verse joe got back on topic but was still threatening to kill people if they return with his money or work. the beat is awesome but the lyrics couldn't measure up.
grade- c-

4.NO DRAMA(clap & revolve)- produced by the runners
stereotypical hardcore fat joe song. the beats sounds just like rick ross' hustlin, and jim jones' reppin' time. they all sound just alike with the sampled screwed chorus. it was kinda funny the situations he brought up when he'd have to clap and revolve. it was his first single but it wasn't a smash hit so it went unnoticed by most.
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevanc...ma-clap-revolve
grade-c+

5.BREATHE AND STOP ft.THE GAME- produced by nu jersey devil
reggae beat sampled from Bob Marley's "war". the game never rapped but he handled the chorus. fat joe rides this beat like he wrote the lyrics for this beat only as he raps about people snitchin' in court and openly disses 50 with "50 pussy, then again we know that/ we don't never see him in the hood, plus the all rats/ joey dont give a f***, tell that nigga hold that(blat)/"
and goes on talking about what he'll do to snitches.2nd verse he expresses how he can only be himself "i could play like kanye and let my chesthair show/ throw on some kool moe d glasses but that just ain't joe? he also took subliminal shots at t-pain with "you in love with a stripper?, i'll f*** her and diss her/ than give her that mayo, you come & you kiss her".
grade- b+

6.SHE's MY MAMA- produced by streetrunner
this beat has high noted horns and loud snares. joe tells a stroy about how he met this girl when she was 16 and cinderella'd her till she was grown and told how loyal she is. than another terror squad member hopped on the second verse and told how he met this independent chick that took care of him and how they are partners in crime litterally. they ride the beat on rhythm but not realy any new creative flow. cuz the beat matches joe's original style.
grade- b

7.MAKE IT RAIN ft.LIL WAYNE- produced by scott storch
this beat has olympic or marathon song horns and has the sound effect of rain falling, with a keyboard in the background its hard to explain the sound but. this is the smash simgle so if you listen to radio then more than likely you've heard this. fat joe talks about money again ana how we cant let the east die just cuz the south is here but we still co-exist, as he imitates styles of southern rappers, rick ross, and young dro. wayne just did the chorus no rapping from him.
grade- b

8.JEALOUSY- produced by grind music
the beat is a calm beat that sounds like some old dick tracey like music, and a lot of loud snares. it also has an opera singer saying "jealousy" over and over throught the whole song. fat joe brings up a great topic of why grown men are jealous of women him when they can just get there own and that they go as low as to even be jealous of the women that he has. than he goes on talking about his street cred and how he can walk through the streets and get love without body guards. overall a good song. he also rides the beat great.
grade c+

9.THINK ABOUT IT- produced by scott storch
this beat also has a lot of horns making it sound like a fight song that a boxer would enter with. sounds similar to "take a look at my life" fom DjfightforNY. fat joe spits crazy hardcore lines all over this as he constantly switches his flow from style to style meanwhile staying on rhythm. but it was still just another hardcore rap song about murder and mayhem in the streets.
grade b+

10.HARD NOT TO KILL- produced by grind music
this beat is an old school fat joe sounding song, feels like 1990 again when fat joe started spitting on flow joe. he sounds like he's using Pun's flow on here. he actually says that this is classic BX style music. it has a catchy hook and he rides the beat well as always. he does the hardcore stuff again but he also tells how he raised and trained most of these rap dudes but now they turnin' on him and disrespecting all that he did for 'em. it is like a theraputic song sounding like he's tryna restrain from doin' it but its hard not to kill nigs.
grade a-

11.BENDICION MAMI(maria)- produced by street runner
this song has drum bells snares a harpischord playing 2 notes constantly and a rock guitar. it sounds like you would expect an emotional fat joe song to sound. he told stories of the way he put his mom through so much trouble as a youngin' and how she got locked up tryna provide for them and how thankful he was as he reminised on his whole childhood and how many amazing things that she has done. and the miracle that she's still living but y'all gotta hear it cuz i dont wanna give away the feeling of the song.
this is CLASSIC and is one of the deepest songs joe's ever done. its the modern day "DEAR MAMA"but a whole different story.
grade-a+

12. STORY TO TELL- produced by dj khaled
this beat has a grinding bass sound similar to jarule's new york. as he told stories of people who had to sin to survive and addresses the hip-hop snitches and gets at lil ceaseabout snitchin' on kim "now i aint a rapper, muvaf*** that/he snitched on kim now how lame is that?" then he clears the rumors about people who we're rumored to be beefing with him b doing a roll call of all the people that is down with him at the end. and in respcet to krs-one at the end he yells out "we number 1!".
grade a

cons- throughout the album joe constantly keeps talking about murder and being a killer and that hardcore rap s***. if your a fan of hardcore than it might not be a con but to me it just got kinda repetitive.

pros- this album was heavily slept on but joe really pulled out his story telling ability and his style switching abilities on this one. and for some fans, it was good to see joe return to his hardcore roots.not to mention that everybeat on here was fiyah nomatter where your from or how old school you are you'd like them.if your a fan of that classic mid-90's new york rap than this is the album for you.

overall grade- b-

overall this album gets a b-.
Old 05-30-07, 12:02 AM   #2
B.I.G.
B.I.G.

Text Record: 3-3
IP: 3AED 28D4

PERFECT REVIEW

productions looks hot....

Ima cop this album

Bizzacckkk
Old 06-01-07, 06:58 PM   #3
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: E979 6945

"hard not to kill niggas, its like a full time job not to 45 and relove niggas" who the fuck says that and who does fat joe take that from? but yo i think i heard fifty say it, but he prolly took it from someone too. Biggy? cant remember right now

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-07, 08:04 AM   #4
(X)eed
(X) CeEding all Expectations

Text Record: 11-18
IP: 9508 9A72

fat joe ate of big pun
rest mi case

(X)CeeD