RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-07, 12:36 PM   #1
don cardyac
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-3
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
jim jones- hustler's p.o.m.e.

IP: 44FD 6166

this is jim jones' 3rd solo album. release in november 06 on diplomat/koch records.

1.intro ft.max b. produced by-big k.o. for HPX music inc.

this song has a hard rocknroll beat with high noted piano keys. it kicks off with jim talking than max b. singing the chorus telling the listeners to strap up for the ride(album) than jim goes into rapping about his past and brings it up to how he's balling legally now in the present. great intro for this album.
click here to listen> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufj_I5TRMRw
grade b.

2.so harlem ft.max b. produced by-Chink Santana(murder inc.)

this beat has light snares, deep piano notes, and mid-high notes played continuosly on an electronic keyboard. jim jones talks about his old harlem peeps and talks about how they used to ball and pays homage to those r.i.p.'s. and talks about the way he's still living the fastlife and disses all of his haters and naysayers. max biggavelli sings the chorus only. jim switches his flow on every verse. but they all still sound like his styles, nothing different flowwise.
click here to listen>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iersY2ll78k
grade:c.

3.bright lights, big city ft.max b. produced by jim bond

this beat is a the rocknroll version of jay-z's song in my lifetime, and jim's old mixtape song, how g is this. this beat has a dj scratch in the background playing the stereotypical rap drum pattern. and a buzz in the background thats kinda hard to explain but its sounds like rock music. max b. sings this chorus rediculously off key but its still pretty catchy. jim raps about taking trips to different towns, ballin' out then whilin' out until the cops catch 'em. then brags about how his lawyers can save him so he dont worry about it.
he doesn't change up his flow but he rides the beat with his usual flow.
grade:c.

4.emotionless ft.juelz santana produced by-chink santaka(murder inc.)

this beat has a deep organ,constant drum and beat bass with a a something in the backgound that sounds like a grasshopper. on this song jim puts himself in the mind of an outlaw that lifes nervously and is always on edge becuz he's a wanted man by the law. but yet still he wants to ball until he falls. in the chorus jim quotes 2pac. "they can never take me alive, i'm a ride" juelz didn't really follow the same topic but he just kinda threw up some punchlines and random bragging about who he is.nice verse but just not on topic. click here to listen>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jze1KXZSvo
grade:b-

5.reppin time produced by- the runners

this beat is a stereotypical runners track just like rick ross' hustlin', and fat joe's no drama. jim samples camron for his chorus"when its reppin' time i get on extra grinds". jones brags about beating cases in court and ballin as always, hangin in big sities, pushing rare whips, stacking money, being fly etc.all through the song. its really just a balling theme song lyrically.
it can be heard at the end of the "we fly high" video.
grade:c+

6.pin the tail ft. max b.,juelz santana, camron. produced by- critical child

has mid-high notes played by a rock guitar and a clap & stomp every other line. this is a night club song. max b. sings a funny chorus but he stays on key and its catchy.jim raps about being in a club ballin' than trys to approach a girl but she is kinda resistant so he disses her. juelz throws out some random punchlines again than he gets back on topic talking about how he can book ladies and get them into doin' "THANGZ" quickly. cam doesn't relate to the topic whatsoever but he throws some nice punchlines metas and wordplay tho.
grade:c

7.get it poppin' ft.jhajha, princess(crimemob) produced by-chink santana(murder inc.)

extremely high noted bells, high piano keys, and a bounce bass. jhajha raps about how she wants a g wit' money and if a dude aint givin' it up that she'll take it. jim raps about how any girl should want him cuz he's a baller. and then talks about how he can give shawties the ride of there lives in his car. princess talks about how they do in atl and how dudes better show respect or they can get it poppin' "litterally". jim and jhajha go half&half on the chorus. great song to dance to with a chick at a party.
grade:b-

8.mr.cool skit
"i wear a mean pair of shades/so u cant see my eyes unless my head is bent/
Ya Digg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

9.we fly high produced by-zukhan
the beat has a deep bass boom every 2 lines, electronic horns and goes into a beat breakdown every 8 lines that sound like a robot, or the old power rangers theme. the whole song is about baliin' and avoiding the law. its a smash single so if you have been anywhere except under a rockthan chances are that'chuve heard this song. its a catchy song and has became an often quoted song since it appered on radio fall 06.
click here to listen> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amKVi84CDf8
grade:a-

10. voicemail skit
a girl cussin' jim out. you gotta hear it cuz its funny.

11.love of my life ft.max b. produced by- h.o.t. productions
this beat has a gong in the background. a piano playing, and claps. this song is hilarious,max b. sings terribly off key with this hilarious chorus, talking about how him and his girl sexually perform. the beat sounds like rocknroll than during the chorus it turns into this banquet sounding music. jim jones raps about the girl he has and how he would arty with her all over in all of these cities. he raps in this straining voice sounding like he's about to run outta breath.
grade b+

12.voicemail skit 2
same girl keeps calling and breaks up w/ him.

13.weather man ft.lilwayne, stacks bundles prduced by-majik

this beat has a constant heavy bass in the back ground heavydrum bass and hard snare hits with high organ notes playing what a tornado's winds would sound like. jim raps about how much money he got and how he can make it rain. its just another remake of fat joe's song with a different beat. jim does the chorus. wayne puts up some crazy punches and metaphors but didn't really talk about making it rain. he just talked about killin' people. stacks has a solid verse with punchlines and metaphors too but oonly he stays on topic.
grade:b+

14.dont push me away ft.rell(DDMG) produced by- mercury

this song has a deep guitar playing blues music, and a chipmunk sampled voice in the background. as rell harmonizes. jim talks about how much he loves and needs his woman. then he brags about her and for herand talks about how they met and throws compliments. rell really gets into the feeling into this song breaking down during his verse. this is one of my favorite songs, and its also a song to play to your woman cuz its just beautiful.
click here to listen>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_hPJxRvOi8
grade a+

15.pour wax ft.hell rell produced by-jim jones

jim made this beat himself. it has high notes being played by a keyboard. a slow grinding bass, and constant stomps&claps. jim does the chorus but its on a max b. sounding flow. jim basically just talks about balling as usual getting richer, smoking, his cars women etc. hell rell goes hard in with this one, he stunts his jewels also and threaten anyone who wants a problem with them. in the 3rd verse jim openly disses tru-life(rocafella). the chorus sounds like it could be a diss to but its kinda general so it could be to anyone with the chorus.
grade c

16.freekey zekey skit

zeke calls jim talking about whats been poppn' lately in jail.

17.dont forget about me ft.max b. produced by-joe black & noyz

this beat has a deep violin a high noted softly played harpschord and bells. max b. softly sings the chorus on key. jim jones raps about how he will never forget his fallen soldiers and the ones locked up. he also promises them things when they get back home. at the end he shouts out all of them and gives an inspirational word. listen here> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWW5vOGA8DM
grade b-

18.i know ft. chink santana(murder inc.) produced by- chink santana(murder inc.)

during this song interviews of prisoners are played who tell there story. this beat has a bass guitar playing, a rock guitar playing high notes and bling sounds. chink santana sings the chorus and does the beat as jim talks about how he relates to the street life, trying not to get caught.
grade a-

19.my life produced by-chink santana(murder inc.)

this beat is sampled from a dc go-go song(tcb-sexy lady). chink santana being from dc prolly did for that purpose. this beat has a keyboard playing the tune from david franks' "dont disturb the groove" and drums. as jim talks about growing up as a hustler trying not to get caught by the cops. jim didn'tflow well and the theme get pretty repetitive.
grade c-

20.concrete jungle ft.max b., noe, dr.ben chavis, rell(DDMG) produced by-chink santana(murder inc.)

this beat has a slow pace to it, rell harmonizes, and a piano plays. jim jones talks about all of the wrong he did tryna survive in the concrete jungle, noe(who sounds just like jay-z flow and voice) does the same and then compares his life to most others.max b.starts off well but then goes off topic talking about balling again. then dr.chavis does a verse long sermon.
this is a soul searching deep emotional reflecting song.
grade a-

cons- the subject matter of this album is kinda repetitive, cuz if the song is not a topical and sometimes when it is, jim usually goes to bragging about cars money and women for a default. he also does a lot of biting and quoting old school rappers.

pros-this album has great beats just like dipset albums usually have. jim talks about street life in a way that most of us that are out here can relate to. he also has a lot of great songs just to chill, party, stunt, and have fun to.

overall grade:b-
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=527460
Old 06-04-07, 07:59 PM   #2
GKillaz05
Killin' G'z

Text Record: 70-25
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 8286 1F24

First off does he have to say ballin' in every fuckin' song?.. its mad annoyin'!! and second is he tryin' to be second to jay-z by bitin' as many BIG lines as jiggah did?
B.E.S.T

Crew
TAKE MY ADVICE FROM PEOPLE FROM CANADA nd FUCK YA LYFE
Send a message via MSN to GKillaz05 Send a message via Yahoo to GKillaz05   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-07, 10:08 PM   #3
don cardyac
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-3
IP: 44FD 6166

true. that was one of the downsides of this album, the constant biting. but other than that it was pretty decent. swizz beats got an xl in the xxlmag and he bites almost everything he says so when it comes to grading the albums its all about the music and how well it blended.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=527460
Old 07-24-07, 03:05 AM   #4
big daddy
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-4
IP: 233C 41D5

man I hate this dude
Old 07-25-07, 03:39 PM   #5
xCadaverx
Must not Sleep; Must Warn Others

IP: A52E FBE3

no one really cares, though.. you know?
Old 07-26-07, 01:16 AM   #6
big daddy
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-4
IP: 233C 41D5

if you didnt care you wouldnt have said nothin. so obviouly at least one person cares
Old 07-30-07, 10:46 PM   #7
xCadaverx
Must not Sleep; Must Warn Others

IP: A52E FBE3

Actually, yeah, someone give me a count on how many times he said "ballin" on the album. haha.